I’m really irritated by the hypocrisy of Gregory on the roster while Charlton is gone

slick325

Reaction score
It's simple, Gregory from all accounts is liked a lot in the building by front office folks and coaches. He also has much more ability than Taco. Add those two up and it is easy to see why one would be picked over the other.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Amen. I wish you weren't familiar with this type of situation. I truly do.

It did make me a better educator, though. Over the years I met and worked with a lot of kids that were dealing with issues that made things tough. Even as the superintendent, I was to go-to guy in my small district. I was the one the kids came to and I'm thankful I was able to help. The cost for having the experience to help wasn't worth it, but I'm glad that I was able...if that makes any sense.
It does make sense. I have friends that were aware and while sympathetic they didn’t understand how your mind is very powerful and can mess you up. Sure enough one of my friends started having a issue of panic attacks where he would be shopping and would be in line to check out and have to leave his buggy and get out of the store. It wasn’t the same situation but he did then have a better understanding of how your mind can screw with you. OCD is something that everyone has but most have the ability to move on with there thoughts. Best way I found to explain it is a record that is stuck (for us older people). When you would take a penny or nickel and rubber band it to weigh down the needle to keep it going. The penny or nickel is the medication. If that makes any sense to you. Lol..

Unfortunately there is no magic pill. It can only dull the symptoms. I used the meds for a while until I could deal with it on my own without it. It never goes away but if he works at it hard he can learn to live with it. I wish him all the luck in the world. He or no one should be ashamed. It’s part of who you are.

And your a great person for helping people with it. I help a few people that have a similar situation, they had no idea that I deal with it also and it helps people to be able to talk about it to someone that don’t think your a freak.

GMO415

Reaction score
It's simple....JJ is going into the pot business. He needs one of his players to be the spokesperson. He chose Gregory.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong. When Gregory is on the 53 he is a very productive player. Do you not remember how productive he was? There is no way they would cut him. The fact that Taco didn't wanting to be on the roster was irrelevant. He made himself unwanted and we needed the space because Robert Quinn is returning. Taco isn't here because he made himself expendable.

Yes they like Gregory but space on the roster is at a premium and he can't suit up for you.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
My son has a form of OCD that involves horrible and persistent anxiety. It has changed our lives as we try to manage it. NO form of personal treatment should be illegal if it doesn't harm others. He isn't a weedhead. He doesn't drink. Doesn't do illegal drugs...and that has prevented us from even being able to try something with potentially less side effects and possibly more effective. He's one of the nicest and most compassionate people you would ever meet. Everyone who knows him likes being around him even though those interactions are tough for him...at a level most people will never understand. Your attitude about treatment might change if your second grade son ever came home from school in tears telling you it was really hard to live while trying to be perfect every single day. That was 15 years ago and it's still hard to even type that sentence.

Your statement, completely dismissing what Gregory has been reported as dealing with, is a massive part of the problem. We don't look at mental health like we do other forms of health. We treat mental health with shame and ridicule. Everyone with any personal knowledge of Gregory has said that it isn't an attitude problem but a mental health issue.

And you just dismiss it from behind your keyboard because you dealt with"weedheads" in your old line of work. Were you a psychiatrist? Psychologist maybe? Counselor? Any sort of trained medical professional? I'd bet not.

I hope that you can see the difference between these two situations at some point. I also hope that you don't ever understand it the same way that I do. I hope you don't ever experience anything like it. I wouldn't wish that understanding on you.
my son also faces severe mental health. Got diagnosed 8 years ago at age 1 and I been there every step of the way to help him improve. Im probably goin to be taking care of him his whole life or my whole life. So trust me when I stand by my statement. And trust that I’m not being dismissive about his mental health issues. I know ppl with actual conditions where marijuana actually can help them. We haven’t heard anything official about Gregory’s supposed mental health condition. Just that he had one which seeds helps circumvent

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
it makes no sense imo. From how I interpret the situation(based off my interpretations of Stephen Jones statements on the matter), Gregory hasn’t even applied for reinstatement. That fool probably still wants to get those last highs before he stands before Goodell. If the franchise felt like they couldn’t trust or depend on Charlton to be there for the team and released, how the heck is Gregory still associated with the team. What kind of message does that send to the lockerroom and more importantly, the fan base.
I don't even know why Dallas continues to waste time on Gregory versus going out and replacing him for good. He's an average pass rusher and virtual disappears at run support. So for me? I just don't see the love for him. Dallas seems to be so desperate for any pass rusher that they settle for him versus as I said. Trying to replace him and move forward.

GoJacks

Reaction score
I don't even know why Dallas continues to waste time on Gregory versus going out and replacing him for good. He's an average pass rusher and virtual disappears at run support. So for me? I just don't see the love for him. Dallas seems to be so desperate for any pass rusher that they settle for him versus as I said. Trying to replace him and move forward.
Lol. Gregory is not an average pass rusher.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
my son also faces severe mental health. Got diagnosed 8 years ago at age 1 and I been there every step of the way to help him improve. Im probably goin to be taking care of him his whole life or my whole life. So trust me when I stand by my statement. And trust that I’m not being dismissive abou's his mental health issues. I know ppl with actual conditions where marijuana actually can help them. We haven’t heard anything official about Gregory’s supposed mental health condition. Just that he had one which seeds helps circumvent

Why do you believe "Gregory's supposed mental health condition" would be made public? You do know it's illegal to release such info unless the patient agrees to it.

Stating you have a child with mental health issues does not align with the release of private information. Imagine if one of you child's teachers or counselors released his/ her medical info "for the good of society at large". Would you be as dismissive of the release?

The Cowboys have repeatedly discussed RG's mental and coping issues in general terms. If you want specific details, wait 10 years for him to write his biography. And yes, you are being dismissive of his issues. One would think that having a child with issues, you would appreciate what RG is going through and why you will not hear an official diagnosis from the team, the NFL or his doctors.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Lol. Gregory is not an average pass rusher.
Do you consider him elite? If not that makes him average. Either way IMO. His on field production is not worth his off field problems. He's no Haley. Haley was worth the headaches.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
it makes no sense imo. From how I interpret the situation(based off my interpretations of Stephen Jones statements on the matter), Gregory hasn’t even applied for reinstatement. That fool probably still wants to get those last highs before he stands before Goodell. If the franchise felt like they couldn’t trust or depend on Charlton to be there for the team and released, how the heck is Gregory still associated with the team. What kind of message does that send to the lockerroom and more importantly, the fan base.

I agree to an extent. I don't understand why Randy is getting the VIP treatment. He's shown flashes of being a good player but he's still unproven thanx largely to his inability to avoid getting suspended. I've never in 40 years of watching cowboy football seen a a guy given so many chances.

Charlton is just a bad football player whose personality makes it unrewarding for coaches trying to work with him.

cern

Reaction score
Why is there any difficulty discerning why Randy Gregory is still on this roster and Taco isn't? Gregory can still help us, Taco couldn't.
Gregory doesn't cost a dime while on suspension. now taco doesn't either. he's Miami's problem.

cern

Reaction score
Do you consider him elite? If not that makes him average. Either way IMO. His on field production is not worth his off field problems. He's no Haley. Haley was worth the headaches.
haley possessed a sense of humor that was misunderstood. it is said his first day here he walked up to Michael Irvin and said "you ain't no jerry rice". then he walked up to aikman and said "you ain't no joe montana". Michael got it and laughed. aikman was perplexed. but haley wanted to win all the time. no quit in the man.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Why? Gregory has talent, Taco doesn’t. Teams are going to bend over backwards for talented players. It’s like that in every sport.

coult44

Reaction score
Typical weedhead explanation. Heard it all the time in my old line of work

I’ve never smoked weed a day in my life, but I can tell you this, I had 5 shoulder surgeries in 4 years. The CBD oil I used was 100X more effective than any pain pill ever was and I didn’t have to do with getting hooked on opioids. I’ve seen cancer patients live normal life because of marijuana. I’ve seen guys who had seizures be complete healed by using it. It’s taboo and you’re attitude is typical for older generations who would rather pharmaceutical companies make billions off of names brand drugs. There’s NO difference between people who drink beer or take Advil, and those who want the benefits of marijuana. People like you will drink caffeine to wake up in the morning , take Tylenol to deal with a headache, drink a beer or a glass of wine to relax after work, eat a donut for desert, and take an Ambien to go to sleep are complete hypocrites!!!!

Chuck 54

Reaction score
What does Gregory have to do with Taco? He’s not occupying any spot that would be Taco’s.