I’m really irritated by the hypocrisy of Gregory on the roster while Charlton is gone

jday

Reaction score
it makes no sense imo. From how I interpret the situation(based off my interpretations of Stephen Jones statements on the matter), Gregory hasn’t even applied for reinstatement. That fool probably still wants to get those last highs before he stands before Goodell. If the franchise felt like they couldn’t trust or depend on Charlton to be there for the team and released, how the heck is Gregory still associated with the team. What kind of message does that send to the lockerroom and more importantly, the fan base.
Randal Gregory is not on the roster. If Goodell lifted the indefinite suspension, the Cowboys would have to release someone to bring Gregory on to the 53. So...this thread is a bit premature.

But, let's just say for argument sake, he is on the 53 and your assertion is valid:

Remember when Taco kept coming off the field for misc booboo's? I'm pretty sure when they say the player is "soft" that's what they are talking about.

Londonboy

Reaction score
Randal Gregory is not on the roster. If Goodell lifted the indefinite suspension, the Cowboys would have to release someone to bring Gregory on to the 53. So...this thread is a bit premature.

But, let's just say for argument sake, he is on the 53 and your assertion is valid:

Remember when Taco kept coming off the field for misc booboo's? I'm pretty sure when they say the player is "soft" that's what they are talking about.
Wow, that was brief, You O.K Bruv?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why is there any difficulty discerning why Randy Gregory is still on this roster and Taco isn't? Gregory can still help us, Taco couldn't.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I’ve just come to terms that Gregory is like a cat. He has 9 lives here. He’ll be 35 years old still on his rookie contract.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

But Randy Gregory is not on the roster. Total limbo until something happens. To me, he doesn't exist unless he is reinstated.

You go look on the official roster on the official Cowboys website and you will find Randy Gregory under the category, "Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner". There are several categories listed including, "Active, Practice Squad, Reserved/Injured". But they are all on the roster. You don't have to be listed as "Active" to be on the roster. "Active" is just another category on the roster.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Gregory is actually dealing with personal physiological and mental illness issues. Taco was a little awesome person and a crybaby to boot.

The situations are nothing alike and it's asinine to compare them. The Cowboys are supporting someone fighting personal demons. They cut someone who showed he didn't care about putting in the work.

Further more, Gregory probably hasn't applied yet BECAUSE HE'S STILL DEALING WITH THOSE DEMONS. Some of yall are fools plain and simple.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I don't even think of Gregory as being associated with the team any longer.....total non factor.......I would be somewhat surprised if he ever played another NFL down.

Hdsportsfan

Reaction score
I could have sworn earlier in the week with an interview with either Fish Sham that RG applied back in mid July but no one else here has mentioned. So I must not have either paying close enough attention or misheard the interview. I was at work so it's certainly possible I screwed the pooch.

heir

Reaction score
I just don't understand. Fans were so up and arms with Taco, called him a bust before he even played a game, wanted him gone. Now that he is gone, they are up in arms again.

Can't win

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Randy = Talented and can make a difference but bird brain

Taco = Bird brain, bad attitude, questionable talent
Randy = UNRELIABLE
Taco = UNAVAILABLE

Unavailable can become available whereas unreliable is always unavailable. Don't let +70 year old men coach 21-32 year old men. Tom Landry and Bill Parcells 3 year rule violated. Taco was the player on the team through the Irving and Gregory unreliable mess that was available but seldom used. How can Gregory get his starting job back again and again after being suspended 3-4 times since 2015? Same for Irving, and D Law has only had 2 years of being reliable and available. Taco did complete a degree at Michigan and was ALL BIG TEN chosen by coaches and media. Sense the Cowboys are use to dealing with men that behave like juvenile delinquents (Gregory, Irving, Lawrence) did Charlton go against the norm wanting to be treated like a man? I do not know. All I know is it is hard to find 4-3 DL.

Something is seriously wrong with this situation. We head coach from the owners box. So these are the stupid decisions cowboy fans will see constantly no matter who is trying to do right.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
it makes no sense imo. From how I interpret the situation(based off my interpretations of Stephen Jones statements on the matter), Gregory hasn’t even applied for reinstatement. That fool probably still wants to get those last highs before he stands before Goodell. If the franchise felt like they couldn’t trust or depend on Charlton to be there for the team and released, how the heck is Gregory still associated with the team. What kind of message does that send to the lockerroom and more importantly, the fan base.
Come on really get the last few highs in before he meets with the commissioner. Don't you think it's still in his system for weeks. I mean Gregory has issues maybe he needs it for medical issues

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
First of all Gregory might be a sound player in the locker room he's good for the culture. Whereas Taco may not have been. I think that's the main issue. One's a teammate one isn't. But if he's not there what good is being a teammate I understand that also. Only the franchise knows what they're doing

Patrick

Reaction score
Gregory smokes a plant to help himself. Taco is a loud-mouthed baby who expected to be given everything.

That's the difference. IDC if Gregory doesn't play for the next 10 years and is still a part of the Cowboys every year of that. The NFL needs to adapt to 2019. If not actual marijuana, CBD needs to be legal. If you disagree IDK what to tell you, these players put their lives/career on the line every time they step on the field.

jday

Reaction score
You go look on the official roster on the official Cowboys website and you will find Randy Gregory under the category, "Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner". There are several categories listed including, "Active, Practice Squad, Reserved/Injured". But they are all on the roster. You don't have to be listed as "Active" to be on the roster. "Active" is just another category on the roster.
But he is not part of the 53, so the OP's point is moot.

Your point on Randy being better is also valid. :thumbup:

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Good point. Not a taco fan, but I agree whole heartedly.