I’m searching for a player to root for on this team

blueblood70

Reaction score
Hes soft because Im old enough to have watched what hard looks like . AND THEY DONT TAP OUT !!

Heck OJ Simpson would have 30 more carries in a 14 game season and he didnt have to tap out
you have a blind view and thats why you cant find a player to support.. Zeke is As TOUGH AS THEY COME..

DO YOU FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND THE COACHES ARE NOT PULLING EE, HE PULLS HIMSELF WHEN NEEDED AND PLAYS MORE THEN JUST ABOUT EVERY RB IN THE NFL SINCE HIS ROOKIE YEAR? MORE CARRIES, MORE BLOCKING ASSIGNMENTS, STAYS IN ON PASSING DOWNS ETC ETC..

other teams rotate backs out sometimes 3 RBBC type but typically two and have packages where they are not in, zekes in on 80% of our offensive plays and never missed a game do to injury.. tap out is a fan based narrative that was created due to his contract, he rotates himself in and out a lot less then a coach would, they call them packages , hes in on most of them.. People cry for more pollard , why? because zekes on the field A LOT.. you cant have it both ways/....you sir are blind if you cant see this but hey a jaded fan who can find no payer to root for, its not surprising..

I feel sad for you being so negative and jaded.. good luck , go play FF because thats where your mindset is..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
After a disappointing season and for a while now I have been looking for a player to hang my hat on .

Tired of just rooting for the laundry looking for a real football player to get behind and root for Sure I like Dak and Big Fred . We have players that put up numbers but I see no substance and have not for a while now .
We used to have players that were larger than life that impacted the team and the league, that struck fear in opponents . We have a good Oline but none of the could carry Larry Allens jock

Emmitt and Irvin . Roger , Tony Dorsett , the Manster , Haley , Bob Hayes Bob Lilly Drew Pearson

I compare Captain America throwing to The Fastest Man in the World to Troy throwing to Micheal Irvin then Dak to Im going to tap out or drop the ball at the worst time Cooper or Gallup .

Witten looked like Jackie Smith against the Eagles .

Other than Dak and Jeff Heath these guys just seem SOFT and hard to like , Is it just me or dose anyone else have this feeling
Wolf Hunter is easily my fav story now to pull for.

I think his career is hanging by a thread.

And I hope he plays at least 10 years.

We will see.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Im hoping this new coaching staff leads to a change in culture and some accountability to turn this soft team around . Just didnt see anyone other than Dak and Heath giving it their all at the end with the playoffs on the line
after 10 years of JG led teams, you will see a big difference this coming season.
I am still in shock JG is gone, and we got a decent HC. Even mike is different, the year off did him some good.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After a disappointing season and for a while now I have been looking for a player to hang my hat on .

Tired of just rooting for the laundry looking for a real football player to get behind and root for Sure I like Dak and Big Fred . We have players that put up numbers but I see no substance and have not for a while now .
We used to have players that were larger than life that impacted the team and the league, that struck fear in opponents . We have a good Oline but none of the could carry Larry Allens jock

Emmitt and Irvin . Roger , Tony Dorsett , the Manster , Haley , Bob Hayes Bob Lilly Drew Pearson

I compare Captain America throwing to The Fastest Man in the World to Troy throwing to Micheal Irvin then Dak to Im going to tap out or drop the ball at the worst time Cooper or Gallup .

Other than Dak and Jeff Heath these guys just seem SOFT and hard to like , Is it just me or dose anyone else have this feeling
I root for the team. Players come and go.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am rooting for Lawrence...…..to just shut the hell up and earn his money.

My sentimental favorite is Jarwin, talk about a guy getting blindsided. He thinks he finally has a shot and Booger and Garrett fix that. He did the most with the opportunities he's had and deserves a shot at proving he can be a playmaker in this offense. If they re-sign him, it looks pretty good because they'd be nuts to spend a pick on a TE in the first 3 rounds. If they keep Cooper and Cobb, as they've mentioned, add Gallup, Elliott and Pollard to the arsenal and there's still only one ball to go around. This offense isn't going to feature a TE.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score

Zach Martin is that one guy but he plays guard....

Blackrain

Reaction score
you have a blind view and thats why you cant find a player to support.. Zeke is As TOUGH AS THEY COME..

DO YOU FIND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND THE COACHES ARE NOT PULLING EE, HE PULLS HIMSELF WHEN NEEDED AND PLAYS MORE THEN JUST ABOUT EVERY RB IN THE NFL SINCE HIS ROOKIE YEAR? MORE CARRIES, MORE BLOCKING ASSIGNMENTS, STAYS IN ON PASSING DOWNS ETC ETC..

other teams rotate backs out sometimes 3 RBBC type but typically two and have packages where they are not in, zekes in on 80% of our offensive plays and never missed a game do to injury.. tap out is a fan based narrative that was created due to his contract, he rotates himself in and out a lot less then a coach would, they call them packages , hes in on most of them.. People cry for more pollard , why? because zekes on the field A LOT.. you cant have it both ways/....you sir are blind if you cant see this but hey a jaded fan who can find no payer to root for, its not surprising..

I feel sad for you being so negative and jaded.. good luck , go play FF because thats where your mindset is..

Zekes a kitty Kat Jim Brown , Eric Dickerson , OJ Simpson all carried more load than Zeke and didnt tap out . Dickerson had over 400 attempts one year . Dont feel sad for me I watched great players when football was a mans game not this chicken spit bunch of showboats . we watch now FEED ME !!!!! Feed ME !!! try staying in the game better yet dont get suspended and let your team down .

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zekes a kitty Kat Jim Brown , Eric Dickerson , OJ Simpson all carried more load than Zeke and didnt tap out . Dickerson had over 400 attempts one year . Dont feel sad for me I watched great players when football was a mans game not this chicken spit bunch of showboats . we watch now FEED ME !!!!! Feed ME !!! try staying in the game better yet dont get suspended and let your team down .
then go to the mma ripping zeke for being part of the new football era HE GREW UP in is not his fault..its YOUR issue , if you dont like todays NFL, you can move on and maybe watch Rugby maybe BDSM is a sport..lmao...

todays NFL is full of todays NFL players and regardless what you think, Zeke is tough by todays standards..BTW who give a flying f how many carries he doesnt get compared to someone in the 70s/80s? in todays game zekes plays more then any other back, period, its why he got paid, he can carry a load as much as you put on him and stay upright..

hes not tapping out! give it up, he simply self subbing vs a coach subbing , you dont have to understand hes never pulled , so he pulls himself A LOT LESS THAN A COACH would in the 2-3 RBBC NFL..he hardly leaves the field, be a hater BLACKY ie Black rain thats your personality for sure, dark..

Back in my day...…. blah blah blah.. we dont have time machines.. players back in the day played 14 games now they play 16 on the verge of 17-18 ..its the way it is

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score

Not really. I don’t think it’s the Cowboys in particular, but more like most players are different these days.

I like Fredbeard, Dak, Tyron Smith, Witten, Heath, Sean Lee, LVE...

garyo1954

Reaction score
Ima root for the #1 Cowboy.
Poor guy gets no R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

The guy in the tie.....the incompetent, often imitated, never appreciated, man with the plan, the man who gave us process to cover the regress....

Jerry "The A$$hole" Jones!

cowboyec

Reaction score
for me...Tyron,Zack,Frederick and Collins.
Dak.
Zeke.
Pollard.
COOOOOOOOP.
Gallup.
Witt.
Jarwin.

DLaw.
Quinn.
Collins.
LVE.
Jaylon.