I’m still burned up about the SF game. Is this normal?

Flamma

Reaction score
Folks I’m 33 I’ve never really seen a SuperBowl. Usually each year my buddy and I go to the home opener wherever it may be and this is the first year in awhile I said no thanks I’m just going to watch from home. I’ve reached that point for the first time in my fandom where they need to show me before I spend, especially with how pricey things are anymore. I know I’m not the only one whose frustrated, but not even the Dez Caught It game had those feelings lingering as long as our last loss for me (maybe because we got screwed that game and this time we screwed ourselves). I’m looking forward to the season but I just can’t hand over my credit card till I see something different

I understand your basic point, but don't rue the 49ers game. That game was not in question. We were the 6th best team in the NFC. That Dez non catch loss was much worse. We were every bit as good or better than the Packers. An untimely fumble and a bad call on that catch cost us the game. I never thought we were beating the 49ers. But Garoppolo did us a solid by keeping us in it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Folks I’m 33 I’ve never really seen a SuperBowl. Usually each year my buddy and I go to the home opener wherever it may be and this is the first year in awhile I said no thanks I’m just going to watch from home. I’ve reached that point for the first time in my fandom where they need to show me before I spend, especially with how pricey things are anymore. I know I’m not the only one whose frustrated, but not even the Dez Caught It game had those feelings lingering as long as our last loss for me (maybe because we got screwed that game and this time we screwed ourselves). I’m looking forward to the season but I just can’t hand over my credit card till I see something different
Many are starting to feel this way.
I and others have felt this way for awhile.
Until the Front office prioritizes winning over entertainment, fans will continue to lose interest.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score

It’s a normal feeling that you will continue to have in those years the cowboys have a decent regular season and falter in the playoffs

75boyz

Reaction score
A LOT of things lined up the right way for the team to do better than they ended up doing.

Things that fell their way last year can not be easily repeated. Just another in the long list of recent playoff one and done disappointments.

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I lost interest in this team forever ago, I just see it as entertainment now... kinda like wrestling.
We were a competent QB from winning that game
Not entirely true... 14 penalties and bad coaching didnt help the situation.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't win if you don't score points.
In 3 Quarters of football, we had 7 pts vs the Niners and 13 vs the Packers.
Remember the team that scores the most points.....WINS!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
I'm not. Because a simple evaluation easily showed that we CANNOT STOP THE RUN.

I saw what I expected to see. This might be changing, hard to say. To change this facet that has been causing us to lose in the playoffs for a long long time, we'd have to get over the idea of filling the DLine w/ slim pass rushers who cannot anchor. Ridgeway and BO may be the start of this.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I understand your basic point, but don't rue the 49ers game. That game was not in question. We were the 6th best team in the NFC. That Dez non catch loss was much worse. We were every bit as good or better than the Packers. An untimely fumble and a bad call on that catch cost us the game. I never thought we were beating the 49ers. But Garoppolo did us a solid by keeping us in it.

You and the OP will eventually get out of D-Nile about that Dez no catch. If only there was more noise about the Megatron no catch they'd have changed that rule before 2014 happened.

CWR

Reaction score

Naw man, I feel the same. Too many years of false hope, followed by a passive off-season.

Make them prove it, for once.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I agree with your assessment. We had always been more physical than the 49ers until last year in the playoffs. It is how we lost being bullied by them in particular that was very disheartening. I am confident though that they won't do it again. I was pleased with the draft because there was an attempt to focus on the trenches.

We will see. For the last 26+ years— This team has consistently failed to play well in the postseason despite having some talented rosters and opportunities.

IMO— the issue is bigger than just what players are on the team and whether they are “tough” enough.

There are mindset, culture, and organizational issues that continue to hinder and undermine the effort to improve and compete.

Until those are addressed— it’s hard for me to see different results occurring. I fear we will be back here at this time next year, mourning another 1 and done playoff exit, and hoping a new HC will be able to deliver different results despite the same institutional issues again going unaddressed.

Hope springs eternal for the Jones boys— and they count on that hope generating support from the fanbase. But hope is neither a strategy or a plan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

how we ever trust this team again after that game? But the truth is SF was the better team.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Two of those undisciplined players are gone. And hopefully clock management isn't a problem anymore. Fingers crossed.

All those coaches are back though lol… hope they figure it out. MM did say that penalties were his #1 focus this offseason :rolleyes:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Not when I take a step back on realize we lost exactly how many "smart" football people predicted we would lose. If you remove what we did to the NFC East teams.....you get a TRUE analysis of our team. The 49ers were not even the best team in the NFC West...and a team from the NFC West won the Super Bowl. We were simply not good enough. The coach of the 49ers is better than McCarthy....and will ALWAYS be better than him. So we lost that matchup before the game even started. The 49ers were the more physical team....that was the case before the game...during the game....and they are still the more physical team. We had a ton of penalties in the game....we were an undisciplined team before the game...during the game...and we are bringing back the SAME head coach we had last year....so time will tell if we will be a more disciplined team going forward. They were better coached, more disciplined and more physical. Those things matter in the postseason when there is not a huge talent disparity on the teams. So I guess Dallas is banking on us getting better in those areas, because we will definitely NOT be as talented next year as we were this year.

The game to be bummed about is the 2007 playoff game versus the Giants. We were the better team. We had beaten them twice during the regular season. We were the best team in the entire NFC. We have homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. In fact, the Giants said after they won the Super Bowl that there toughest game during the playoffs was against us.

Proof

Reaction score

3-20 in 2016. Haven't recovered. Haven't been to a game or bought any merch since.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The 2014 playoff loss at Green Bay kind of broke me, so I get it.
But at least Dallas played well in the 2014, but just lost on some bad breaks (and refs?). Can't say the same about last year.
I have not been the same level of fan since then though.....and never will be.

Part of it is maturity the other is just a worn-down sports fan (goes for all sports, btw)