I’m searching for a player to root for on this team

Blackrain

Reaction score
my point is that who I choose to root for..now you go and try and convince me otherwise..take alook at ES career..a real close look, hes a volume back, not a lot of big splash plays his career YPC AVG most years were below 5, only one maybe 2 were 5.. many were below 4.5, MANY.. Smiths YPC and lack of big plays is the knock on EE,,Zekes as close to ES as there is as far as they can play 3 downs, block, catch, and because you can hand it to them 30 times a game and they play all 16 games..somehow people here lose sight of HOF PLayer ES as they knock Zeke you might as well be ripping Emmitt smith and thats holy ground.. if EE make it 10plus years and wants the record, he could do it the same way Gore has inched closer and closer to it..its called longevity and having a team willing to hand it to you A LOT..

I choose to be a big fan of Zekes and no one can take that away..:)) that my point root for who you want I choose my players..

Im glad you are a big fan of Zekes he is just not some one I can get that excited about . I am not trying to convince you otherwise just stating why Im not bold over with him Emmitt was a good player on and off the field . He never tapped out , he played so hurt against the Giants it was a true testament to his pain threshold and commitment to the team . He had a long career . Do you feel Zeke will take care of his body and have that type of career . I hope I am wrong but Zeke seems like more of a party guy to me . If he makes 10 yrs in this league I will be very surprised.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Im glad you are a big fan of Zekes he is just not some one I can get that excited about . I am not trying to convince you otherwise just stating why Im not bold over with him Emmitt was a good player on and off the field . He never tapped out , he played so hurt against the Giants it was a true testament to his pain threshold and commitment to the team . He had a long career . Do you feel Zeke will take care of his body and have that type of career . I hope I am wrong but Zeke seems like more of a party guy to me . If he makes 10 yrs in this league I will be very surprised.
dude again here we go dont talk bs stats.,.. Zeke only tapped out occasionally because get this he plays so much and coaches dont pull him, he pulls himself, hes carried the ball more then any pother back since 2016 and carried it 300 times to Henry's 303 this season, not sure he can carry it so much more given hes in on blocking downs, passing downs, and he carried it A LOT. such crap since he held out got paid now tv shows a tap out here and there after a big hit, long drive etc.. FACTS he carries it as much or more then any other backs in the league, hence doesnt come out much..

he also plays hurt ive seen him limping and keep playing all game, he hasn't missed one game due to injury, you dont think hes banged up or hurt, ever? yes he is hes plays through it.. hes soft because you CHOOSE to see hi that way, hes a throwback , he can play in any era, dude looks for contact.. be blind, zekes a superstar and wears the Star, ill be fan of his..

you not liking his off field stuff is fine but its not like Jimmys teams ala the Whitehouse, Irving, issues all over.. you dont think NYG HOF LB Lawerence was some kind of saint? Sports are full of normal people , means some of them dont sit at home and hide, they are social. go out, hes young has money and occasionally goes out and most notably in the OFF season..

Blackrain

Reaction score
I understand what you are saying. When I was growing up in the '70s, I saw many of the Cowboys players like superheroes. Certainly, Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett were that for me. Then the '90s came and despite being an adult, that feeling happened again with the triplets. since that time I've lost that joy for specific players. The Cowboys are still my team but there is no individual that I root for. It's like B.B. King said, "the thrill is gone".

I hear you players like Roger and Tony Dorsett were NFL Gods but even the non skill players were guys you could look up to Cliff Harris Charlie Waters , Mel Renfro how about Bill Bates and Eric Williams How couldnt you like a guy who could battle Reggie White toe to toe
Now heck we have to watch crap like Sean Lee get his clock cleaned by a WR . I did like Marion Barber that guy could bring it . Wish he lasted longer .

Whyjerry

Reaction score
After a disappointing season and for a while now I have been looking for a player to hang my hat on .

Tired of just rooting for the laundry looking for a real football player to get behind and root for Sure I like Dak and Big Fred . We have players that put up numbers but I see no substance and have not for a while now .
We used to have players that were larger than life that impacted the team and the league, that struck fear in opponents . We have a good Oline but none of the could carry Larry Allens jock

Emmitt and Irvin . Roger , Tony Dorsett , the Manster , Haley , Bob Hayes Bob Lilly Drew Pearson

I compare Captain America throwing to The Fastest Man in the World to Troy throwing to Micheal Irvin then Dak to Im going to tap out or drop the ball at the worst time Cooper or Gallup .

Witten looked like Jackie Smith against the Eagles .

Other than Dak and Jeff Heath these guys just seem SOFT and hard to like , Is it just me or dose anyone else have this feeling

This is a great post. The stars are very unlikable. Smith, Lawrence, Zeke...

I like the OL. You can get behind Dak. There are guys here. I think it is tough because so many of the stars are idiots.

Blackrain

Reaction score
dude again here we go dont talk bs stats.,.. Zeke only tapped out occasionally because get this he plays so much and coaches dont pull him, he pulls himself, hes carried the ball more then any pother back since 2016 and carried it 300 times to Henry's 303 this season, not sure he can carry it so much more given hes in on blocking downs, passing downs, and he carried it A LOT. such crap since he held out got paid now tv shows a tap out here and there after a big hit, long drive etc.. FACTS he carries it as much or more then any other backs in the league, hence doesnt come out much..

he also plays hurt ive seen him limping and keep playing all game, he hasn't missed one game due to injury, you dont think hes banged up or hurt, ever? yes he is hes plays through it.. hes soft because you CHOOSE to see hi that way, hes a throwback , he can play in any era, dude looks for contact.. be blind, zekes a superstar and wears the Star, ill be fan of his..

you not liking his off field stuff is fine but its not like Jimmys teams ala the Whitehouse, Irving, issues all over.. you dont think NYG HOF LB Lawerence was some kind of saint? Sports are full of normal people , means some of them dont sit at home and hide, they are social. go out, hes young has money and occasionally goes out and most notably in the OFF season..

Hes soft because Im old enough to have watched what hard looks like . AND THEY DONT TAP OUT !!

Heck OJ Simpson would have 30 more carries in a 14 game season and he didnt have to tap out

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
To the OP, maybe you shouldn't.

I have not personally "rooted" for a player on an individual basis since I was a kid.

I have had periods of pride in terms of individual accomplishments but since I breached pubescence, that tendency gradually drifted away.

In today's game, it makes little sense to invest emotional capital on players.

Last edited:

Tussinman

Reaction score
Tyron and Martin are going to make 1st team all-decade when the list comes out this summer. Those are 2 HOF franchise players worth rooting for

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
After a disappointing season and for a while now I have been looking for a player to hang my hat on .

Tired of just rooting for the laundry looking for a real football player to get behind and root for Sure I like Dak and Big Fred . We have players that put up numbers but I see no substance and have not for a while now .
We used to have players that were larger than life that impacted the team and the league, that struck fear in opponents . We have a good Oline but none of the could carry Larry Allens jock

Emmitt and Irvin . Roger , Tony Dorsett , the Manster , Haley , Bob Hayes Bob Lilly Drew Pearson

I compare Captain America throwing to The Fastest Man in the World to Troy throwing to Micheal Irvin then Dak to Im going to tap out or drop the ball at the worst time Cooper or Gallup .

Witten looked like Jackie Smith against the Eagles .

Other than Dak and Jeff Heath these guys just seem SOFT and hard to like , Is it just me or dose anyone else have this feeling
Byron Jones! Underpaid, under appreciated and under a bad FO.

Alexander

Reaction score
Root for Jaylon......he swipes a lot!
O19uuwm.gif

Tussinman

Reaction score
Byron Jones! Underpaid, under appreciated and under a bad FO.
What's crazy is him being this desired by other teams all while playing in an outdated scheme, playing the wrong position for 2 years, and having lack of interior pass rush

Front office basically set him up to fail and he's still about to sign a large contract

Blackrain

Reaction score
To the OP, maybe you shouldn't.

I have not personally "rooted" for a player on an individual basis since I was a kid.

I have had periods of pride in terms of individual accomplishments but since I breached pubescence, that tendency gradually drifted away.

In today's game, it makes little sense to invest emotional capital on players.

I can still get excited about a good hardnosed football player that can impact the game and make it interesting . I guess I am still to much of a fan . Heck theirs a lot of stuff that gradually drifts away after breaching puberty but Im not in any hurry for all that to happen yet . Whats the song say growing up sounds like dying and dying dont sound like too much fun

Alexander

Reaction score
I can still get excited about a good hardnosed football player that can impact the game and make it interesting . I guess I am still to much of a fan . Heck theirs a lot of stuff that gradually drifts away after breaching puberty but Im not in any hurry for all that to happen yet . Whats the song say growing up sounds like dying and dying dont sound like too much fun
I hear what you are saying but the game has changed so much. It has for me being a fan who when growing up basically had players that were tied to a team for life.

I just can't relate to how a fan can attach themselves to transient talent and even "root" for them when they leave.

I root for the laundry. Always.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I hear what you are saying but the game has changed so much. It has for me being a fan who when growing up basically had players that were tied to a team for life.

I just can't relate to how a fan can attach themselves to transient talent and even "root" for them when they leave.

I root for the laundry. Always.
Agreed your favorite player could be snatched in FA in this day and age

RS12

Reaction score
How can you not root for future HOFer Zack Martin?

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
I like the OL, Zeke, Gallup, LVE, Lee, and Heath. I don't hate Dak but I also don't think he's a franchise QB.

InTheZone

Reaction score

Bingo. Too many people look at Zeke in this manner though, it's a shame.