I bet Garrett is NE OC next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Garrett is a complete joke at every level of coaching. I’ll include QB coach in there as well.

His best asset is writing generic PR statements for a team.

Garrett was head coach here almost a decade and OC before that. He was junk for his entire tenure outside of a few good stretches. Why do people think he's all of a sudden going to know how to gameplan, adjust and become a good coach? He's not even a coach at this point. He does literally nothing on the sidelines for us.

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett was head coach here almost a decade and OC before that. He was junk for his entire tenure outside of a few good stretches. Why do people think he's all of a sudden going to know how to gameplan, adjust and become a good coach? He's not even a coach at this point. He does literally nothing on the sidelines for us.

This guy basically got to bring in Houck, Dooley and Linehan, all guys he was connected too at Miami and his BROTHER as TE coach who he then promoted to Passing game coordinator in one year and yet, his lackeys pretend like he was hamstrung by Jerry...

Jerry had zero connection to Linehan and Dooley..

khiladi

Reaction score
Garrett will be hired as an analyst with Saban at Alabama for next season.

Yep.. he will fall back on his connections from past. Nobody else will rolll with him, unless it’s some insignificant role.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
This guy basically got to bring in Houck, Dooley and Linehan, all guys he was connected too at Miami and his BROTHER as TE coach who he then promoted to Passing game coordinator in one year and yet, his lackeys pretend like he was hamstrung by Jerry...

Jerry had zero connection to Linehan and Dooley..

While Jerry is a big issue, Jason's failures has nothing to do with Jerry. He's just not a good coach. He got hot in the first 10-12 games of 2007 and was the next big thing and deemed a genius. But coaches finally figured him out starting in the last quarter of 2007 and he's never been the same since. Underachievement after underachievement. He does not know how to adjust and scheme. I don't know what he actually does well to be honest.

khiladi

Reaction score
While Jerry is a big issue, Jason's failures has nothing to do with Jerry. He's just not a good coach. He got hot in the first 10-12 games of 2007 and was the next big thing and deemed a genius. But coaches finally figured him out starting in the last quarter of 2007 and he's never been the same since. Underachievement after underachievement. He does not know how to adjust and scheme. I don't know what he actually does well to be honest.

Plus he has Sparano baby sitting him, but like you said, teams started figuring him out by the end of 2007. We even struggled to get Romo the passing record against the pathetic Commanders for a whole half and then the coaches squashed the idea as we looked miserable. The common theme was thar the offensive issues were a result of the high ankle sprain of TO. But anybody that had eyes could see it..

the next year after Sparano left, the offense went to bottom half of the league in scoring and red zone efficiency became awful under Garrett.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Plus he has Sparano baby sitting him, but like you said, teams started figuring him out by the end of 2007. We even struggled to get Romo the passing record against the pathetic Commanders for a whole half and then the coaches squashed the idea as we looked miserable. The common theme was thar the offensive issues were a result of the high ankle sprain of TO. But anybody that had eyes could see it..

the next year after Sparano left, the offense went to bottom half of the league in scoring and red zone efficiency became awful under Garrett.

Yep. We started off 2007 like 11-1 and looked on fire. Then our offense went to crap and forgot how to move the ball and be efficient.And it never recovered after that for the rest of his career. Why? Because he literally never adjusted. We have ran the same exact offense since then. Dak is running the offense created for Romo. Every one of Romo's backups in 2015 ran that offense. Jason has no idea how to gameplan to the strengths of his current roster. He has one single gameplan and every play has to run it no matter what. Same as the TE position. We are trying to ask Jarwin to be a Witten clone when that isn't who he is and he can actually stretch the field.

Blue64

Reaction score
Who cares? Pats are done, and their fans will go back to being giants fans
How many times have you heard or uttered those same words over the last ten years.
Except they’re not done always around, always in the mix, despite personnel changes.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Given their known relationship, I think Belichick hires Garrett next year as OC to help rehabilitate his image after McDaniels leaves. The Belichick/Saban/Garrett bond is known and Belichick will get a star WR, Brady will tell Garrett what the playbook is, and Garrett will do a satisfiable enough job to get the Jets head job in 2021.

Owners love him and will be looking for a reason to give him another chance. A year with Belichick s exactly what he’ll need to be able to sell it to the public.

II think the best fit for him would be AD at Princeton.

JMech

Reaction score
Given their known relationship, I think Belichick hires Garrett next year as OC to help rehabilitate his image after McDaniels leaves. The Belichick/Saban/Garrett bond is known and Belichick will get a star WR, Brady will tell Garrett what the playbook is, and Garrett will do a satisfiable enough job to get the Jets head job in 2021.

Owners love him and will be looking for a reason to give him another chance. A year with Belichick s exactly what he’ll need to be able to sell it to the public.

Owners love who??? You're kidding right?

We can only hope Belichik is stupid enough to hire him. Brady would lose his mind with the clapper.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
No, the Giants will make a play in any capacity to woo him so he can show his old boss. After seeing JG sit in his cubicle taking all this in, I can actually see him doing this. He's weak.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Thought it would be under a different NE coach. But still gets him to the Jets next year. Got to imagine Belichick had some influence in telling Judge who to call.

Last edited:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

make sense or back under Saban at Bama.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

I think NE is going to try one final super run for a last trophy. That would mean going out there and getting Brady the best weapons they can. I say they make their best effort to get Amari and because of that no Garrett for fear Amari would not sign with them because he doesnt like Garrett.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

Lol... Belichick is a good coach when he's not devising new ways to cheat but he's certainly not one to rehabilitate anyone's image.

Status
Not open for further replies.