I am going to keep bringing it up until it stops these Refs suck

romothesavior

Reaction score
The fumble was as close a call as it gets. There wasn't video evidence to overturn, and I think whatever the call was on the field would have stood no matter what the call was.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
How old are you?
Do you have a formal education?
Have you experienced differences of opinion in your personal, civic and professional life?
How do you know his refusal to review the play amounts to bias? Is there some manual that says that if a ref refuses to review a play that constitutes bias?
You're being irrational.
What I'm saying is what any rational person who understands how the world works would say. Only unsophisticated fans speak as you do.
Choosing not to review a play is not the standard of bias. It could be that the ref is so certain of the play, there's no need to review it.
Refs tend not to contradict another ref. That could be a dynamic too.
There are other reasons than your simple-minded conclusion of bias.
This post right here speaks for itself cowboys fans. this guy says the refs not reviewing the Dez catch in NY does not prove there is Bias going on. then what is it? every ref in the world would want to review that play. i have never seen anything like it. could have cost us the game and a shot at the playoffs.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
The fumble was as close a call as it gets. There wasn't video evidence to overturn, and I think whatever the call was on the field would have stood no matter what the call was.
How about that Wilcox pick in Philly? there was not enough evidence to overturn that, and the replay ref did. you can't have it both ways.

romothesavior

Reaction score
How about that Wilcox pick in Philly? there was not enough evidence to overturn that, and the replay ref did. you can't have it both ways.

The overturned call in Philly was the worst call I've ever seen. No argument there. Neither last night's play or the Philly play should have been overturned.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This post right here speaks for itself cowboys fans. this guy says the refs not reviewing the Dez catch in NY does not prove there is Bias going on. then what is it? every ref in the world would want to review that play. i have never seen anything like it. could have cost us the game and a shot at the playoffs.

Yes, my post does speak for itself. And so does yours.
It reveals your ignorance.
How do you know what every ref in the world would do?
Are you saying that since the NFL has employed replay, this is the first and only play that has never been reviewed?
And you say you haven't seen anything like it. Does this mean you've watched every single play in NFL history since instant replay was installed and no other play fits a similar scenario?

The more you post, the deeper you get into irrationality.

Again, it's one thing to be frustrated. That's understandable. I get frustrated by calls too.
But, it's another to accuse the refs of cheating or of being bias. You need proof.
And I'm sorry but in the world of sensibility, rationality and reality, few if any would consider simply not reviewing a play a sign of bias, especially when there are other, equally plausible reasons for not reviewing a particular play.

bsheeern

Reaction score
I started a thread couple years ago about how it seemed the more replay was added equated to worse officiating.

I like replay. There's No reason why it shouldn't be a part of the game. But on the other hand I really dislike bad officiating. And it's not just the Cowboys games.

The NFL has a serious issue on its hand. The quality of officiating has definitely deteriorated.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
The overturned call in Philly was the worst call I've ever seen. No argument there. Neither last night's play or the Philly play should have been overturned.
But one was and one was not. and both just happen to hurt the Cowboys. come on man, it's as clear as day.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Are you saying that since the NFL has employed replay, this is the first and only play that has never been reviewed?
And you say you haven't seen anything like it. Does this mean you've watched every single play in NFL history since instant replay was installed and no other play fits a similar scenario?

Again, it's one thing to be frustrated. That's understandable. I get frustrated by calls too.
But, it's another to accuse the refs of cheating or of being bias. You need proof.
And I'm sorry but in the world of sensibility, rationality and reality, few if any would consider simply not reviewing a play a sign of bias, especially when there are other, equally plausible reasons for not reviewing a particular play.
No the more i post about this, the more i expose what is going on. hold your head in the sand if you want, i don't really care. but i know the kind of BS crap i am seeing almost every week. and it is sickening to watch.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
No the more i post about this, the more i expose what is going on. hold your head in the sand if you want, i don't really care. but i know the kind of BS crap i am seeing almost every week. and it is sickening to watch.

Expose to whom? Cowboys fans who agree with you?
That's like a fool telling other fools that the smart man is actually the dumb one.
You're reaching a limited audience so your exposure is limited, if you can call it exposure.
Now, if you want to post on the NFL's website, that's exposure. But you'd probably be met by other football fans of other teams who would negate your voice by claiming you're a Cowboys homer.

And you DO care what I think. Otherwise, you wouldn't be compelled to repeatedly reply to my posts. I care about your opinion to the extent that I want to shine light on your erroneous take so others won't leave the confines of Cowboyszone, post such idiocy and get ridiculed as a result.

But if you want to complain after every bad call, knock yourself out. But if you want to complain about cheating and bias, well, some of us who understand what it takes to substantiate such a claim are going to call you on it.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
And it's not just the Cowboys games.

The NFL has a serious issue on its hand. The quality of officiating has definitely deteriorated.

This is it right here, I've noticed alot of bad calls all across the league this year

MartinRamone

Reaction score
I thought officiating was poorly called for both teams. I didn't think Chimdi Chewbacca interfered with Dez on our final drive. It also looked like a clear PI on Scandrick in the endzone on the Raiders final drive.

You didnt get the memo that we should whine about refs no matter what?

mugsybows

Reaction score
I was thinking, do you think we have garnered a reputation among officials of being a sloppy team and that's why we never get the benefit of the doubt. While other teams like the saints are the exact opposite and have a reputation of being a smart coached team and therefore get the benefit of the doubt.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It's a complaint of those who ...
1.) Are too biased themselves that they can't stomach to see a call go against their favorite team or
2.) Are very immature or unsophisticated and don't really understand the world outside of their on perspective.

Being bias against a particular team is cause for termination. These refs take this game seriously because it is their livelihood. If they were ever discovered favoring one team over another, they would be summarily dismissed as a ref.

Besides, they are also professionals. I am a little league baseball umpire. I was umping a game involving a team with a coach I liked against a team with coaches I disliked. I threatened to throw one of the coaches out of the game. Well, it was the bottom of the last inning and the team with the coaches I disliked had the bases loaded in a tie game. The ball gets hit to the pitch, and he throws it back to the catch right when the runner on third arrives at the base. I call the runner safe.

Of course, one side is happy, the other mad at the call. But I called it as I saw it. I didn't think, "I hate this team so I'm going to call the runner out." It was a split second decision. Besides, my integrity wouldn't allow me to call it any other way, even though, afterwards, I hate that that team won.

When you're involved in refereeing a game, you don't have time for bias. Do I always make the right calls? No. Sometimes, I call strikes balls and balls strikes. But there's no bias involved.

Fans don't realize how difficult it is being a referee. You're absorb in the game, trying to apply the rules. You don't have time to be thinking about, "I'm going to screw this team."

I'm not saying it's intentionally done. I'm saying it's done.
There are many strangely called plays as examples. You can believe as you pleae oryx

Not every sentence is always meant to be literally true.
By "every ref in the world"he may have meant that is a play that under the replay rules should clearly have been looked at again. That was a play similar to many other close call catch or non-catch plays that have routinely been replayed
They didn't look at it. That's odd.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You didnt get the memo that we should whine about refs no matter what?
Whining about calls and pointing out clearly bad calls are not the same IMO. Feel free to point out equally bad calls against other teams. Or explain why these weren't bad calls against us. Don't just whine about others conversing about calls.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Expose to whom? Cowboys fans who agree with you?
That's like a fool telling other fools that the smart man is actually the dumb one.
You're reaching a limited audience so your exposure is limited, if you can call it exposure.
Now, if you want to post on the NFL's website, that's exposure. But you'd probably be met by other football fans of other teams who would negate your voice by claiming you're a Cowboys homer.

And you DO care what I think. Otherwise, you wouldn't be compelled to repeatedly reply to my posts. I care about your opinion to the extent that I want to shine light on your erroneous take so others won't leave the confines of Cowboyszone, post such idiocy and get ridiculed as a result.

But if you want to complain after every bad call, knock yourself out. But if you want to complain about cheating and bias, well, some of us who understand what it takes to substantiate such a claim are going to call you on it.

Does he really have to substantiate the claim? I wasn't aware the internet police were enforcing that rule here.
Can you please substantiate how you know he cares what you say? I didn't think that was substantial enough.

I do think we get very bad calls. Oddly bad. Ones that are hard to explain. That's why the noble non whiners don't try. They just say its ridiculous to say there's a bias.
Americans team label bothers some. Possibly even some referees.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I don't know why. But how does that prove bias?
You have to know the ref's motive to substantiate bias. So, come on big guy, show me anything that suggests the ref was being bias? Any statement where he says, "I hate the Cowboys, and I'm going to screw them when I ref their games."

You may not like the call. You may not understand the call. But that doesn't make the call bias. Get frustrated all you want, but you have no evidence that the refs are out to get the Cowboys.

Bias, like beauty, is in the eyes of the beholder. And for every Cowboys fan claiming the refs are out to get Dallas, fans of other teams believe that the refs are out to benefit the Cowboys.

This beholder sees a bias. Semantics are a way to not defend the bad call accusations. I find people use this tactic when their arguments are poor.

Those who use the word bias must now put the word seemingly in front of it.
This will help others who take everything literally to get along with their day.
Hope this helps you out in the future.

w8lifter

Reaction score
Jerry must have did something to piss off the officials. It's not your imagination folks, the refs don't like us.

Jerry has done more than a few rebellious acts towards the NFL since he bought the Dallas Cowboys in 1989. The biggest reason may be brokers his own deals with vendors, (Pepsi, Ford, etc).

Years ago, Coke was the sole soft drink provider for the NFL. That meant no competitor products at any of the stadium games. Jerry chose to go against NFL rules and make Pepsi the sole soft drink provider of Texas Stadium. Then he did the same with Ford and several other large product or service providers.

Here is Sports Business News Daily from 1995:

''
"OUTLAW" JERRY JONES OFFERS PEPSI PLAN FOR WELFARE REFORM
Published August 4, 1995

"In definace" of the NFL, Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones
announced a 10-year contract worth more than $40M between Texas
Stadium and PepsiCo.....

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...NES-OFFERS-PEPSI-PLAN-FOR-WELFARE-REFORM.aspx

There is several other reasons Jerry Jones is not the NFL's favorite owner. So, that may be why the Cowboys seem to get treated differently.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
My opinion is if u are 8 yards deep in the end zone and are not Dwayne Harris u take a knee and start at the 20. Too many times I see someone bring it out and get tackled short of the 20, get a holding or block in the back penalty or fumble. Why is it so hard just to take a knee and start at the 20??

Exactly. It's the risk of getting a penalty and starting on your own 5 that's the biggest issue

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
IIRC, Jerry handles a lot of the merchandizing himself, ie, not going through the official NFL systems. He tends to opt out if he can, probably so he doesn't have to pay their overhead, or share with the leech owners.

Jerry is an exceptional owner for doing stuff like this. I've always thought that he was the best owner in the league. GM, not so much