I am eating crow

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I refuse to get high during the offseason with this team. 20 years of fanatical support just doesn’t give me any reason to. They’re never put together two consecutive good(no great but good) seasons since I began supporting/watching them in 1998. only twice had back-to-back postseasons. Only once have they lived up to heightened expectation and that year (2007) they lost their first game in the divisional.

Parcells says you are what you record says you are. I take it further and say they are what their history says they are until they prove otherwise. I’m disappointed but not shocked.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

I was wrong and alot of you were right.

I just dont know where this team goes from here.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

I had high Hopes for this season and was looking forward to good football.

As a fan I am exhausted.
It's all good. It's like going to your first counseling session.
Step 1. Face the truth...
Congrats brother.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm eating crow too. Dak showed up early in his career that when the game was on the line, he was dependable. Specifically in the Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, and Green Bay games in 2016.

Adrian Clayborn broke this man, and he hasn't been the same since.
Whatever mojo he had going for him has gone. That, and the DCs have caught up to him and our predictable offensive schemes.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eating crow? For believing? Nonsense, you had more recent information than I did from his college days. The only difference was I found it hard to believe that he had changed from those two years at Miss St. when I watched the good SEC D's play him. But that does not mean I didn't want to believe it because we've seen that revolving door between Aikman and Romo with this brain trust. And quite a few here had not watched him in college.

And I tell ya, Soupy, I am not ready to throw the towel in on him that he can't be a good NFL QB with better coaching. What have they given him? Garrett, Linehan, Wilson and Moore. What did the Rams do when they saw their young QB struggling? They addressed the problem. If the brain trust believes he can be the guy, then they have to help him.

It is obvious to me that Linehan has little confidence in Dak until he has to lean on him. They throw the least amount on 1st down and are predictable and I don't think Dak has the chutzpah to go against the OC like Romo did and change the plays.

There are more problems on this team than QB and until the first real problem is addressed, coaching, the others will be much more difficult to fix.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I painfully agree. He might have succeeded with better coaching, but therein lies the rub. If he has to overachieve to be successful, he can get there some of the time, but not when it counts. Lots of good talent being wasted throughout the team due to schemes and coaching philosophy, not to mention the same tired refrain about the GM and ownership. I am disenchanted if not disgusted.
In retrospect, he has succeeded at times when the chips were down, but his limitations are coming through more often under pressure - indecisiveness and ball placement issues that haunted him in college. He has shown some promise but it disappears.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Eating crow? For believing? Nonsense, you had more recent information than I did from his college days. The only difference was I found it hard to believe that he had changed from those two years at Miss St. when I watched the good SEC D's play him. But that does not mean I didn't want to believe it because we've seen that revolving door between Aikman and Romo with this brain trust. And quite a few here had not watched him in college.

And I tell ya, Soupy, I am not ready to throw the towel in on him that he can't be a good NFL QB with better coaching. What have they given him? Garrett, Linehan, Wilson and Moore. What did the Rams do when they saw their young QB struggling? They addressed the problem. If the brain trust believes he can be the guy, then they have to help him.

It is obvious to me that Linehan has little confidence in Dak until he has to lean on him. They throw the least amount on 1st down and are predictable and I don't think Dak has the chutzpah to go against the OC like Romo did and change the plays.

There are more problems on this team than QB and until the first real problem is addressed, coaching, the others will be much more difficult to fix.
Agreed.

I am also willing to give dak another chance under a better supporting coaching staff.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
I will admit I was wrong about dak. I was a big supporter mainly because of his abilities shown in 2016.

I thought he would get over the slump and show those abilities again but he hasnt. I dont know what happen but he is now broken beyond repair.

A stubborn owner, long term bad coaching, years of emotionally invested into bad players.

As a fan I am exhausted.
It's ok doesn't matter how long it take you to get here. Welcome aboard the Titanic

boysfanindc

Reaction score
I am on the fence with Dak, I would like to see him with a innovative OC that uses his strengths before I leave the train completely, but I have one foot off.

glimmerman

Reaction score

As a fan I am exhausted.
The playcalling don’t help him and neither does the O-Line. But I don’t think he is the one.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I am on the fence with Dak, I would like to see him with a innovative OC that uses his strengths before I leave the train completely, but I have one foot off.

My thing is how does he get a coach when Jerry fails to realize that may be what he needs.

JayFord

Reaction score
Where I don’t disagree with you, I feel he does a lot of injustice on himself.

Throwing off his back foot, into double coverage? With a chance to go up two scores?

He’s the ONLY Qb in the NFL who consistently runs into the defense. The 4th down at the end?

There are receivers open ... he doesn’t read the field well.

With that being said, you can’t QB being behind the sticks every drive. How many times did Booger McFarland and Jason Witten beg them to throw the ball on first down?

Garrett, Linehan and Dak are all stale, outdated and need to be moved on from after this season.

Your right and ive been saying that since his rookie year he has no pocket awareness and these coaches still havent fixed it or attempted to fix it because its worse than what it was his rookie year

Staubacher

Reaction score

As a fan I am exhausted.
It sucks bro. Don't beat yourself up you were just being a fan. But welcome to Realville.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In retrospect, he has succeeded at times when the chips were down, but his limitations are coming through more often under pressure - indecisiveness and ball placement issues that haunted him in college. He has shown some promise but it disappears.
Yep, that's the same thing I'm seeing. That's the toughest job in sports and there are some really great D minds watching for every flaw in his game. Can better coaching help him with that? That would depend on the coaching but I watched the progress from Goff after he got a coach that understood his talent and he is also with a team that spends every waking hour trying to improve the team around their QB. The fact that they gave him that group of WR's and TE's shows just how inept they are.