Video: I am so scared about the WR situation

blueblood70

Reaction score
Moore hasn't used Pollard well yet so let's see if he does this year. Again between Moore and if an injury happens this season I just think there are a lot of question marks. Gallup went down last year and it wasn't a big deal because of the depth. He or Lamb miss significant time this year and it's a huge deal. And this is all a moot point if the o-line is poor. I just have low expectations for this offense this year. I hope I'm wrong.
lots of ifs ands and butts that not a concern until it IS and if that happens and at that time, we are in the mix for a playoff spot or division is on the line, im betting we can go find a replacement somewhere. OR what IF ny that time soem young guys stepped up and are ready and better than advertised. Even seen it in the past with Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, and more recently C.Wilson developed and turner not far behind.. you realize in sports sometimes the next man up is ready. some are stars int he making,..

you dont know until they are put into action. even Dalton Schultz is far better than anyone was predicting. you can worry about nonsense until it actually happens... right now we are more than fine.

NotForLong

Reaction score
All this clip did was reaffirm EVERYTHING I was already thinking....what in the hell did we do by cutting Cedric Wilson and then thinking we didn't need to sign ANYONE of note??? Again.....we are BOTTOM 5 at this position....we could actually be the worst. That is TBD.

I keep hearing that Dak prefers scrubs so he can spread the ball around

NotForLong

Reaction score
The cowboys are going to be a stretch, short passing team that looks to sustain drives and earn yardage on YAC.
Wow . . . that sounds exciting . . . but how do you do that when Dak can't throw an accurate slant to save His life.

There is a reason all of Dak's WRs only run comeback routes (Only pass Dak can throw) . . . Hard to get YAC that way

Whats gonna happen is Dak is gonna scramble in the pocket until someone gets open . . . He will get sacked a lot

Then the Fan base will cry about Offensive Line and WR. And Moore

Gonna be a fun season

JonesBoys

Reaction score
lots of ifs ands and butts that not a concern until it IS and if that happens and at that time, we are in the mix for a playoff spot or division is on the line, im betting we can go find a replacement somewhere. OR what IF ny that time soem young guys stepped up and are ready and better than advertised. Even seen it in the past with Miles Austin, Laurent Robinson, and more recently C.Wilson developed and turner not far behind.. you realize in sports sometimes the next man up is ready. some are stars int he making,..

you dont know until they are put into action. even Dalton Schultz is far better than anyone was predicting. you can worry about nonsense until it actually happens... right now we are more than fine.

Would you agree they had a lot more depth last year at the receiver position?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Would you agree they had a lot more depth last year at the receiver position?
NO i wont because we do not know how these younger guys will contribute IF and when they are needed. thats playing the if game..once gallous back we dont need the depth until we do..

Ced and tuner were not ced and turner until leaned on, get that yet? they maybe unknown depth but if you dont think Turpin is added depth easily IMHO takes ceds production, in a different way but he is a vet wr even though hes new to the nfl.

I get the top 3 starters were better on paper given Coop is gone but the bottom ie new additions and depth, we do not know yet.

will you admit that depth meant squat in the big games late last year , or the year before or the year before that..has that type of offense got us past the 2nd round? no the answer is no and i believe better utilized talent as i ready stated, is on MOORE and this offse could be better IF the OL holds up and IF Moore grows some.

Not a lot of teams have that kind of depth.. the fact Packers and Chiefs weakened their staffs and don't seem to be getting the same concern, i see their WR core and not impressed others like Titans allowed brown to walk etc etc etc etc they all HAVE a PLAN to create offense in a different manner and possibly grow new Stars= more depth,

show me ALL the teams this year that are noticeably better on paper that had the type of depth we had last year right now...

JonesBoys

Reaction score
NO i wont because we do not know how these younger guys will contribute IF and when they are needed. thats playing the if game..once gallous back we dont need the depth until we do..

Ced and tuner were not ced and turner until leaned on, get that yet? they maybe unknown depth but if you dont think Turpin is added depth easily IMHO takes ceds production, in a different way but he is a vet wr even though hes new to the nfl.

I get the top 3 starters were better on paper given Coop is gone but the bottom ie new additions and depth, we do not know yet.

will you admit that depth meant squat in the big games late last year , or the year before or the year before that..has that type of offense got us past the 2nd round? no the answer is no and i believe better utilized talent as i ready stated, is on MOORE and this offse could be better IF the OL holds up and IF Moore grows some.

Not a lot of teams have that kind of depth.. the fact Packers and Chiefs weakened their staffs and don't seem to be getting the same concern, i see their WR core and not impressed others like Titans allowed brown to walk etc etc etc etc they all HAVE a PLAN to create offense in a different manner and possibly grow new Stars= more depth,

show me ALL the teams this year that are noticeably better on paper that had the type of depth we had last year right now...

Rams, Bills, Bucs off the top of my head. Other teams close to Dallas last year who have added a lot more to their team. Chargers, Eagles, Broncos. Some good teams that went after it this off season. Dallas had a chance to be one of them but on paper they went backwards. You say let's wait and see and I'm fine with that. Let's see what these young unproven players do.
And again we can argue the depth of the skill position all we want but in the end if the o-line takes a step back it won't matter.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rams, Bills, Bucs off the top of my head. Other teams close to Dallas last year who have added a lot more to their team. Chargers, Eagles, Broncos. Some good teams that went after it this off season. Dallas had a chance to be one of them but on paper they went backwards. You say let's wait and see and I'm fine with that. Let's see what these young unproven players do.
And again we can argue the depth of the skill position all we want but in the end if the o-line takes a step back it won't matter.
so out of 32 teams that it? not improved team ,we are talking the WR core starters and depth list them ..ill be back in 4 hours when you get real list too debate. Until then i stand by my statements.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Wow . . . that sounds exciting . . . but how do you do that when Dak can't throw an accurate slant to save His life.

There is a reason all of Dak's WRs only run comeback routes (Only pass Dak can throw) . . . Hard to get YAC that way

Whats gonna happen is Dak is gonna scramble in the pocket until someone gets open . . . He will get sacked a lot

Then the Fan base will cry about Offensive Line and WR. And Moore

Gonna be a fun season

It's still early kinda but I really doubt I will read anything dumber than this all day.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
oh yeah . . . I thought that was everyone comaint about Moore . . . the routes he calls

All comeback routes

It was a common complaint against Garrett as well, but those calls were in response to the off-shell coverage teams switched to against the Cowboys 2nd half of the year. Once the running attack became poor (zeke injury + line issues) teams moved to 2 deep and shell coverages forcing underneath routes. Comebacks are like bread and butter but hard to live and die by those. What the offense lacked (IMO) was more effective use of Hi-Lo routes, partly because the calf injury limited Dak for several games (hi-lo works great on bootlegs).

JonesBoys

Reaction score
so out of 32 teams that it? not improved team ,we are talking the WR core starters and depth list them ..ill be back in 4 hours when you get real list too debate. Until then i stand by my statements.

Thanks but I don't work for you so I don't have to show you anything. And I'm not trying to change your mind. The fact is the Cowboys receiver core is less talented and has less depth as we currently stand. This season can prove that or disprove it, we shall see.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
actually, another inaccurate narrative. hes one of the top qbs under pressure ie the blitz, so …..

how can that be if he can not make quick decisions,..you all hater trolls need to find another target your piss poor narratives get busted regularly.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Beating blitz is all about recognition and execution, but having a game plan and executing flawlessly quick pass and catch scheme comes from being an elite passer and good offensive scheme with perfect understanding between QB and WRs. Dak is not there yet in my opinion.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
More deserving of roster spot than Dennis Houston imo.

Much more experienced in Cowboys offense and has chemistry with Dak and QB2.

Turner is really dynamic WR.

But I'd take both Turner and Houston over James Washington.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Thanks but I don't work for you so I don't have to show you anything. And I'm not trying to change your mind. The fact is the Cowboys receiver core is less talented and has less depth as we currently stand. This season can prove that or disprove it, we shall see.
well then your point is MOOT, doesn't apply until we see the depth both needed and see how they step up..that debate is over. Back to a real issue

OL!! this we can debate nothing will work if this becomes chaz green 2.0

blueblood70

Reaction score
You have your opinion and I have mine.

Beating blitz is all about recognition and execution, but having a game plan and executing flawlessly quick pass and catch scheme comes from being an elite passer and good offensive scheme with perfect understanding between QB and WRs. Dak is not there yet in my opinion.
its fact the league plays him a certain way because he does not HOLD THE BALL when under pressure. Its all in the analytics stats not an option, he throws well under pressure if he can recognize things quickly in that situation then that means hes not holding onto the ball.this isn't 2017 dak dude, just stop!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
All this clip did was reaffirm EVERYTHING I was already thinking....what in the hell did we do by cutting Cedric Wilson and then thinking we didn't need to sign ANYONE of note??? Again.....we are BOTTOM 5 at this position....we could actually be the worst. That is TBD.

Dont be scared my Cowboy loving soul, this offense will be better than most are fretting about and biting off their fingernails about right now.
Everyone knows I have been highly critical of Dak, but we get Dak back to what he does best, shorter route tree, 3 step drop, and dump off reads to actual playmakers,
you know the hands crew with speed that this team has finally.
Strong running game, will be... everyone can keep sobbing over the loss of our future HOF LT, but this doesnt have to totally destroy offensive optimism.
We are deeper behind Zeke and Pollard finally have some depth with potential, not just depth and its been way over due.
Dak has receivers on this team, they dont all have to be classified as "WR", I can start talking about the hands we have at TE next, but just didnt want to make this post too long.
Peeps will get lazy.