I blame CeeDee

Big_D

Reaction score
That’s my point. Talent isn’t marginally close. Dallas doesn’t have the problems other teams have, except for really QB.
They can’t run or stop the run. The Cowboys besides the glaring problem at the #1 position suck at both of those things. The two teams in the Super Bowl not only have better QBs, but rushing attack and run D are night and day. They’re a one dimensional football team.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
At least it’s not as ignorant as just blaming Dak alone
Only agenda boys are doing that, Dak played like crap in the playoffs again, Quinn coached like crap, McCarthy did not have the team ready in the playoffs again, Jerry did not do a good job of solidifying the team weaknesses again (ala we had no RB only 3 change of pace backs), and no ability to stop the run.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It seemed obvious after all of his meltdowns that Dak was going to start forcing the ball to him.

I blame CeeDee and the coaching staff more than the other players.

Can't blame LB Bell for being too small...that's a coaching issue.

Can't blame Hankins for being a cheap cast-off from another team.

Etc...
OK OK OK here it is we're in 2024 Super Bowl is about to be here and gone and the new season is about to start but yet we had to make sure that all 63 players the whole entire coaching staff the whole front office have had their own thread with their name in it that started with I blame (and then fill in the blank)______________

Let's keep this simple it was a total team meltdown from the top to the bottom in that embarrassing loss to Green Bay but I'm sorry I'm still not going to say it was a bad season because it didn't end the way that fans wanted to I get it we're all disappointed but 3-12 win seasons in a row that's 36 wins that's three playoff appearances a #2 bye and two division wins in the last three years this team hopefully with a few changes with a big hard look in the mirror can get this turned around but apparently you can't get rid of 63 players in the entire front office and entire coaching staff so why don't we just calm down already....;):eek:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
It was disappointing to see CD play the way he did. He was definitely one of our most professional players and top performers all year. I could not say enough good things about him. He was one of the few players I felt good about showing up in the playoffs. I do not know what happened but I am sure that there is a story there and I will patiently wait for it to come out.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You take CeeDee off this team, we win 6 games.
So you're trying to tell me that you think we could have used any quarterback or is this a combination of CD lamb and Prescott that was successful enough to get us to 12 wins you know just like 8 min to urban stall back to bullet Bob or was it Montana to rice I mean you can't have it both ways most of the time you first have to have the quarterback there's a reason CD lamb got better every single year and it was because of Prescott... And somehow fans like you which I find very interesting it's ironic it's so thick the irony is that people even the first five games of this year and most of CD lamb's career said he was a #2 that he would never survive without amari Cooper to pull the heat off him to pull coverage and yet here he is has one of the best seasons as a receiver in the Cowboys history of great receivers how is that I can tell you why Prescott's more needed on this team that CD land but both of them together ohh what gives you your success..

Ohh and please don't give me the nonsense that anybody could have been quarterback on this team because that got blown up even during the Cooper rush five win games last year in which he did not play well at all they did not put up a lot of points or a lot of yards or a lot of stats the defense played great the run game was great the offensive line was great even the special teamers were great that's something we lacked most of this year and it took Prescott going back to his old self trying to run the football moving around the pocket having in confidence limiting his mistakes in order for this team to get to 12 wins and sure CD lamb deserves a pat on the back for making himself into a true #1 elite wide receiver but he didn't do it alone.... Because I remember CD lamb not getting the football a lot when Prescott was out even the games he missed you saw automatically when Prescott came back CDS numbers exploded from where they were while he was injured....​
So let me drop my line without Prescott we would not win six games you know like in 2020 where was CD lamb blowing up that year after Prescott went down for the year did he not bring us to the playoffs that year it takes the quarterback first then you fill in around him and people around here can hate Prescott all they want we might end up being that 5-6 win team once he leaves here and we search for the next great qb..​

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak on or off I dont care..as a #1 WR for this franchise wearing #88 you dont quit..its embarrassing to the damn jersey..Dak sucked the answer is not "I'll go ahaead and suck too, then im gonna pout and let my momma speak my mind.." Irvin should demand CD switch numbers..embarrassing behavior from a grown arss man...Dak sucked that doesnt excuse the other players for sucking..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dez would have handled it better. Right X? :muttley:
i don't know of any wide receivers that handle it better when snaps go down or they losing games, We've seen terrell owens, michael irvin, Antonio brown,. aj brown, Keyshawn Johnson, Dez, and other to name few of many wrs wanting THE dam ball all the time..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak on or off I dont care..as a #1 WR for this franchise wearing #88 you dont quit..its embarrassing to the damn jersey..Dak sucked the answer is not "I'll go ahaead and suck too, then im gonna pout and let my momma speak my mind.." Irvin should demand CD switch numbers..embarrassing behavior from a grown arss man...Dak sucked that doesnt excuse the other players for sucking..
100:popcorn::hammer:theres still something of a mystery with CD was lie this from the first series so how did it have anything to do with frustration setting in at that point? maybe he was mad at the D whatever it weas how do you miss all those catches and get into mood that early?

Creeper

Reaction score
It seemed obvious after all of his meltdowns that Dak was going to start forcing the ball to him.

Etc...
I have to admit I am concerned about CeeDee. I think he is a great player and when they can get him the ball good things happen. But offenses should be designed to spread the ball around. The defense cannot assume the ball is going to one guy all the time. This offense has always functioned best when Dak spreads the ball around. And, yes, it looks like when CeeDee complains Dak forces the ball in his direction.

It is curious how CeeDee has not spoken publicly about what has been said about Dak. Does he share his mom's opinions on Dak? I think Jerry will try to extend him this year. If CeeDee refuses an extension we will know where his head is at. Then we need to trade him and get some thing for him before he leaves via free agency after next year.

Robster8989

Reaction score
Lamb's pouting, and having his head out of the GB game early was very disappointing, and surprising.
Yes, there is enough blame to go around.
The defense was atrocious. 2 foolish defensive penalties on the very first drive showed how unprepared they were and helped the Packers jump out to the lead they never relinquished.
Dak looked like a deer in headlights, again.
On CeeDee, look at how the Niners handled their first half adversity compared to the Cowboys.
Niners came out with purpose in the 2nd half, Cowboys and CeeDee quit.
CeeDee's pouting was embarrassing as a long time Cowboys fan.
Look at how Aikman/Irvin handled adversity to compare. Dedicated, sense of purpose, make adjustments, win the game.
These Cowboys quit.
Our coaching is so evidently unprepared, yet Jerry made the instant decision to run it all back.
Disgusting.
This organization is rotten, from the top down.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The defense was atrocious. 2 foolish defensive penalties on the very first drive showed how unprepared they were and helped the Packers jump out to the lead they never relinquished.
On CeeDee, look at how the Niners handled their first half adversity compared to the Cowboys.
Look at how Aikman/Irvin handled adversity to compare. Dedicated, sense of purpose, make adjustments, win the game.
These Cowboys quit.
Our coaching is so evidently unprepared, yet Jerry made the instant decision to run it all back.
Disgusting.
100%

SlammedZero

Reaction score
There is no excuse for Dak on that Green Bay game.

Yes, the defense was absolutely horrid. Still, the offense had their chances with the ball, and Dak couldn't hit a moving semi on the field. He was sailing passes all over.

Let's look at the common denominator of all these big game losses. Ok, add the two.........carry the one........yeah the math tells me it's Dak. He can't handle the pressure. The math doesn't lie.

Cmac

Reaction score
Yea, CD caused Dak to throw 2 picks down by 2+ TDs
How many careers is Dak going to ruin now? Witten, Dez, Cooper, Beasley, and now CD I guess.
Witten? How'd he get in the "being ruined" category? Blake Jarwin's development was stifled by our TE coming out of retirement AFTER the draft and afraid to do what the Raiders did to Witt.

Cmac

Reaction score
I blame all of them. and mostly I blame Jerry. as the GM he is responsible to build a team. Dak is what he is. as the QB he catches all the heat. but CD was mentally weak. Parsons was a no show. podcast and all. Bell shouldn't be a LB, the GM didn't have proper LBs on the team. we could have signed FA Hargrove, instead chose hankins. the GM has failed. past 8 years it was Dak. the prevous 8 years was Romo, and Bledsoe and so on. 28 years people. 28 years of continued post season failure. coaches have come and gone. MM. Garrett, Wade, Parcells and on and on and on.

as long as Jerry is the GM this team will not succeed. the maximum success is regular season. many will rejoice.
Preach. 28 years?.....I thought the other 9 years was supposed to vanish in the history of futility.

blueblood70

Reaction score
These Cowboys quit.
Disgusting.
How can you say they quit ? I get all those points they all make sense except for that one gets this they were already underneath an avalanche in the first half and couldn't figure out a way to dig it out they didn't quit they had no answer...especially on defense.

that answer started with bad coaching decisions from the lions...passing on 2 fgs mistakes started happening and it allowed the 9ers a crack to get back in it..p[ackers never let up never gave us chance,,thats not quitting that il step on your neck and not let up..

Ozymandias

Reaction score
These Cowboys quit.
Disgusting.
I couldn't have said it better. Shameful stuff. Sad thing is, it probably will keep on going as we have seen this franchise is fine with it smh

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score

Etc...
the first pick was throwing a forced slant to Cooks. the second smallest receiver on the field.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I have to admit I am concerned about CeeDee. I think he is a great player and when they can get him the ball good things happen. But offenses should be designed to spread the ball around. The defense cannot assume the ball is going to one guy all the time. This offense has always functioned best when Dak spreads the ball around. And, yes, it looks like when CeeDee complains Dak forces the ball in his direction.

It is curious how CeeDee has not spoken publicly about what has been said about Dak. Does he share his mom's opinions on Dak? I think Jerry will try to extend him this year. If CeeDee refuses an extension we will know where his head is at. Then we need to trade him and get some thing for him before he leaves via free agency after next year.
as much as i'd like to agree with all that that doesn't work in every situation. most top qbs have single top target. They do spread it around but it will NEVER be even, jeez:facepalm:..

that like saying a RBBC and WRRBC is better then finding a true #1...NOT!

Aikman to Irvin with Smith and novacheck SAY HELLO.. anyone to TO, young and Montana to rice or TO...romo to Dez or TO, to name sure does come up a lot. the #2s rarely got the ball. the triplet thing works for many teams. the OTHER guys CANT eat IF teams know they can spread coverage and stop them ALL easily.

that committee crap works less than you think. Having a target machine like lamb draws coverage and then the OTHER guys eat but most teams design an offense to get the ball to their stars, period. No debate,

Its starts with top WR, RB and TE paired with good to great QB...withou8t that defenses eat those offenses up.

IMHO quarterbacks do force balls to their top targets all throughout history...most are so good even doubled they catch balls.. its not really forcing in a bad way. once they do shut them down and leave 1on1 , those players have to get open and here they have poor separation rates have not been good....see 2022 those INT were from trying too spread the ball around and players creating more issues than its worth.

remember 2018 before cooper, sad looking offense with no clear #1..