I am eating crow

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm not a Dak lover or hater. I am a Garrett hater though. Jerrys about to waste Dak and Elliott and many others.Just like he wasted the players before them. I don't blame Dak. That would be like blaming Romo. You see what this team does on a regular basis. That is all on the front office decisions and coaching. This is a soft and clueless football team with Garrett and Jerry. That's the foundation here.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Maybe Dak has become too much of a celebrity QB. Too many endorsements, too much time out, not enough time in the film room and practice field. He keeps reverting back to bad habits and this can’t all be on the coach. He was awful in training camp and there hasn’t been talk of him working his tail off, but he has been seen out during the week.

I dont believe the celebrity has gotten to his head but I do wonder will he soon get dumped by dannon and others.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

I was wrong and alot of you were right.

I just dont know where this team goes from here.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

I had high Hopes for this season and was looking forward to good football.

As a fan I am exhausted.

Hey fella'...don't beat yourself up. The team failed, not you. We all tried to hang in there purely on the basis of being a fan.

No defense of the star...five sacks...leaving 10 points on the field in the first quarter...giving up 11 of 14 3rd down plays...pretty much defines inept.

Abandoning a running game after the first quarter....

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

I was wrong and alot of you were right.

I just dont know where this team goes from here.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

I had high Hopes for this season and was looking forward to good football.

As a fan I am exhausted.
I painfully agree. He might have succeeded with better coaching, but therein lies the rub. If he has to overachieve to be successful, he can get there some of the time, but not when it counts. Lots of good talent being wasted throughout the team due to schemes and coaching philosophy, not to mention the same tired refrain about the GM and ownership. I am disenchanted if not disgusted.

CapnCook

Reaction score
2016 built the smoke and mirrors. 2017 was huge cause for concern.

Now that we are, or at least should be, done with the Dak debate, can we start asking why this coaching staff didn't express the same apprehensions, and why the management team didn't have a contingency plan in place?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'm on the same boat as you. Don't know whether or not some other coaching staff can make better use of Dak or if he's just a one hit wonder. He might be good enough to be a back up on some teams. But, I'm giving up on him being the future of the Cowboys. I hope that the Cowboys can pick up a QB in the draft within the next couple of years.

But, in order for that QB's talents now to be wasted. Garrett has to go.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Agreed. Dak played wayyyy beyond himself in 2016. That season was so fun to watch, but in the long-term perspective, it set this organization back by half a decade because they bought the fools gold.

And now his teammates (even Zeke) have no faith in Dak being able to turn it around. It's obvious in their body language. No excitement for the game right now.

I wonder is this affecting Zeke and dak friendship? Zeke has just seemed disgusted at dak some games like he knows dak is bad.

I know there are players at positions that feel their effort is wasted because a mistake by dak. Esp the defense that continuously trot back onto the field too soon.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
He has potential to be a Top 15 QB under better coaches but with this clown show, he doesn’t have a chance....

CCBoy

Reaction score
You're talking to a guy who predicted 11-5 during the offseason. Now don'tcha feel just a little bit better?
;)

I see what you did, you predicted the 3rd downs successful by the Titans and then the Cowboys...

sean10mm

Reaction score
Part of the problem with all these discussions is that Cowboys fans can only see a quarterback as either a Hall of Famer hero, or a bum to pour all their hate into. They ultimately treated Don Meredith, Danny White and Tony Romo like Quincy Carter and Babe Laufenberg. The fact that they're talking about Dak as WORST IN THE LEAGUE is a symptom of that - he hasn't been good, but listening to fans gripe you'd never know that his passer rating has been sitting at the league average the last 2 seasons instead of in the cesspool with Nathan Peterman.

I've stuck up for Dak, but here's the thing: I've never seen him as elite. I saw him as a guy who could be GOOD (not All-Pro/MVP tier) with the proper scheme and coaching and a decent supporting cast. And shockingly, that's good enough to win games and even compete for titles.

Can he achieve that? I have no idea. The problem is there is no way to know because there is no evidence this staff can coach or call plays for ANY QB IN EXISTENCE, and for a while the Cowboys have had arguably the worst WR/TE corps in the NFL in 2017-2018. Had the Cowboys tried to call plays like the Alex Smith era Chiefs and stunk the place up, I'd just call him a bust and be done with it. But they've actually made the offense progressively stupider since 2016 if anything.