I blame Cowboys Fans

TheCritic

Reaction score
Tha was harsh, old boy.
We the manly men fans of the Cowboys Empire do share some of the blame.
We are like addicts. Glomming onto every snippet of news -- Tyrus Wheat had tenderness in his ankle, Tank makes renewed commitment , tha kind of drivel and buying merch.
But you chaps know this.
So drink the kool-ade and accept, as always, mediocrity.
LOL I like it!

cowboyed

Reaction score
We have enough Blame Dak, Blame Jethro threads. How about a Blame Cowboys Fans thread?

All you hear about is the Jones family being in it for the money and are not serious about winning another SB. But isn't it Cowboys fans who financially enable the Jones family and their so-called dysfunctional behavior?

For once, I would like to see a Cowboys fan look in the camera and apologize to the world for financing the madness. Take some responsibility for a change.
Sounds a little over the top to me. I see no need for fans to apologize or take responsibility to induce a change that would be equivalent to a flea mounting and back-dooring an elephant. Have you looked into whatever camera and apologized and how did that work out for you? If you did and it was cathartic well good on you. No doubt the Chiefs fans are happier than most of us these days but it took 50 YEARS for them to start winning a Super Bowl again until relatively recently. I am sick of the Jones duet and am disappointed that we haven't had more success in the post season for almost several decades.

But I don't feel so self-important as a Cowboys fan to go to the extremes that you are advocating. Been a Cowboys fan around 35+ years and even got to know Cowboys players who hung around what was the Irving Athletic Club (near Dallas) when I was playing serious competitive racquetball during the late 80s to almost late 90s. The Cowboys and other teams had a racquetball league going during the off-season for several years and hung out at the restaurant, gym, and the Irving Athletic Club even had an indoor running track. Great memories.

TheCritic

Reaction score
But I don't feel so self-important as a Cowboys fan to go to the extremes that you are advocating.
It would not be self-important to suggest that Cowboys fans take some responsibility for enabling the behavior of the Jones family. Unusual maybe, I'll give you that.

TheCritic

Reaction score
What's the name of this site? By being here, aren't you indirectly supporting Jerry Jones and the Cowboys?
:muttley:
Since I was the one who was brave enough to bring up and acknowledge that Cowboys fans have some ownership in the 28/29 year drought, the powers that be have granted me immunity. I don't take any special pride as any one of you could have done the same, but I just happen to be the first to step forward on the matter.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Listen boy!!
I was the one who started this thread. Now you mind your manners or GIT!!
i hope this help or seek help, holding onto 28+ years and complaining about something that hasnt changed, most likely wont change quickly enough for many, and letting it bother you this deeply.

Please,

" grant yourself the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference
."

This is sports ,you have choice, you are not captive ,this is not a life priority, let it GO! or find another hobby or passion. :popcorn:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Since I was the one who was brave enough to bring up and acknowledge that Cowboys fans have some ownership in the 28/29 year drought, the powers that be have granted me immunity. I don't take any special pride as any one of you could have done the same, but I just happen to be the first to step forward on the matter.
LOL

So what do you propose to do to fix the problem?

:popcorn:

TheCritic

Reaction score
i hope this help or seek help, holding onto 28+ years and complaining about something that hasnt changed, most likely wont change quickly enough for many, and letting it bother you this deeply.

Please,

" grant yourself the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference
."

This is sports ,you have choice, you are not captive ,this is not a life priority, let it GO! or find another hobby or passion. :popcorn:
Sheesh...I like it better when you just leave your phone mic on and just post your ramblings.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sheesh...I like it better when you just leave your phone mic on and just post your ramblings.
too bad, public forum, open to all... sorry im not piling on your hate train hauling that payload of negativity... Im not stepping to your side of this fake internet protest and wont carry a pitchfork and torch for ya.. :oldcouple: :muttley:

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
not my phone my PC..LOL

here,

And I've said this before you're picking on the wrong person, this is very simple, you blame the NFL... they created parity, they promised all 32 teams ,built equally with all billionaires,

that if they joined the shield, that they would make sure, no matter what the prodcut they put out,

the stadiums would be full and the fans would be drawn in, because that's what they market all 32 owners are here to make a profit, the NFL are the ones that keeping everybody relative,

I already pointed it out as bad as the Cleveland Browns has been they're not having problems with attendance either... you can't blame the fans you can't blame Jerry this is a corporation it's a business, their job is to make money, making money means selling the fans on the NFL, and this is what's going on here again it's parity.

And I've also said this before if it were so normal for teams to be on a roll, stacking Super Bowl wins, or appearances,

they'd all be doing it ,

but they don't... it's typically like this since 1989 the Dallas Cowboys are one of three teams that have three or more championships, the other two would be the dynasties ohh the Kansas City Chiefs and prior to the New England Patriots,

this stuff comes in cycles and we will have our day again it just takes time it took the chiefs 52 years in between their Super Bowl wins, it happens, there are teams with one Super Bowl win since 1960 you all act like this is something Jerry created , this is sports things come in cycles and if you don't like it you have a choice to get off this train you just choose me negative and you don't like us pointing out the truth...

No one's claiming Jerry Jones is perfect or one of the best GM's and owners in the league although he still can beat top ten in both because, we are a top six team we are relative, and the league continues to give the Dallas Cowboys the maximum amount of prime-time games and the scheduling to make sure they are the biggest draw because they get the biggest ratings. It is why just about every social media content creator every social media sportswriter and every sports channel on all the networks make sure someone has a story about the Dallas Cowboys it's always clickbait it is what is a draw and Jerry Jones didn't do this by himself...

It neither did just the fans the NFL is a what I don't even know what it's worth $100 billion entity that 32 teams signed up and they know that the NFL is going to make sure they continue to grow and the salary cap grows, the profits grow ,​
so BLAME the NFL if you're looking for someone to blame... the fans are not jumping off the bandwagon because most are not bandwagon fans what is the TV contracts it's the NFL steadily over the last couple of decades making sure that this keeps growing they are not going to have a bunch of empty seats and stadiums because even the teams who are far below the Dallas Cowboys which would be a lot of them probably 25 maybe 28 depending on your viewpoint they're filling their stadiums as well... they're not winning anything..​
the Cleveland Browns I keep bringing up because they're one of the worst teams in the league the last 30 years and they haven't won squat but they're still being marketed people are still buying their jerseys and people are still buying their games so stop trying to find someone to blame but yourself you can stop watching it anytime.​

Because Rockport is right you all just talking about the Cowboys here turning and watching the game are part of this alleged problem of the people to blame which look in the mirror it starts with you...LOL

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
We have enough Blame Dak, Blame Jethro threads. How about a Blame Cowboys Fans thread?

All you hear about is the Jones family being in it for the money and are not serious about winning another SB. But isn't it Cowboys fans who financially enable the Jones family and their so-called dysfunctional behavior?

For once, I would like to see a Cowboys fan look in the camera and apologize to the world for financing the madness. Take some responsibility for a change.
I quit buying merchandise years ago.

coult44

Reaction score

The real question is how many Cowboys fans actually don’t spend a penny. I mean other than merch, what do you really spend on the team? Most fans here do not spend a nickel. Someone had a lil last year that asked how many games you go to, or do you buy the ticket? If all you do is watch them on free tv, you really shouldn’t complain about anything. You’re not paying for service or goods. You’re freeloading and demanding something in return.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The real question is how many Cowboys fans actually don’t spend a penny. I mean other than merch, what do you really spend on the team? Most fans here do not spend a nickel. Someone had a lil last year that asked how many games you go to, or do you buy the ticket? If all you do is watch them on free tv, you really shouldn’t complain about anything. You’re not paying for service or goods. You’re freeloading and demanding something in return.
If you watch on TV, over free air or not, your lining Jerry’s pockets.

TheCritic

Reaction score
No such thing as a free lunch, economics 101. You watch TV, sponsors get paid. Sponsors pay the NFL as well as individual teams including Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I try to hurt them financially whereever i can.

Does that suffice to get me off the blame train?