I’m still burned up about the SF game. Is this normal?

kskboys

Reaction score
Not to minimize what you said, but giving up 169 yards rushing was a pretty big reason. Yet again, and similar to our playoff game against the Rams, we bailed out their average QBs by letting them run the ball at will.
Out of all the issues we had, and there were several that contributed to the loss, not being able to stop the run is by far the biggest.

kskboys

Reaction score
C'mon. I'm as critical of Dak as anyone can reasonably be. But that loss is not because of our QB. Did the Packers lose because of Aaron Rodgers? The 49ers were a better team by far. They won even with their quarterback doing us a solid at the end. There was nothing Dak could do that Rodgers didn't do. The 49ers were simply the better team by far. This is coming from someone that wanted to move on from Dak.
His play was definitely part of the loss, just not the biggest part.

Flamma

Reaction score
Out of all the issues we had, and there were several that contributed to the loss, not being able to stop the run is by far the biggest.

It's a deal breaker. It amazes me how we are so ill prepared. Especially when we know it's coming!!!! Go back 2 years when we played the Ravens. They rushed for almost 300 yards against us. You know they're a run heavy team with an average passer. I just think our talent is overrated.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's a deal breaker. It amazes me how we are so ill prepared. Especially when we know it's coming!!!! Go back 2 years when we played the Ravens. They rushed for almost 300 yards against us. You know they're a run heavy team with an average passer. I just think our talent is overrated.
After the Rams game in 2018, we should've been drafting hosses up front. Instead, we reach mightily for a top heavy 3 tech in Trysten Hill. We pass and we pass and we pass on 1 techs, and lose in the playoffs because we can't stop the run.

Flamma

Reaction score
After the Rams game in 2018, we should've been drafting hosses up front. Instead, we reach mightily for a top heavy 3 tech in Trysten Hill. We pass and we pass and we pass on 1 techs, and lose in the playoffs because we can't stop the run.

These are bad losses too. My hope is that Gallimore and that diggy guy step it up. I saw some flash in Diggy last year. All we can do is hope. Otherwise we're going to deal with the same problem. In the playoffs they're going to try to run it down your throat first. If that works, you're done.

leeblair

Reaction score
Folks I’m 33 I’ve never really seen a SuperBowl. Usually each year my buddy and I go to the home opener wherever it may be and this is the first year in awhile I said no thanks I’m just going to watch from home. I’ve reached that point for the first time in my fandom where they need to show me before I spend, especially with how pricey things are anymore. I know I’m not the only one whose frustrated, but not even the Dez Caught It game had those feelings lingering as long as our last loss for me (maybe because we got screwed that game and this time we screwed ourselves). I’m looking forward to the season but I just can’t hand over my credit card till I see something different
These aren't the same Cowboys that made this franchise great. These players don't know what greatness is or how to achieve it.
They are salesmen, hoping to convince fans they are great or on the verge of it, but they have no one to teach them how to achieve it.
Welcome to the Jason Garrett founded Cowboys, where they specialize in excuses and pointing fingers.
The drafting and ensuing long term contract for Dak Prescott-who is Garrett 2.0- ensured that the Garrettocracy in place would remain for at least 5-7 more years.

Flamma

Reaction score
I liked Romo and I like Dak, even though I don't think he's as good as Romo. But this team fails to provide the necessary team around our QB to be successful.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I liked Romo and I like Dak, even though I don't think he's as good as Romo. But this team fails to provide the necessary team around our QB to be successful.

That is the worst part ......... for only a few times(because of injuries) since 2005 ............... we have had the best QB in the NFC East.

And what do we have to show for it? Not a damn thing because the ambiguously stupid duo of Jerry and Stephan cannot get their EGO's out of the teams way.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Folks I’m 33 I’ve never really seen a SuperBowl. Usually each year my buddy and I go to the home opener wherever it may be and this is the first year in awhile I said no thanks I’m just going to watch from home. I’ve reached that point for the first time in my fandom where they need to show me before I spend, especially with how pricey things are anymore. I know I’m not the only one whose frustrated, but not even the Dez Caught It game had those feelings lingering as long as our last loss for me (maybe because we got screwed that game and this time we screwed ourselves). I’m looking forward to the season but I just can’t hand over my credit card till I see something different
If you were a player, that mentality defines what coaches want.
- It's the difference in Mike Irvin and Amari Cooper.
- Irvin hated losing. Cooper has terrific talent, but it didn't really matter to him if the team won or lost.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm still lamenting the 1994 season NFC Championship game loss to the forty-whiners.
- The winner of the game was a lock to win the Super Bowl.

Hadenough

Reaction score
And Defense. It was both.
What burns me up though is Dak is getting paid to be a difference maker and the money allocated to the offense is way more than the defense. Right after the 49ers matched down the field on their opening drive. I said Dak better not go 3 and out. That's exactly what set the tone. Had Dak answered the call and moves the Cowboys down and scored maybe just maybe that shifts momentum and the defense has a little more grit to them and fights harder and maybe the coaches make adjustments. But Dak is getting paid to be that difference maker and inspire the team and players around him. Same thing happened against the Cardinals and the Broncos. The way this team is built the offense is supposed to help the defense.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What burns me up though is Dak is getting paid to be a difference maker and the money allocated to the offense is way more than the defense. Right after the 49ers matched down the field on their opening drive. I said Dak better not go 3 and out. That's exactly what set the tone. Had Dak answered the call and moves the Cowboys down and scored maybe just maybe that shifts momentum and the defense has a little more grit to them and fights harder and maybe the coaches make adjustments. But Dak is getting paid to be that difference maker and inspire the team and players around him. Same thing happened against the Cardinals and the Broncos. The way this team is built the offense is supposed to help the defense.

The only "Calls" Prescott answers are from his bankers......and concerning being a difference-maker only on the negative side of grid-iron for us!

kskboys

Reaction score
Yup. I mostly stay out of the Dak stuff since it always gets so stupid. But, Dak laid a big ol' egg in that game. Seriously, he should've apologized to everyone after that mess!!!

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Not to minimize what you said, but giving up 169 yards rushing was a pretty big reason. Yet again, and similar to our playoff game against the Rams, we bailed out their average QBs by letting them run the ball at will.
Pre snap penalties killed drives. The Gregory penalty was peak stupidity. The clock management especially late was peak peak stupidity.