I’m searching for a player to root for on this team

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I actually enjoy routing for every one of the cowboys.
I see so many fans here decide to hate Dak, Zeke, Cooper, Witten, LVE, Jaylon, Tyron Smith ect....

This is just fans who are upset because they are not getting the results with the team they want so they need fingers to point and people to blame and hate.

This is one of the ugly sides of human nature. People feel powerless and emotional over things they have no control over so they find people to vilify.

It's a shame actually. If you went into almost any locker room in the NFL and actually sat down and enjoyed a meal with these guys you may feel differently.

My advice.... enjoy the ride. We don't know how many more we will get. This is just entertainment and its much more enjoyable if you don't take a hard cynical view on the players,

You forgot Jerry. Agreed though. I see this as entertainment as well. If your life is filled with family, friends, work, and miscellaneous, supporting a winning team is gravy on top of those and your other leisure. The thing about life is you aren't promised or entitled to constant gravy and sometimes have to go without. But when the gravy is more important than the main meal (or because your main meal sucks), frustration can't help but be on the surface a lot of the time. That's where you see people with a need for the team to do well, almost as if their self-worth depended on it. That's where the conspiracy theories get birthed because people like that dang sure aren't going to admit they support a loser so there must be "forces" at work that make it so.
[/psychoanalysis]

blueblood70

Reaction score
After a disappointing season and for a while now I have been looking for a player to hang my hat on .

Tired of just rooting for the laundry looking for a real football player to get behind and root for Sure I like Dak and Big Fred . We have players that put up numbers but I see no substance and have not for a while now .
We used to have players that were larger than life that impacted the team and the league, that struck fear in opponents . We have a good Oline but none of the could carry Larry Allens jock

Emmitt and Irvin . Roger , Tony Dorsett , the Manster , Haley , Bob Hayes Bob Lilly Drew Pearson

I compare Captain America throwing to The Fastest Man in the World to Troy throwing to Micheal Irvin then Dak to Im going to tap out or drop the ball at the worst time Cooper or Gallup .

Witten looked like Jackie Smith against the Eagles .

Other than Dak and Jeff Heath these guys just seem SOFT and hard to like , Is it just me or dose anyone else have this feeling
its against he grain around here but im still a fan of our homegrown players especially Zeke , old crew witten and Lee, up and comers in Gallup and LVE on my list..no reason to not be fan of them because they arent like they used to be.. btw the laundry aka the Star of the sliver and blue is nothing to scoff at..its the #1 thing to root for , picking faves is subjective and a personal thing.. TEAM is a FAN thing and should be the thing you root for first IMHO....

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
Not a single person on this team has ever won squat. No attachment without winning. Worse, is that many of these players carry themselves, and act, as though they have. Giving themselves stupid nicknames, preening and celebrating without justification, outrageous contract demands, etc, despite coming up short in every important moment...or regularly getting embarrassed and punked by opponents. It truly is a wholly unlikable bunch ATM.

New coach, new hope, I suppose, but I'm skeptical.

Blackrain

Reaction score
If you named all the players on this team who are supposed to be the stars not one of them is a guy who shows up every game.
Thats true just when you think you can get excited about one they disappoint you big time . Was very upbeat about Gallup then he dropped that TD in his hands in the Eagles game and it took all the wind out of my sails

Blackrain

Reaction score
its against he grain around here but im still a fan of our homegrown players especially Zeke , old crew witten and Lee, up and comers in Gallup and LVE on my list..no reason to not be fan of them because they arent like they used to be.. btw the laundry aka the Star of the sliver and blue is nothing to scoff at..its the #1 thing to root for , picking faves is subjective and a personal thing.. TEAM is a FAN thing and should be the thing you root for first IMHO....
Zeke makes me feel like Duane Thomas not on the plane with Emmitt or Tony Dorsett Lee has been very good at times but just cant stay healthy enough to be consistent

Blackrain

Reaction score
Not a single person on this team has ever won squat. No attachment without winning. Worse, is that many of these players carry themselves, and act, as though they have. Giving themselves stupid nicknames, preening and celebrating without justification, outrageous contract demands, etc, despite coming up short in every important moment...or regularly getting embarrassed and punked by opponents. It truly is a wholly unlikable bunch ATM.

New coach, new hope, I suppose, but I'm skeptical.

Couldnt have said it better Stupid Nicknames Preening and celebrating without JUSTIFICATION !!! while getting embarrassed and punked by opponents . Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth especially when you have seen really good Cowboy football

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It's funny seeing people talk about how they hate current players for superficial reasons and talk fondly about drug addicts, rapists, drug dealers, perverts, pedophiles,people who did drugs on the sidelines ...... All in front of disciplinarians like Jimmy Johnson and Tom Landry.

Makes me giggle

Blackrain

Reaction score
you make a good point, but that was all under JG, lets see what they look like this coming season
with different coaching.
Also winning makes a difference.
Im hoping this new coaching staff leads to a change in culture and some accountability to turn this soft team around . Just didnt see anyone other than Dak and Heath giving it their all at the end with the playoffs on the line

Blackrain

Reaction score
I'm with you OP. I'll always root for the star, of course, but there's no favorite player.

I soured on Zeke with his shenanigans over the summer. Dak is trying to hold the team hostage to become the highest paid quarterback after another 8-8 season. Cooper disappears for entire games. Witten is past his prime, even if he returns.

On defense, I bought a Jaylon color rush jersey, but he's all talk. I like Vander Esch but let's see if his body holds up, reminds me of Dat Nguyen. DLaw is another one who runs his mouth but doesn't show up on the field.

Sorry guys, before you come at me, I'm not hating on our team. I'll be there at the stadium cheering for all of them. I'm just not a passionate fan of any of them individually; not like I was about Michael Irvin and his passion, Dez Bryant, or silent leaders like Troy Aikman and Jay Novacek.

If we draft a quarterback, maybe I'll roll with him. :)

Excellent totally agree will always love the team but this soft, satisfied to lose ,no sense of urgency group dose not give me passion for any of them individually

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
just root for this guy:

3.gif

Blackrain

Reaction score
I do like Tony Pollard a lot. And also Gallup.

On defense its really hard. I would go with the underdog and to me thats Jordan Lewis.

But when i watch D-HotBuzz-Lawrence or J.Smith play i feel the need to puke in front of my TV. Well, i can live with a CB making business decissions on the field but a LB ?

You called that On defense it next to impossible . How dose our promising LB tandem go to complete crap over night . How dose the once proud DoomsDay Defense get turned into the showboating Hot Boys

InTheZone

Reaction score
Sorry but I have no problem rooting for every single guy on this team.
I don't think most people have this issue. It's more of deeper appreciation for certain players, ones that make the game feel special and a reason to be proud to be a fan of the Cowboys. There's several other big reasons, but this one is a big reason why I don't care to play madden after being a yearly fan for over 15 years and on and off for another several years before that. Even when we sucked in those 5-11 years I enjoyed playing

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Other than Lawrence I can root for this roster. Even the worthless ones (Crawford, Heath, Awuzie) are likeable

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke makes me feel like Duane Thomas not on the plane with Emmitt or Tony Dorsett Lee has been very good at times but just cant stay healthy enough to be consistent
my point is that who I choose to root for..now you go and try and convince me otherwise..take alook at ES career..a real close look, hes a volume back, not a lot of big splash plays his career YPC AVG most years were below 5, only one maybe 2 were 5.. many were below 4.5, MANY.. Smiths YPC and lack of big plays is the knock on EE,,Zekes as close to ES as there is as far as they can play 3 downs, block, catch, and because you can hand it to them 30 times a game and they play all 16 games..somehow people here lose sight of HOF PLayer ES as they knock Zeke you might as well be ripping Emmitt smith and thats holy ground.. if EE make it 10plus years and wants the record, he could do it the same way Gore has inched closer and closer to it..its called longevity and having a team willing to hand it to you A LOT..

I choose to be a big fan of Zekes and no one can take that away..:)) that my point root for who you want I choose my players..

CowboyFanInLexKy

Reaction score
I'm that way with this current group of Cowboys.. I'm not really a big fan of any of them..

My favorite player on the team is Vander Esch.

The rest of the guys like Zeke i'm just cheering for because of the laundry they wear.

Dak used to be easy to cheer for but now that he is going to drastically decrease our odds of winning a Superbowl i'm not as big of a fan.

I like Gallup too I guess... Pollard as well..

I totally agree but be careful. Some might consider you a hater for that comment... LOL