I’m surprised it took that long for calls Eagles coach was flipping off the refs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but very classy by Hurts.....what a TOTAL tool Sirianni is.
Interesting that the QB has more class than the HC. But anyway you slice it, Sirianni is better than MM. Ill take the low class moves at times.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won’t take away their achievement this year. They had a great season.

As for his behavior, it’s the exact cliche of someone’s charm or style when winning, will be their downfall when losing. That act of his won’t be pretty if they start 2-7 next season.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Sirianni is a clown. He wears his emotions on his sleeve and at times is really immature. There was that scene in Indy where he ran up to the crowd to yell something (or yelled at Irsay).

But he adds spice to the rivalry. Now you really want to beat the Eagles just to see him whine.

You do wonder how much staying power a guy that just is so emotional all the time has.
Guys like that can lose the locker room in an instant when things do not go right. People tolerate stuff like that when things are humming along but a couple of so-so or bad seasons in a row he will be fired.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
The simple minded among us can only handle the extremes. A guy is either the greatest ever at his position or he is a useless bum. No in between in allowed. Clearly Hurst has become a good quarterback who has benefitted from intelligent coaching that features what he is good at and minimizes that which he is not. He also has benefitted from having some serious weapons at his disposal but it's stilly not to credit him for his part in that offense. He makes it what it is. I still think Dak is better.. but Hurts is on the come.. It will be interesting to see if he is able to continue his development as a passer so as not to have to rely so much on being a runner. Because as we all know, being a runner as a QB means not lasting very long..
Hurts knows he isn't an elite pocket passer and uses his legs. That's the difference...Dak thinks he is Dan Marino and can fit any ball into any window...after the ankle surgery he forgot how to run

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Siriani is your normal Philly Street Guy. Bulldog like when on top, then turns into wimpering pup when things aren’t going well.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
The simple minded among us can only handle the extremes. A guy is either the greatest ever at his position or he is a useless bum. No in between in allowed. Clearly Hurst has become a good quarterback who has benefitted from intelligent coaching that features what he is good at and minimizes that which he is not. He also has benefitted from having some serious weapons at his disposal but it's stilly not to credit him for his part in that offense. He makes it what it is. I still think Dak is better.. but Hurts is on the come.. It will be interesting to see if he is able to continue his development as a passer so as not to have to rely so much on being a runner. Because as we all know, being a runner as a QB means not lasting very long..
Clearly Hurst has become a good quarterback who has benefitted from intelligent coaching that features what he is good at and minimizes that which he is not. He also has benefitted from having some serious weapons at his disposal but it's stilly not to credit him for his part in that offense.

Nice summary.

Also that “ scrum” the birds have protected keeps drives alive . They have mastered how to get to short yardage on 3rd down, and if needed use that technique to push if necessary their QB over the line.

I’m surprised as low as the lineman get that the NFL doesn’t see the potential neck injuries that could occur from that.

This is from a South African study on the topic. Scary date if correct...

Results: The scrum phase accounted for 33% (n=20 of 60) of all catastrophic injuries between 2008 and 2012. Eighteen of the 20 scrum injuries (90%) were confirmed as acute spinal cord injuries, with 13 of these being permanent injuries

Sydla

Reaction score
Its his offense.
Well sure, he's the HC, he can dictate what offense they run. But Steichen calls most of the plays. And Roseman built the team.

I think Sirianni has had a real good start to his HC career, so I am not saying he's a bad coach.