I am sick of one side officiating

remdak

Reaction score
They are going to talk about the snap penalty at halftime on SNF.

Etchyboy

Reaction score
It would not surprise me if at some point this week the NFL quietly releases a statement and says the LP call was incorrect.

They just came out and said it was an INCORRECT call

nevermind i reread it.........

ClintDagger

Reaction score
The LP call was atrocious. But I don’t think the officiating as a whole is out to get us. I’m sure it all evens out. You only remember the ones that go against you and never the ones the go in your favor.

ESisback

Reaction score
Oh, so the missed open WR's, line play, QB fumbles, AP running all over us and playing didn't have anything to do with us loosing?

We made tons of mistakes, but if the officiating had been equitable, we STILL would have won, or at least gone to overtime. Just the preposterous, ticky tack penalty that moved us back five yards—that 15 feet made all the difference. Our holding calls were 99% legit. Too bad they miss calls on the opposition!

Kaiser

Reaction score
The LP call was atrocious. But I don’t think the officiating as a whole is out to get us. I’m sure it all evens out. You only remember the ones that go against you and never the ones the go in your favor.

I agree, but usually one team is up or down a call or two. This game was more than that and it really looked like they had different standards in how they called holding on each team's OL.

ESisback

Reaction score

You’re right, but what else can we call it? Don’t you see the missed calls on the opposition?

ESisback

Reaction score
Don't blame the ref's. That is embarrassing. The team is the problem. Not the refs!

The team has plenty of problems. I have a big long list—Dak’s inaccuracy, Fredbeard out, a Rook at LG, Tyron Smith’s bad back, no #1 WR, Linehan’s playcalls, etc. But the refs have NOT been equitable on the holding calls.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
We don't have to blame the refs for the loss to scrutinize them. It sure feels one-sided a lot of the time. Like that neutral zone infraction that was actually a false start? Come on.

And it feels like they always call Dallas on some foul when they make a big play.

I get the complaints. Dallas shoots themselves in the foot, I get it, they're not innocent, but officiating needs to be fair across the board.

aria

Reaction score
Back to the officiating excuses, nothing new here. Officiating sucks league wide and is inconsistent but it’s not exclusive to the Cowboys.

Remember the Detroit game? Probably not because we won but I clearly remember seeing our guys hold on plays over and over yet no flags and no mention of it by our fans.

Somehow Detroit got 8 penalties compared to out two. Sorry, no team plays that clean of a game yet we’re allegedly the only ones getting screwed and have been for years :rolleyes:

Whatever you have to tell yourselves to sleep better at night and make excuses for why we lost.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
It would not surprise me if at some point this week the NFL quietly releases a statement and says the LP call was incorrect.

I read a statement this morning stating that the call was made because he lifted the football off the ground pre-snap, and that his motion after that point had nothing to do with the call. Looking at the clip, he does lift the ball up. I don't know if it is an excuse or just a bad play or bad luck or what?

stiletto

Reaction score
Just seemed like all our momentum changing plays were called back yesterday. Spoken to several Commanders fans today and they have all said that they felt dirty about the win but would take it of course. I don't think Refs should have so much influence unless things are just egregious, sometimes they are but that FG snap thing was a joke.

Creeper

Reaction score
I commend the Skins coaching staff for the call on LPL. If they don't commit to being drawn offsides, it never gets called. A good strategy to risk a 5 yard penalty in that situation, hoping to make the kick more difficult and it worked. LPL has probably been bouncing the ball pre snap (illegal) quite frequently and the Commanders picked it up on tape.

The only problem with this assessment is that Commanders were not pointing at the Cowboys when the whistle blew. The Commanders on the right side of the line were acting as though they knew the Commanders were going to be penalized. I don;t think the offsides was planned. The guy jumped offsides and the refs took the opportunity to call it.

Carson

Reaction score

What call went in our favor yesterday??

Block in the back ... TD
No penalty for helmet to helmet on Dak ... puts us over the 50 and an automatic first down instead of punt
Daks fumble ... Norman holding ... negates a touchdown and the score is still one score instead of two
LPs snap ... hasn’t been called in 20 years? Yup. Let’s call it.

It’s aggravating because these cost us games.

Butlers phantom on field penalty against Green Bay? Yup. Critical drive

Fredericks pancake that was a hold? Yup we win that one

LPs snap? Tie it and go to OT with major momentum.

The refs aren’t just dictating the games. They are calling bogus stuff at the worst possible times for us

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The holding call on Connor Williams was definitely a holding. Williams tackled his guy. It does seem like we get penalties called on us at the most inopportune times though. Can it really be coincidental over the years?
Fine. But call that stuff on every play, because there's no way THAT was holding and the Skins didn't commit a single one all game. They called the arm around the neck thing twice against the Cowboys, but on that Alex Smith scramble on their last possession, the SAME THING went uncalled.

I don't have much of a problem with any of the calls in this game, in a vacuum. The problem is that they do not call them with any consistency and pick and choose when to throw the flags. I don't like to wear a tinfoil hat, but the number of big plays the Cowboys get called back on holds that aren't obvious, vs. the number of times other teams get called for them is.....a bad look for the NFL.