I blame CeeDee

glimmerman

Reaction score
It seemed obvious after all of his meltdowns that Dak was going to start forcing the ball to him.

I blame CeeDee and the coaching staff more than the other players.

Can't blame LB Bell for being too small...that's a coaching issue.

Can't blame Hankins for being a cheap cast-off from another team.

Etc...
My problem is that we do not really know what happened. Seemed he melted down very early in the game. MM had to go over and calm him down. I was under the impression that Lamb wanted to go downfield and pass it after packers marched right down the field and scored. He knew it was gonna be a shoot out. But MM was set on trying to establish the run that he could not do all season.

Was for sure a team loss. Our Defense was really bad. The pick 6 was on Dak. He threw to the right player on the blitz. Lamb was the hot read. But he was supposed throw to him and not lead him, Lamb saw the defender standing there and didn’t want to get laid out. He tried to knock it away but defender jumped it. Someone like Irvin would have taken the shot. I maybe wrong but that’s what I was seeing.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My problem is that we do not really know what happened. Seemed he melted down very early in the game. MM had to go over and calm him down. I was under the impression that Lamb wanted to go downfield and pass it after packers marched right down the field and scored. He knew it was gonna be a shoot out. But MM was set on trying to establish the run that he could not do all season.

Was for sure a team loss. Our Defense was really bad. The pick 6 was on Dak. He threw to the right player on the blitz. Lamb was the hot read. But he was supposed throw to him and not lead him, Lamb saw the defender standing there and didn’t want to get laid out. He tried to knock it away but defender jumped it. Someone like Irvin would have taken the shot. I maybe wrong but that’s what I was seeing.
It looked to me like the defender pulled CeeDee 's shoulder back, giving himself more momentum to the ball, while simultaneously keeping Lamb away from it. Granted, I only watched it in real time, plus the immediate replay. I haven't watched any of the game since they played, so it's entirely possible I'm mistaken.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Even if Dak played the best game of his career, they can't win if the defense is that bad.

Maybe Mahomes could, no other active QB can win with a no-show defense.

Dak's win rate is well over 90% when they rush for more yards than the opponent...

I'm not defending Dak. I'm hopeful that Trey Lance is awesome in the preseason to the point of replacing Dak as the starter.
Lol the defense the last two games against the 49ers in the playoffs did there job, yet Dak still was a no show

glimmerman

Reaction score
It looked to me like the defender pulled CeeDee 's shoulder back, giving himself more momentum to the ball, while simultaneously keeping Lamb away from it. Granted, I only watched it in real time, plus the immediate replay. I haven't watched any of the game since they played, so it's entirely possible I'm mistaken.
Could have been right. I know Lamb saw him coming. The first pick should have been a PI. Looks like that’s why Dak threw it there. He saw the hold and threw it and defender pulled him out of the way to catch it. Dak looked for the flag, Gallup got up shaking his head looking for it. And even the defender got up looking around waiting and expecting it. Then his team mate let him know there was no flag and take off knowing he was down anyways..

Staubacher

Reaction score
It seemed obvious after all of his meltdowns that Dak was going to start forcing the ball to him.

Etc...
Please describe in detail CeeDees "meltdown". I just saw him looking dejected.

Facts please

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is not a single coach or player that did anything right during the 1st half a d it's reflected in the blowout score. The players demeanor showed they weren't interested in a tough fight to win. Looks as if they thought they were superior and wouldn't have to give much effort to win.

GB won this game during their week of prep. Their coaches had the players ready to fight for every inch of turf.

khiladi

Reaction score
LOL..

the season was saved by “forcing” the ball to CeeDee. He got targeted over 170 times in the regular season. You think they were going to change their game plan? They targeted Cooks and Dak threw it right to the DB for his first pick. The problem is Dak locks down on his first read and if it’s not there, he sucks. There were plenty of times Dak looked CeeDee’s way and he pulled down and panicked.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Even if Dak played the best game of his career, they can't win if the defense is that bad.

Maybe Mahomes could, no other active QB can win with a no-show defense.

Dak's win rate is well over 90% when they rush for more yards than the opponent...

I'm not defending Dak. I'm hopeful that Trey Lance is awesome in the preseason to the point of replacing Dak as the starter.
He could have at least gave it a pretense of competitiveness. TOP keeps the other offense off the field and leads to points.

sbark

Reaction score
LOL..

the season was saved by “forcing” the ball to CeeDee. He got targeted over 170 times in the regular season. You think they were going to change their game plan? They targeted Cooks and Dak threw it right to the DB for his first pick. The problem is Dak locks down on his first read and if it’s not there, he sucks. There were plenty of times Dak looked CeeDee’s way and he pulled down and panicked.
Almost as if Dak can’t absorb or refuses to put in time to know where to go with ball if 1st read not there.

Example...the key sack 3rd qtr, he was looking left at Fergy, was taken away, he panicked rolled right.....at the time CD came open deeper than Ferguson left sideline.

If he fully understood MM playbook, play, or could remember it...he could’ve thrown CD open toward left sideline.

Even C.Rush would’ve seen it develop

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys set an NFL playoff record against Green Bay by having 46 players inactive for the game.

CeeDee is on the list. Place him on it wherever you want, plenty of blame to go around in that total team no-show. Note I substituted another word with "no" before "show".

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Of course you do, X! You never miss an opportunity to nail a WR with 88 on it. :cool:

Cmac

Reaction score
CD did not meltdown ...... he saw Dak melting down and said something.

Anyone who thinks otherwise either has an agenda against WR's or is the actual one who is weak minded.
Jaire Alexander might disagree.

Reactions: CWR

khiladi

Reaction score
Almost as if Dak can’t absorb or refuses to put in time to know where to go with ball if 1st read not there.

Example...the key sack 3rd qtr, he was looking left at Fergy, was taken away, he panicked rolled right.....at the time CD came open deeper than Ferguson left sideline.

If he fully understood MM playbook, play, or could remember it...he could’ve thrown CD open toward left sideline.

Even C.Rush would’ve seen it develop
I mean it’s not even a “playbook” issue. It’s who he is. He’s just not fast reading and processing the field, so the offense has to be dumbed down for him to basically half the field. That’s not something you develop magically, it’s innate. Cooper Rush would be even better, but he lacks the physical tools to be that much of a threat. So he also limits the field.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

It was a shootout. Unfortunately they brought Doc Holiday and we brought Ike Clanton.

Honestly though, it never even reached shootout status. Our first 4 possessions buried us before we even got our gun out of the holster.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Etc...
I blame all of them. and mostly I blame Jerry. as the GM he is responsible to build a team. Dak is what he is. as the QB he catches all the heat. but CD was mentally weak. Parsons was a no show. podcast and all. Bell shouldn't be a LB, the GM didn't have proper LBs on the team. we could have signed FA Hargrove, instead chose hankins. the GM has failed. past 8 years it was Dak. the prevous 8 years was Romo, and Bledsoe and so on. 28 years people. 28 years of continued post season failure. coaches have come and gone. MM. Garrett, Wade, Parcells and on and on and on.

as long as Jerry is the GM this team will not succeed. the maximum success is regular season. many will rejoice.