I believe we need a twelth man flag

theSHOW

Reaction score
Yeah, the guys who actually looked like they cared whether we won or lost the game.

You mean the guys who actually looked like they cried whether we won or lost the game. These examples od Desmond and Terrell were about "me" myself, and my amount of receptions.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Sage3030st: 5413904 said:
They had it trademarked. Went to court and won. Seahawks pay a licensing fee for it.

12th man? Thats ridiculous. How can anyone claim to own that? There's quite a few soccer teams in Europe that don't use the number 12 in their squad numbers as that is the fans number.

foofighters

Reaction score
Get the Texas Flag up their riding high and make the twelfth man a flag with the Texas flag. Sorry but we do need it. I am not an entrepreneur for nothing.
Some sort of Texas flag with Staubachs Jersey Even the snobs in the lower section will start screaming.

I like you're thinking...put that flag and #12 on the Jerrytron
well, you'd fail with this and why? because most die-hard cowboys fans who understands what the "12th man" means, wouldn't buy anything like that. Why? Because they (we) are either boycotting giving any more money to Jerry and/or know that the "12 man" isn't going to help the non-existent pass rush, or the coverage, or the playcalling, or the run abandonment and so on...

So that leaves you with the casual fan/luxury fan...they'd have no idea what the "12 man" even means. So no, we need to get Jerry out of town and maybe then you're idea would work because the rowdy fans would have finally have something to cheer about.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I went to my first Cowboys game ever this year (I don't live in Dallas). I was shocked at how stale the atmosphere was. Compared to what I've seen in Indianapolis, St. Louis, and Chicago, it was like going to the symphony. Is this normal?

Yes.

I've been told to sit down and be quiet numerous times.

Goes back to the old stadium as well.

Worst fanbase in the league. IMO.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
well, you'd fail with this and why? because most die-hard cowboys fans who understands what the "12th man" means, wouldn't buy anything like that. Why? Because they (we) are either boycotting giving any more money to Jerry and/or know that the "12 man" isn't going to help the non-existent pass rush, or the coverage, or the playcalling, or the run abandonment and so on...

So that leaves you with the casual fan/luxury fan...they'd have no idea what the "12 man" even means. So no, we need to get Jerry out of town and maybe then you're idea would work because the rowdy fans would have finally have something to cheer about.

Real cowboy fans boycott?

Lol.

foofighters

Reaction score
Real cowboy fans boycott?

Lol.

Alright calm down. No where did I say, "real fans". I said "most die-hard" fans are boycotting. I am. I love the star but I am not buying anything Cowboys related while Jerry is still running the team. I will not go into that stadium and spend my money there. I know a lot of cowboys fans who feel the same way. I am on a couple of different boards and have been on one for many years. There are more fans out there like that than you realize. Now, if you want to buy cowboys stuff...go ahead. I am not getting into a "real fan" debate because that's not the issue here. Cheer your team how you wish.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Alright calm down. No where did I say, "real fans". I said "most die-hard" fans are boycotting. I am. I love the star but I am not buying anything Cowboys related while Jerry is still running the team. I will not go into that stadium and spend my money there. I know a lot of cowboys fans who feel the same way. I am on a couple of different boards and have been on one for many years. There are more fans out there like that than you realize. Now, if you want to buy cowboys stuff...go ahead. I am not getting into a "real fan" debate because that's not the issue here. Cheer your team how you wish.

Is posting here boycotting.

I'm pretty sure jerry doesn't make money off this site but why post here if boycotting

Did you watch any football yesterday?

The owners revenue share.

I think a boycott should include all nfl football not just Cowboy football.

Also how due hard is a boycotting die hard fan.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I know and heard a lot of people that say this same thing.
But also they are the same people that never bought anything or went to any games even during the SB years. But didn't say this until the lean years started.
I remember the same things were said in the 80's, when the SB years were not there either.

foofighters

Reaction score
Is posting here boycotting.

I'm pretty sure jerry doesn't make money off this site but why post here if boycotting

Did you watch any football yesterday?

The owners revenue share.

I think a boycott should include all nfl football not just Cowboy football.

Also how due hard is a boycotting die hard fan.
lol, took offense, did ya? It's obvious you want to make this a real fan vs. real fan debate which is what this isn't.

foofighters

Reaction score
I know and heard a lot of people that say this same thing.
But also they are the same people that never bought anything or went to any games even during the SB years. But didn't say this until the lean years started.
I remember the same things were said in the 80's, when the SB years were not there either.

To me, this has nothing to do with wining or losing. I wouldn't mind losing if we had a plan in place. The issue, here we are stuck at .500 and Jerry isn't really doing anything. this team needs a breath of fresh and I think there are a lot of owners who would have humbled themselves and stepped down from the GM position if they'd been in Jerry's shoes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To me, this has nothing to do with wining or losing. I wouldn't mind losing if we had a plan in place. The issue, here we are stuck at .500 and Jerry isn't really doing anything. this team needs a breath of fresh and I think there are a lot of owners who would have humbled themselves and stepped down from the GM position if they'd been in Jerry's shoes.

No it doesn't, was just commenting on what fans I heard or know said about not buying or going to games. They never have, winning or losing. but yet they make those comments.
They whine about the Stars, Mavericks and Rangers here the same way, but yet never been to a game. I would bet most areas of other teams do this too. To me it's the same for someone complaining about a president, now or 20 years ago...if you didn't vote at all, don't complain. Not exactly the same, but best I can do on a Sunday morning with 1st cup of coffee.

Anyway, I don't ever recall an Owner / GM stepping down, success or not, in order to change the direction. And this makes your point of not winning...LOL...look at Al Davis and the Raiders, or the Brown family and the Bengals [even though they have been better lately].

I also think Garrett has been addressing these JJ contract goofs, which snowballs the eventual talent signed or can't be signed. He's been getting rid of these overpaid, underachieving players. But it can't be done all in one year. One can only, yet again, wait and see what happens. I'm actually saying 8-8 again, until they show me on the field otherwise.
But I think this has been Garrett's plan, and just takes time. JJ put us in a salary cap dilemma from bad choices, rather him, or someone he listened too. Garrett and a few others are still fixing that mess.

foofighters

Reaction score
No it doesn't, was just commenting on what fans I heard or know said about not buying or going to games. They never have, winning or losing. but yet they make those comments.
They whine about the Stars, Mavericks and Rangers here the same way, but yet never been to a game. I would bet most areas of other teams do this too. To me it's the same for someone complaining about a president, now or 20 years ago...if you didn't vote at all, don't complain. Not exactly the same, but best I can do on a Sunday morning with 1st cup of coffee.

Anyway, I don't ever recall an Owner / GM stepping down, success or not, in order to change the direction. And this makes your point of not winning...LOL...look at Al Davis and the Raiders, or the Brown family and the Bengals [even though they have been better lately].

I also think Garrett has been addressing these JJ contract goofs, which snowballs the eventual talent signed or can't be signed. He's been getting rid of these overpaid, underachieving players. But it can't be done all in one year. One can only, yet again, wait and see what happens. I'm actually saying 8-8 again, until they show me on the field otherwise.
But I think this has been Garrett's plan, and just takes time. JJ put us in a salary cap dilemma from bad choices, rather him, or someone he listened too. Garrett and a few others are still fixing that mess.

Now, you're only seeing what you want to see. I said "A lot of owners". As in pattern. You want to use the raiders and browns...these are isolated incidences. So you don't think for the greater good, you'd step down after having Jerry's well established pattern of mediocrity? My point isn't wining or losing, it's having an established set of goals in place and actually working with a plan to get there. Jerry is continuing on with what he does. I won't argue about JG because if you put JG as a coach on a different team, I think he probably could attain more success. However, he's not the right fit here in Dallas. He's learning on the job and is making game time mistakes and under the poor leadership above him, is actually hindering his growth.