I’m really irritated by the hypocrisy of Gregory on the roster while Charlton is gone

GoJacks

Reaction score
Do you consider him elite? If not that makes him average. Either way IMO. His on field production is not worth his off field problems. He's no Haley. Haley was worth the headaches.
Elite to average, nothing in between?

Sure.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Do you consider him elite? If not that makes him average. Either way IMO. His on field production is not worth his off field problems. He's no Haley. Haley was worth the headaches.
Interesting thought process there bud. If you're not elite, you're average.
Welp, that simplifies everything!

Beaker42

Reaction score
it makes no sense imo. From how I interpret the situation(based off my interpretations of Stephen Jones statements on the matter), Gregory hasn’t even applied for reinstatement. That fool probably still wants to get those last highs before he stands before Goodell. If the franchise felt like they couldn’t trust or depend on Charlton to be there for the team and released, how the heck is Gregory still associated with the team. What kind of message does that send to the lockerroom and more importantly, the fan base.
Gregory is victim of an addiction due to anxiety, a good guy and gives max effort. Taco did now of the above and was a detriment to the locker room and team.

There’s no hypocrisy involved. If I played for any franchise I would want it to be ours. They have your back if you’re giving it your all.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
A talented player who costs nothing and isn’t taking a spot on the 53 doesn’t compare to Taco. Gregory produces while on the field and Taco largely did not.

Am I fed up with Gregory! Hell yes! But he isn’t costing the team anything right now. We basically have exclusive rights on the best stoner in football history.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
A talented player who costs nothing and isn’t taking a spot on the 53 doesn’t compare to Taco. Gregory produces while on the field and Taco largely did not.

Am I fed up with Gregory! Hell yes! But he isn’t costing the team anything right now. We basically have exclusive rights on the best stoner in football history.

Taco when given snaps got pressure.

Pass2Run

Reaction score

Thing is, he's just as good of a player being a stoner or not a stoner.

It literally has no impact on your athleticism. And I guarantee there are hundreds of NFL players playing today who smoke..

By now, they have figured out you can buy a synthetic urine kit to pass the test for about $40.00..

If someone is watching Gregory give his urine for testing, he could always just drink so much water it dilutes it. The tests measure parts per million.. so you dilute the sample. Easy. Such a piece of cake....

I mean, he has to be really intellectually lazy and getting some really bad information to not be able to pass these tests.

I can pass a supervised or unsupervised test like it's nothing..

It's just silly, really, Randy.

Even sillier is the fact the league tests him for this at all.

Imagine this team with Gregory, DLaw and Quinn..

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Thing is, he's just as good of a player being a stoner or not a stoner.

It literally has no impact on your athleticism. And I guarantee there are hundreds of NFL players playing today who smoke..

By now, they have figured out you can buy a synthetic urine kit to pass the test for about $40.00..

If someone is watching Gregory give his urine for testing, he could always just drink so much water it dilutes it. The tests measure parts per million.. so you dilute the sample. Easy. Such a piece of cake....

I mean, he has to be really intellectually lazy and getting some really bad information to not be able to pass these tests.

I can pass a supervised or unsupervised test like it's nothing..

It's just silly, really, Randy.

Even sillier is the fact the league tests him for this at all.

Imagine this team with Gregory, DLaw and Quinn..

Hey I partake, look at my handle. So I’m fine with Gregory smoking to an extent. A serious weed habit will certainly deter an athlete from achieving his best however, so I disagree that he is as good as he can be.

glimmerman

Reaction score
my son also faces severe mental health. Got diagnosed 8 years ago at age 1 and I been there every step of the way to help him improve. Im probably goin to be taking care of him his whole life or my whole life. So trust me when I stand by my statement. And trust that I’m not being dismissive about his mental health issues. I know ppl with actual conditions where marijuana actually can help them. We haven’t heard anything official about Gregory’s supposed mental health condition. Just that he had one which seeds helps circumvent
Just make sure he is as happy as he can be...

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yes they like Gregory but space on the roster is at a premium and he can't suit up for you.
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:You just wait and see. When the league finally reinstates Gregory, The FO will make room for him on the 53 and he will be playing in games as soon as they can get him game ready.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:You just wait and see. When the league finally reinstates Gregory, The FO will make room for him on the 53 and he will be playing in games as soon as they can get him game ready.

That's not my point. My point was if he had to have been taking up a spot all these years he would have been cut. You think the Cowboys would have kept him on the roster when he missed a full season?

HungryLion

Reaction score
1. Randy Gregory is not on the roster. He does not count against the 53 man limit while suspended.

2. Randy is a way more talented player than Taco. It’s not even really close physical talent wise. If Taco did have Gregory’s natural talent, than Taco would still be on the roster, despite his attitude.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Gregory is victim of an addiction due to anxiety, a good guy and gives max effort. Taco did now of the above and was a detriment to the locker room and team.

There’s no hypocrisy involved. If I played for any franchise I would want it to be ours. They have your back if you’re giving it your all.

:clap:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That's not my point. My point was if he had to have been taking up a spot all these years he would have been cut. You think the Cowboys would have kept him on the roster when he missed a full season?
Do you not understand he's on the Reserved/Suspended list? You keep saying these "ifs" as if it means something. He's not being cut.