I’m obviously in the minority and in a big way

Blackrain

Reaction score
But I think the Cowboys are being underrated by not only the Zoners here, that’s to be expected as they’re miserable ignorant couch potatoes, but also by the national media talking heads. And I LOVE it!

Everyone is trashing them because of Tyron Smith’s injury. But Smith missed 6 games last year and was limited in a couple of others. Yet the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because they lost Amari Cooper. Yet Cooper only had 68 receptions for 865 yards and the Cowboys won 12 games.

Everyone is trashing them because Elliot who played with a torn PCL only had 1,002 yards and a 4.2 ypc average. No one is giving him, and the team, credit for being healthy.

No one is giving them credit for having a very deep TE depth.

Everyone is trashing them because Gallup is injured. Yet he may play in game 2 or 3.

No one is giving them credit for improving their defense and instead crapping on them for letting Gregory go. The defense has arguably the best defensive player in the NFL in Parsons. He’s a game changer. He’s in the elite status like Donald.

They got beat in the playoffs by the 49’ers because of their lack of run defense. But no one is acknowledging that Bohanna is better, that Gallimore is back from injury, that the DE’s have great depth, that the LB’ers are better and have more depth, that the CB’s are better and have more depth, that the Safeties are better and have more depth.

No one is giving them credit for having a dynamic punt and kickoff return man.

All the habitual Debbie Downers here and in the media are saying the Cowboys have no chance to reach the Super Bowl much less win the NFC East.

But I’m here to tell you, and there are some others who agree with me, that don’t sleep on this team. Every Super Bowl team needs the breaks to turn their way. All of them. If the Cowboys get those breaks, avoid the serious injuries to key players, this team can go all the way.

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never.

That's a good post Rocky and I agree with the majority of it Cooper was not pulling his weight Collins was unreliable Randy Gregory should have been gone a long time ago.

Dak is healthy and was able to concentrate on getting better as a quarterback rather than rehabbing an injury which is a total plus Zeke is healthy That is another total plus and one thing that you totally forgot that I think is going to be a serious game changer for us is Turpin.

I think Turpin could be the sleeper pickup that changes some games for us on special teams and in the slot.

I think our defense has gotten better our run defense should be a little better with Cox coming back we should have a really dominant crew of linebackers there are a lot of positives this year.

But we do have to accept there are still some of the same negatives we had 35 penalties in three games coaching has not cleaned this up enough and the offensive line is still a weak link we did not do enough in free agency even though we had the money to fix this.

I don't think fans are negative towards our team but they see like I do that the things that held us back last year have not been attended to enough you can never have too many good offensive lineman and without them it just makes everybody's life more difficult.

I'm in belief if we get the offensive line fixed with some type of quality free agent like Peters that we can at least hold serve with last year or maybe win a playoff game depending on how much our defense has improved.

fredp22

Reaction score
But I think the Cowboys are being underrated by not only the Zoners here, that’s to be expected as they’re miserable ignorant couch potatoes, but also by the national media talking heads. And I LOVE it!.

Everyone is trashing them because of Tyron Smith’s injury. But Smith missed 6 games last year and was limited in a couple of others. Yet the Cowboys won 12 games.
OL is a teams foundation. We lost 2 of 5 and our pick for LT is just not ready yet. LT is the 2nd most important position on your team. We dont have one. Center is also suspect

Everyone is trashing them because they lost Amari Cooper. Yet Cooper only had 68 receptions for 865 yards and the Cowboys won 12 games.
Lamb is no Cooper. Hes fast and good in open field but he so far disappeared when playing #1. he cant handle (at least so far) being doubled which he never got as #2 or had to face the other teams top cb. Coop took the pressure off Lamb

Everyone is trashing them because Elliot who played with a torn PCL only had 1,002 yards and a 4.2 ypc average. No one is giving him, and the team, credit for being healthy.
RB's need a good OL to be successful. Right now ours is weak.

TE depth??? who do we have after overpaid Schultz. Hasnt played a full season yet. what happens when he cant play?

Everyone is trashing them because Gallup is injured. Yet he may play in game 2 or 3.
I'm trashing the depth. Right now Noah is our #2.

No one is giving them credit for improving their defense and instead crapping on them for letting Gregory go. The defense has arguably the best defensive player in the NFL in Parsons. He’s a game changer. He’s in the elite status like Donald.
agree with you on defense. Quinn is doing a good job coaching and has some good players. Defense is the strength. Defense may carry this team

They got beat in the playoffs by the 49’ers because of their lack of run defense. But no one is acknowledging that Bohanna is better, that Gallimore is back from injury, that the DE’s have great depth, that the LB’ers are better and have more depth, that the CB’s are better and have more depth, that the Safeties are better and have more depth.
We got beat by SF because we didnt game plan to attack what everyone knew was SF weakness-a weak secondary. We should have been attacking them most of the game

agree here. Turp has looked good

All the habitual Debbie Downers here and in the media are saying the Cowboys have no chance to reach the Super Bowl much less win the NFC East.
guess put me with that group. Think we have good defense and DC that will try to to carry the team. SB? sorry just dont see it

But I’m here to tell you, and there are some others who agree with me, that don’t sleep on this team. Every Super Bowl team needs the breaks to turn their way. All of them. If the Cowboys get those breaks, avoid the serious injuries to key players, this team can go all the way.
hope ur right

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never
You also didnt mention the penalty or kicker problems
never been off the wagon but this team while I'll be cheering for has a steep hill to climb.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
But I think the Cowboys are being underrated by not only the Zoners here, that’s to be expected as they’re miserable ignorant couch potatoes, but also by the national media talking heads. And I LOVE it!

You band wagoners are not going to get any slack once you jump on. It’s now or never.
No one knows what's going to happen, not even the damned staff.

This defense is about to find greatness, and the offense is a question.

The EXACT opposite of 12 short months ago.

One thing is vital....keeping Prescott on the field. If that happens, this team has a chance.

Either way, concluding on this date that there's zero shot to make a deep playoff run is idiotic. We have had way worse teams that this one.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And miss most of the fun? I am here for the laughs and the homers ain't funny.
I can’t wait for this season. I think we’re going to improve on the highest scoring offense in the league. Imagine starting on the 40 yard line this season instead of the 20. What a big difference that will make .

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No one knows what's going to happen, not even the damned staff.

This defense is about to find greatness, and the offense is a question.

The EXACT opposite of 12 short months ago.

One thing is vital....keeping Prescott on the field. If that happens, this team has a chance.

Either way, concluding on this date that there's zero shot to make a deep playoff run is idiotic. We have had way worse teams that this one.
I totally agree, no one knows what’s going to happen. But I definitely think we’re going to improve. I don’t see doom and gloom.

CWR

Reaction score

There appears to have been a lot of improvement from the younger players, DTs especially.

I can see a world where we are a better team, with Dak a year removed and Zeke at full strength.

I can also see a world where some of the prior moves bite us in the butt.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
When you start off your comment with insults...you most certainly are in the minority.

You act like criticizing the team is some new phenomenon in the sports world. It's a tradition of the ages, from bars to backyards to porches to game day bleachers. Making such a big deal about it is just as maddening and cluttering as the people you are complaining about. Which actually isn't that many it just seems more because threads and comments like this multiply and prolong them.

I think the best bet is to put those people on ignore. A crusade isn't going to change anyone, not sure why you think you wield such power. As already suggested...if you were as wise as you think you are...you'd use the ignore function as intended. You'll be happier, they'd be happier...no wait..."they" wouldn't not be happier...they love the attention and opportunity The Hate Crusaders provide. Take that away from them.
This will never happen. The Hate Crusaders need to have an enemy. The fight gives them purpose and validates their existence. It goes well beyond sports. It pacifies their insecurities. It shields and distracts them from areas of their lives in which they have no control. They need to Crusade. They live to Crusade.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There appears to have been a lot of improvement from the younger players, DTs especially.

I can see a world where we are a better team, with Dak a year removed and Zeke at full strength.

I can also see a world where some of the prior moves bite us in the butt.
It’s going to be a very interesting season. I’m glad we’re playing no name. People waiting to make a name players. That’s how I love watching football. But those are the teams have the high price big-name prima donnas

Reactions: CWR

BHendri5

Reaction score

Brother, you are correct!!! I agree with you 100%!! I never pay attention to those idiots!!, those media talking heads either really dislike the Cowboys or they are following a script that's given them, and the people that talk that idiocy here in this forum, well they just don't know, but in their minds they are the experts smh

I just look here to get information because there's always something here that you can get some accurate tidbits that happens that the media missed at times, but the rest of the stuff is merely comedy, entertainment etc

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It amazes me that after 27 years of GM and front office ineptitude ........ people like Amber still call the people that follow the Cowboys everyday "bandwagoners"

Because they have no faith in the said inept GM and front office.

There is a lot of things to like about this football team.

There is also a lot of the same problems that keep them from getting where they need to go year end and year out.

Last edited:

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It amazes me that after 27 year of GM and front office ineptitude ........ people like Amber still call the people that follow the Cowboys everyday "bandwagoners"

There is also a lot of the same problems that keep them from getting where they need to go year end and year out.
Sometimes I have to remind myself, why do I stay loyal to this franchise. I still believe in Mr. cowboy. The class of the organization. No we’re not gonna always field the best team in the league. But we’re always competitive. And maybe that’s the problem. We never had those high draft picks three or four years in a row. Because you’re always average. 8/8

Hardline

Reaction score
I'm sure most everyone agrees with Rockports post.
What he didn't factor in was the Cowboys uncanny ability to fall on their faces when it matters most.
Talent on paper isn't the same as talent on the field.

jwitten82

Reaction score

Maybe I should schmack you!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It amazes me that after 27 year of GM and front office ineptitude ........ people like Amber still call the people that follow the Cowboys everyday "bandwagoners"

Good point! If you are HERE...you are surely no bandwagoner. It's a deep flaw in the logic, which should discredit the whole entire premise.

_sturt_

Reaction score

I like to think myself one of the more optimistic fans, and even carry a disdain for the caustic chronic cynics. That said, the want for objectivity prompts me to be careful to not underrate the opposition. Basically, I cannot disagree with the bet-osphere which right now ranks us as a 4th or 5th most likely NFC Super Bowl participant. I feel we're in a good place. But so are some other teams... mostly, the usual suspects.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I imagine the Bennie Hill show when I think about this FO. I have no expectations for this season just like last year. The 12 wins were fool's gold last season. I'll pull for them just like I always do but I'm not going to get excited or down about anything that happens. When they make it past the 1st round of the Playoffs I'll maybe let myself get excited.