I am sick of one side officiating

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
yep, 2 years ago when we had the "best oline in the league" they got away with murder, now with a bad rep, flags

I’d love to believe this. I really would to restore some belief in norms and fairness in this sport.

Do you have any evidence at all that this is true?

Last year when we went 10-12 games??with no holds there were plenty of screenshots of our D line being tackled and shirts pulled out two feet from behind with no call.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Actually I looked at all the games so far this year. IIRC, 2-3 games had us getting one or two extra penalties and I believe in the Seattle game they had 3 more penalties. So all in all, it’s been very even minus the Detroit game in which the refs practically handed us the win.
I’m positive you can’t understand that all penalities aren’t the same. I’m also sure you don’t get that if one team holds 20 times and the other holds 10 and they’re both called for 5 holds a piece that it’s not equal.

aria

Reaction score
And you’d lose, but go ahead, deny! Believe whatever stupid crap you want. You sound like one of those guys whose #1 priority is NOT the Cowboys, but “winning” the debate, having the last word. All yours!
Lol, and you seem like one of those stupid conspiracy theorists that always make excuses. I’m sure you like ro makes excuses for your shortcomings in real life too, it’s a loser mentality which fits you well.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Watch the Detroit game? Some of our guys had their D linemen in headlocks yet Detroit had 8 penalties compared to our 2.
I still remember our last interaction when it came out that you are a hypocrite and a blatant liar. So forgive me if I call bull**** on your statements.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Btw, the LPL call was pure trash. He did what he has done his whole career and what other LS do. The game should have gone to OT.

Also, what was with the weird time run off before the booth review? I've never seen that before.

There are bad calls all the time in games. But that last bit looked more like "the fix is in" than I've ever seen in the NFL.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kick should have been made. Maher made no excuse for missing field goal. It would never have come to this if coaching staff went for the win and not a tie. If they tied the game; Washington would have won in overtime on a stupid coaching gaffe.

ESisback

Reaction score
Lol, and you seem like one of those stupid conspiracy theorists that always make excuses. I’m sure you like ro makes excuses for your shortcomings in real life too, it’s a loser mentality which fits you well.

Says the know-it-all “realist!” Extra macho, extra delusional—quite a combo!
Think you have everything figured out, do you? The inability to think outside the box and the naive notion that the world is black and white seems kinda pathetic to me.

As to my “real life”, I’m quite happy and fulfilled, thank you. I also have no doubt that my collection of achievements, experiences, possessions, etc., compare favorably with most people on this board, including yourself. We could compare notes, although I have doubts about how truthful you would be. It’s been my experience that extra macho, know-it-all realists can’t accept defeat. So go ahead, have the last word, claim victory. You won’t change my mind, gain any friends or admirers, win any awards, or change anything of note, but enjoy.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I commend the Skins coaching staff for the call on LPL. If they don't commit to being drawn offsides, it never gets called. A good strategy to risk a 5 yard penalty in that situation, hoping to make the kick more difficult and it worked. LPL has probably been bouncing the ball pre snap (illegal) quite frequently and the Commanders picked it up on tape.
WRONG. WRONG. WRONG......SKINS FAN!

aria

Reaction score
Says the know-it-all “realist!” Extra macho, extra delusional—quite a combo!
Think you have everything figured out, do you? The inability to think outside the box and the naive notion that the world is black and white seems kinda pathetic to me.

As to my “real life”, I’m quite happy and fulfilled, thank you. I also have no doubt that my collection of achievements, experiences, possessions, etc., compare favorably with most people on this board, including yourself. We could compare notes, although I have doubts about how truthful you would be. It’s been my experience that extra macho, know-it-all realists can’t accept defeat. So go ahead, have the last word, claim victory. You won’t change my mind, gain any friends or admirers, win any awards, or change anything of note, but enjoy.
Fantastic. Are you done?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
LOL......An internet tough guy. LOL

Theres always one moron that blames the refs every week.
First of all, I do complain about the refs, they suck. Not just against us, but far too often they call silly penalties at important junctures that really favor one team over another. For instance, it is convenient that in desperate moments, GB seems to get a favorable flag. Of course, in the Minn game, the opposite happened, they got screwed by a bogus roughing the passer call that took away a victory.

Second, the Dallas offense is pathetic. They are too off and on. They really hurt our chances of winning any road game. Thankfully we have a very good defense, especially in the red zone. Heck, the only TD the D gave up, their was a huge clip not called. They bend, but rarely break.

Third, you are a disrespectful individual. Telling other posters to shut up and throwing out insults like a typical child. Then, you go to the old internet tough guy line. Classicly lame. I did not insult you, call you names, or try to censor your opinion. I am actually a very respectful poster, you on the other hand are not. I don't care if you dislike or disagree with my opinion, but istead of insults, maybe try a civil discourse. Maybe give counter opinions, so we can have a grown up conversation. Afterall most of us are fans of the Cowboys.

sideon

Reaction score
The #1 sign your team is bad is when you start blaming the officials. The Cowboys lost because Dak gave up a td and the kicker missed a kick.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
WRONG. WRONG. WRONG......SKINS FAN!
Say again.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/Comman...er-moving-ball-leading-penalty-213621091.html

This is what happens when a team does not scout itself. Poorly coached on the Cowboys side as usual.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
What call went in our favor yesterday??

Block in the back ... TD
No penalty for helmet to helmet on Dak ... puts us over the 50 and an automatic first down instead of punt
Daks fumble ... Norman holding ... negates a touchdown and the score is still one score instead of two
LPs snap ... hasn’t been called in 20 years? Yup. Let’s call it.

It’s aggravating because these cost us games.

Butlers phantom on field penalty against Green Bay? Yup. Critical drive

Fredericks pancake that was a hold? Yup we win that one

LPs snap? Tie it and go to OT with major momentum.

The refs aren’t just dictating the games. They are calling bogus stuff at the worst possible times for us
I’ve always said it’s not about the quantity of penalties but it’s the situations that always costs us. Always during momentum changing or big plays that are negated.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Say again.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/Comman...er-moving-ball-leading-penalty-213621091.html

This is what happens when a team does not scout itself. Poorly coached on the Cowboys side as usual.

Every coach in the NFL does this to the officials in every single game. The flag on our Snapper moving the ball one centimeter after a Commander jumped offsides, who never looked the ball, had nothing to do with coaching. The Ref either had some agenda or made the dumbest call of his entire life. It has nothing to do with coaching.

And by the way..........

glimmerman

Reaction score
Lots of BS calls but the ones that are game enders kill me. That penalty at the end of the game should have went the other way. Or been picked up. He kicks it from the original spot and it goes through. But in the end he missed the kick and JG was way to conservative at the end with a time out in his pocket. A simple dump off pass to Elliot could have been a TD.

Sydla

Reaction score
Say again.

I can't really get on the coaches for that.

Their blunder was setting up for a long FG in the wind to begin with when they had more than enough time to get closer and make it an easier FG.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Guys this morning on the fan said that Cowboys players overheard the ref discussion. That the other refs were going what the heck are you talking about. But that the one ref basically forced the call and none of them over-ruled him.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Guys this morning on the fan said that Cowboys players overheard the ref discussion. That the other refs were going what the heck are you talking about. But that the one ref basically forced the call and none of them over-ruled him.

The second ref said "Well, you are the one that takes the phone calls from the NFL front office, so lets go with that".

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Every coach in the NFL does this to the officials in every single game. The flag on our Snapper moving the ball one centimeter after a Commander jumped offsides, who never looked the ball, had nothing to do with coaching. The Ref either had some agenda or made the dumbest call of his entire life. It has nothing to do with coaching.

And by the way..........

It looks pretty clear to be more than 1 CM of movement. Self scouting is as important as scouting the other team and that's part of coaching. I don't subscribe to the league conspiracy again the Cowboys, they just aren't that good.