I blame Cowboys Fans

TheCritic

Reaction score
It was a spontaneous rant but i don't type, i use talk to text.. i hope that clears it up for you. but its better than a regurgitated nonsense about protests and fan/owner blaming. I hope that sums it up for ya, no internet rant and call for torches and pitchfork type protest will keep REAL fans from buying gear, people buying tickets, and cheering on their teams..

that ship has sailed ,as i explained, look around sports and the NFL.I mean its not enough right but the browns to use single shorter example no division titles since 1989, they have a fans base that fills stadiums, wears gear and supports their team

"The Cleveland Browns have won many championships as a franchise but no Super Bowls. Cleveland won a championship in its inaugural NFL season in 1950 and again in 1954, 1955 and 1964. However, it's been tough sledding since then – the Browns have never even appeared in a Super Bowl." remind me if i'm wrong hasn't this team had several owners GM's coaches and even moved and restarted several times? has it worked?? lmao umm ok. ironically enough they seem to still be filling up their stadium.hmmm.

if you're looking for someone to blame look in the mirror it's fans like you that continue to be upset but stay around trying to drag others real fans down.. go away switch teams stop following anything that is associated with the Dallas Cowboys name. Good luck hard to get away from Cowboys talk its on every SM , internet and sports show as its the leading topic to get ratings, content and clickbait.

lets start with you...I blame you and all fans like you. Just MOVE ON ALREADY!!
LOL you sound like the women on The View. Just relax!

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL you sound like the women on The View. Just relax!
and you sound like the person in the back who do the mains hair& makeup. The wannbes critiquing the pros as if they could do better.. .Back in your lane Critic, you got out critiqued!!

TexasBacon

Reaction score
We have enough Blame Dak, Blame Jethro threads. How about a Blame Cowboys Fans thread?

All you hear about is the Jones family being in it for the money and are not serious about winning another SB. But isn't it Cowboys fans who financially enable the Jones family and their so-called dysfunctional behavior?

For once, I would like to see a Cowboys fan look in the camera and apologize to the world for financing the madness. Take some responsibility for a change.

Those of us die-hard enough to follow every roster move, debate contracts, etc., are a fraction of a fraction of the people who attend games, buy themselves/others jerseys and merch, etc. Half the people go to games as a status symbol, why do you think we rarely have homefield advantage? Especially when it comes to ticket sales, going to see your favorite team beat the Cowboys is a great vacation so Jerry doesn't even have to worry about selling tickets to Cowboys fans exclusively, the stands are often embarrassingly half and half because of how hated we are by every other fanbase. If we were a smaller market team like any of the NFC North or South teams then maybe we could actually talk with our wallets, but the Cowboys are too big to fail, sadly.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
What's the name of this site? By being here, aren't you indirectly supporting Jerry Jones and the Cowboys?
:muttley:

plasticman

Reaction score
If the Dallas Cowboys are your drug of choice, then Jerry Jones is the only dealer in town.

He started out with premium quality back in the early 90's. That's what got a lot of us hooked. However, as seasons pass, he keeps giving us a "cut" version. It has only a small percentage of potency, just enough to keep us all coming back.

Jerry knows we are constantly searching for that premium rush of old, and each year he tells us that this new quality is just as good as back in the 90's. However, once again, we suffer diminishing returns.

I keep telling myself I'm going to check into Dallas Cowboys Anonymous but I lack the fortitude.

ArtClink

Reaction score
dude i said what i said and it no it's not nothing to do about drugs and alcohol.

is that your comeback for anybody that has a differing opinion and posts as fan with passion?

what gets me going is reading these pathetic whining posts and being caffeine induced.

if you're looking for someone to blame look in the mirror it's fans like you that continue to be upset but stay around trying to drag others real fans down.. go away, switch teams, stop following anything that is associated with the Dallas Cowboys name.

Good luck hard to get away from Cowboys talk its on every SM , internet and sports show as its the leading topic to get ratings, content and clickbait.

lets start with you...I blame you and all fans like you. Just MOVE ON ALREADY!!
Well, I guess our 29 year playoff issues are all my fault. I never should have enabled Jerry, Giggles, or bought my wife a pair of Gene Jones Jeans ...

rambo2

Reaction score
We have enough Blame Dak, Blame Jethro threads. How about a Blame Cowboys Fans thread?

All you hear about is the Jones family being in it for the money and are not serious about winning another SB. But isn't it Cowboys fans who financially enable the Jones family and their so-called dysfunctional behavior?

For once, I would like to see a Cowboys fan look in the camera and apologize to the world for financing the madness. Take some responsibility for a change.
Seriously, they just won the division and have won 12 games 3 years in a row. Seriously, they are good.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How? If I don't watch commercials, don't pay for TV and don't buy Cowboys/NFL merchandise...
The networks account for a certain percentage such as yourself and add that to the viewership counts. The more viewership counts, the bigger the contracts.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Ahh "Blame the fans"... Love when that shark gets jumped. Same thing is happening with Disney, blaming the fans for not liking their terrible shows. It's the fans fault because the writing and productions suck. Same for sports, its the fans fault because Dak goes out and poo's his pants in a heavily favored Wild Card game. Hilarious. Fans become "fans" of something because it was once GOOD.
Exactly and longtime fans have a right to complain after the terrible playoff results while watching the fuhrer repeat the same failed micromanagement model every year somehow expecting different results.

Until we win a div playoff game, all Cowboys fans should be disgruntled.

morat1959

Reaction score
:hammer:

That’s exactly how I feel about this place. I’ve been here for almost 20 years, and this place used to be a great forum with great discussions.

Lately it’s just a moan fest from a few over entitled “fans” who are interested more in collecting likes that have run this place down to what it is now.
Jerry loves you.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is, or was, a brilliant business man. He bought the Cowboys at their lowest, and he made them relevant again. He changed the NFL marketing and has made millions, if not billions, for all the owners. He’s in the HOF because of what he’s done for the league and its employees as much or more than for 3 Super Bowls. The only apology he owes us is for his failure as a GM for a decade or more. He has actually surrounded himself with enough good people that he has succeeded as a GM in the past decade or more. No, we haven’t won a SB or even had success in the playoffs, but the Cowboys have been a consistently good team and a successful one. That’s why the team is worth so much money now, not because fans stuff his pockets for cash while he puts a garbage product on the field.

Most fans of the Dallas Cowboys love the team and support them win or lose. No apologies needed. We love our team, its players, the games, the merchandise. It’s not our responsibility or ability to change anything.
Absolutely not true.

I’ve been a fan since 1966. I cried as a little boy over the Ice Bowl. It took me a week to get past The Catch. I’ve traveled the country and spent tens of thousands of dollars on the team. I’ve hung out with Troy and Emmitt and Michael and dated a cheerleader. The Cowboys were the love of my life but not anymore.

Jerry doesn’t deserve my unconditional fandom. So no I don’t love the team as it is now under Jerry’s utter disgraceful ownership. Follow yes - love no.

By the way - I’m not alone. You’d be surprised.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exactly and longtime fans have a right to complain after the terrible playoff results while watching the fuhrer repeat the same failed micromanagement model every year somehow expecting different results.

Until we win a div playoff game, all Cowboys fans should be disgruntled.
Nothing wrong with complaining but every day, every thread and every post? Not healthy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Tha was harsh, old boy.
We the manly men fans of the Cowboys Empire do share some of the blame.
We are like addicts. Glomming onto every snippet of news -- Tyrus Wheat had tenderness in his ankle, Tank makes renewed commitment , tha kind of drivel and buying merch.
But you chaps know this.
So drink the kool-ade and accept, as always, mediocrity.