I blame Cowboys Fans

GMO415

Reaction score
We have enough Blame Dak, Blame Jethro threads. How about a Blame Cowboys Fans thread?

All you hear about is the Jones family being in it for the money and are not serious about winning another SB. But isn't it Cowboys fans who financially enable the Jones family and their so-called dysfunctional behavior?

For once, I would like to see a Cowboys fan look in the camera and apologize to the world for financing the madness. Take some responsibility for a change.
Look no further OP.
200w.gif

TWOK11

Reaction score
I blame management for letting this board turn into a mindless mob. There was a time when discussion here was different from what you’d hear from the casuals in the stadium parking lot. Not anymore, and it’s a shame because it’s only a handful of posters who were given free rein to make it happen. It wouldn’t have been hard to stop them from dragging everyone down to their level.

ArtClink

Reaction score
We have enough Blame Dak, Blame Jethro threads. How about a Blame Cowboys Fans thread?

All you hear about is the Jones family being in it for the money and are not serious about winning another SB. But isn't it Cowboys fans who financially enable the Jones family and their so-called dysfunctional behavior?

For once, I would like to see a Cowboys fan look in the camera and apologize to the world for financing the madness. Take some responsibility for a change.
Correction: Some Cowboy fans continue to buy merch, SWAG, and game tickets but I stopped buying Cowboys merch 15 years ago.

ArtClink

Reaction score
I blame you for not noticing the normalcy in which sports work,

they don't expect perfection, they don't expect things that make your fandom that comes with attachments....

literally you watch your favorite teams for the love of the game, you love them no matter what, it's like your child you may be mad at them sometimes, you may even have to punish them sometimes, you know like not go see a game here and there or turn the game off early and throw things at the TV but literally you are either delusional and lost.

you have to take a look around at all sports,

let's start with the NFL....

You do realize that when you look at the top attendance records in the NFL almost everybody selling out with some of the top teams where the Dallas Cowboys are in the top five all the time usually number one however not far behind are the New York Giants and The Jets they fill up that stadium over there in New Jersey on a regular basis and exactly what have they done? I mean not just their history but what have they done lately? You mean teams that were stumping on a regular basis in our own division are sure are filling up stadiums an awful lot.​
You thinking that there should be conditions to be a fan like win a Super Bowl or else win more NFC championship games or else but that's not how it goes if you're that type of fan you're a bandwagon fan everybody realize there's a cycle not everybody's going to win a Super Bowl every year there's only one team standing and typically there's a dynasty that are winning most of the Super bowls over a decade every once in a while there's a team that comes out of nowhere and wins one but then they just sit back the Dallas Cowboys are still filling stadiums because they're winning regular season games they're winning division titles..
How is it the fans fault that somehow the NFL looks at the Dallas Cowboys and gives them the maximum amount of primetime games and all these three games in 12 day scenarios sometimes twice they literally are an attraction so the Cowboys themselves are talked about on every station in every aspect of social media looking for clickbait and ratings and somehow you're blaming the fans or Jerry Jones this is part of a business that you typically the number one thing is about money all businesses especially giant billion dollar corporations under $100 billion umbrella, their goal is to fill seats..And the NFL on the whole is doing that...​
But somehow this notion that somehow if we boycott games that nobody else is going to fill the seats that's some corporate entity is going to buy them up and give them out to employees, they will fill the stadium enough that you will not notice there's people missing all around the NFL..
Go look at the attendance record somebody a few months ago post it there are teams that would be shocking that they fill up stadiums they won squat ever I mean how does the Buffalo Bill stand to be around there team when they've been nothing but disappointing The Super bowl wins I mean how could you do that why don't they move cities I think they should move..lol​
now let's take a look at the rest of the league like the sports around us here in DFW,​
there are three professional teams that have the word Dallas in their name and one that says Texas they all are from this area the Texas Rangers have won one single championship since 1970 and yet those games filled up enough to keep them in business for 52 years until they finally won one.. That would be the Dallas Stars and the Dallas Mavericks they only have one title each, I mean I don't know what your point is you have three teams that only have three titles in the same time frame that Jerry has three..​

if you're putting conditions and attaching certain demands before you remain a fan you are a bandwagon fan , most fans who by the way don't go to games on a regular basis you do realize there's only 90,000 seats in that stadium and there's probably 100 million cowboy fans in the world.

they literally take turns filling up the stadium you're not going to affect the game like you could in the 70s if you wanted to wear bags over your head not show up and then the games were blacked out there will be no more blackouts... When's the last time you heard of a team being blacked out? I mean this goes for the other teams there are teams that are not winning very often and yet they're fans go to see them anyway they're fans are excited to go watch them and the fact that the Dallas Cowboys have won 36 games two division titles been in the playoffs three straight years but been to the playoffs 5xs in the last eight years and are continually showing up on prime time is why the stadiums are still filling up...

I mean what is the use scenario done just so I can finish this argument the Houston Texans Oilers and the Tennessee Titans have never won a title and the Houston Texans and I know they haven't been around forever haven't even been to an AFC championship game I don't believe or they haven't won one I mean exactly why are they filling their stadiums?​

Why is this always a Jerry Jones 28 year what have you done for me lately we need to boycott and we're up in arms why don't you take a look at the landscape of the NFL and you'll find out the Dallas Cowboys recently or top six team and they have been for a while yes we want more but most of us don't put conditions on our fandom...

You're allowed to be frustrated you're allowed to be upset you're allowed to do whatever you want and scream from the rooftops but that doesn't change the way you are a fan why do we need to be held accountable for keeping the Dallas Cowboys afloat when the rest of the sports world does the same thing no matter what?

I truly think this is the most ridiculous narrative and mindset I could ever see from a fan that somehow you think other fans should show accountability and just stop being a fan stop showing up for games when all of sports is not built that way there's a reason we call bandwagon fans just that they will only show support when their team is winning and not just winning but you're saying got to win championships well let me get this state the Dallas Cowboys since 1989 or only one of three teams in that time frame that have three titles or more the other two are the Kansas City Chiefs can you ring the patriots and the Dallas Cowboys still top three all time in Super Bowl wins after all this time...​
That should answer your question that's why the stadiums are still filling up which includes the Dallas Cowboys and until the league is at a point where it's desperate that's only reason, you're going to see fans stop going to games but look at the economy, you would think with inflation and covid and all this other crazy stuff that people would stop going to games, yet they havent..​
Have you been drinking again lol?

blueblood70

Reaction score
LOL please tell me you've been working on this rant for a while and this is not some spontaneous bag of wind. Because if you just typed that, uhhhhh wowwwwwww!!!!!
It was a spontaneous rant but i don't type, i use talk to text.. i hope that clears it up for you. but its better than a regurgitated nonsense about protests and fan/owner blaming. I hope that sums it up for ya, no internet rant and call for torches and pitchfork type protest will keep REAL fans from buying gear, people buying tickets, and cheering on their teams..

that ship has sailed ,as i explained, look around sports and the NFL.I mean its not enough right but the browns to use single shorter example no division titles since 1989, they have a fans base that fills stadiums, wears gear and supports their team

"The Cleveland Browns have won many championships as a franchise but no Super Bowls. Cleveland won a championship in its inaugural NFL season in 1950 and again in 1954, 1955 and 1964. However, it's been tough sledding since then – the Browns have never even appeared in a Super Bowl." remind me if i'm wrong hasn't this team had several owners GM's coaches and even moved and restarted several times? has it worked?? lmao umm ok. ironically enough they seem to still be filling up their stadium.hmmm.

if you're looking for someone to blame look in the mirror it's fans like you that continue to be upset but stay around trying to drag others real fans down.. go away switch teams stop following anything that is associated with the Dallas Cowboys name. Good luck hard to get away from Cowboys talk its on every SM , internet and sports show as its the leading topic to get ratings, content and clickbait.

lets start with you...I blame you and all fans like you. Just MOVE ON ALREADY!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Have you been drinking again lol?
dude i said what i said and it no it's not nothing to do about drugs and alcohol.

is that your comeback for anybody that has a differing opinion and posts as fan with passion?

what gets me going is reading these pathetic whining posts and being caffeine induced.

if you're looking for someone to blame look in the mirror it's fans like you that continue to be upset but stay around trying to drag others real fans down.. go away, switch teams, stop following anything that is associated with the Dallas Cowboys name.

Good luck hard to get away from Cowboys talk its on every SM , internet and sports show as its the leading topic to get ratings, content and clickbait.

Forneymike

Reaction score

20% or less of the Revenue this team generates is from the tickets and concessions and merchandise. The biggest piece of revenue is from the TV contracts the league gets so if you are serious about imposing your penalty on the Cowboys, quit watching the NFL. Go golf or fish and do it on principle. If you watch an NFL game, you should post an apology

Swanny

Reaction score

2000% correct. Cowboys fans are too loyal. Bandwagon fans are important and Cowboys fans are loyal to a fault.

There is zero reason for Jerry to change. Fans hate it but money is all that matters in any business. The NFL and the Cowboys are a business. Fans like to think winning matters but in reality all that matters is $$$. Money= winning in business.

blueblood70

Reaction score
20% or less of the Revenue this team generates is from the tickets and concessions and merchandise. The biggest piece of revenue is from the TV contracts the league gets so if you are serious about imposing your penalty on the Cowboys, quit watching the NFL. Go golf or fish and do it on principle. If you watch an NFL game, you should post an apology
yeah, and even that approach will take about 10 years or more to even be a drop in the bucket to affect filling up NFL stadiums and keeping people from watching.... Why do fans not understand that the NFL is like $100 billion entity they're the ones promoting all 32 teams to make sure that it stays relative they're the ones putting the Dallas Cowboys on prime time they're the ones making sure that all the news stories somehow have 6° of separation to get back to talking about the Cowboys I mean the Cowboys are winning it may not be where the fans expectations land every year because we'd like to be in a Super Bowl hell we would love it the very minimum to be back in an NFC championship game but the fan base it's not going to be able to affect the NFL right now...

You do realize that's what the owners pay this is a club I mean they signed up for the NFL every single owner are billionaires and how many times over I don't know but with the salary cap it makes most of them equal but when they pay their dues to be part of the NFL the NFL are the ones who are making sure that this marketing machine stays going the way it is they're the ones who will need to be affected the NFL would have to be as a whole driven down at a popularity before the revenue get smaller therefore the contracts will simply get smaller less new stadiums would be built but I guess what I'm betting the league still stays afloat and still puts people in the stands...​
Like I said it would take a very very long time it's the same buildup it took for the NFL to get where they're at as one of the most popular and thriving sports in America to have them fall it would be a gradual and long term fall all this nonsense about this somehow being a Jerry Jones thing it's not true he literally is part of the big club the club is driving this the club is the NFL...

Of course Jerry could do things slightly differently but I've already posted many times and I get tired of it there are teams around the NFL just Speaking of like the Cleveland Browns who haven't even won a division title since 1989 and they're still filling seats they still have a fan base if that's not eye opening enough to allow these people starting these threads about how they need to protest somehow and change the way Jerry thinks it's not true Jerry's been a top six team in the NFL lately over the last decade still very relevant I don't even know what it is but I bet they're top ten in wins I mean I know looking way back to regular season wins in 2000 a while back they were top ten and I'm betting they moved up from that I mean I know it's more about the playoffs and bigger games for most fans but that is not why fans are fans many fans wait just like they did with the Kansas City Chiefs it was 52 years I mean there's still Eagles fans who have one title in 60 years you're not going to change the way most fans think the only fans that come and go are bandwagon fans...​
Those bandwagon fans will follow the height they'll change teams and a lot of it comes from fantasy football and Madden and all these other analytics that they get involved in online so now they have evolved themselves into liking so many teams because they have players from every team in their league that they don't truly follow one team anymore even though they can claim to be an old Dallas cowboy fan they are bandwagon fans they're not the ones truly passionate no matter the wins or losses that stay with their team that would be the hard core fan.​
And those fans rarely ever are affected they will follow their team they may not buy as much gear they may not go to as many games but you are not stopping those fans from cheering on their team...​
Can I always add this to all the other posts I mean the other three teams in DFW who by the way have done OK in the postseason lately but really that's three teams equal 3 championships amongst them that's it and lastly I always had this since 1989 there only three teams with three or more Super Bowls and that would be the Dallas Cowboys the Kansas City Chiefs and the New England Patriots that's how rarefied air it is to win on a regular basis the thing that this fan base is demanding..​
Don't get me wrong it's OK to demand that it's OK to expect it but when you're trying to organize protests that you think somehow griping and whining 24 hours a day seven days a week 365 days a year about a team you allegedly or a fan of trying to get fans to change the way they approach and that it's gonna somehow affect the Dallas Cowboys and Jerry Jones, it's delusional...​

kskboys

Reaction score
I blame management for letting this board turn into a mindless mob. There was a time when discussion here was different from what you’d hear from the casuals in the stadium parking lot. Not anymore, and it’s a shame because it’s only a handful of posters who were given free rein to make it happen. It wouldn’t have been hard to stop them from dragging everyone down to their level.
Yup. Need hall monitors, people willing to get their hands dirty w/ no care whatsoever about whom they PO.

kskboys

Reaction score
It was a spontaneous rant but i don't type, i use talk to text.. i hope that clears it up for you. but its better than a regurgitated nonsense about protests and fan/owner blaming. I hope that sums it up for ya, no internet rant and call for torches and pitchfork type protest will keep REAL fans from buying gear, people buying tickets, and cheering on their teams..

that ship has sailed ,as i explained, look around sports and the NFL.I mean its not enough right but the browns to use single shorter example no division titles since 1989, they have a fans base that fills stadiums, wears gear and supports their team

"The Cleveland Browns have won many championships as a franchise but no Super Bowls. Cleveland won a championship in its inaugural NFL season in 1950 and again in 1954, 1955 and 1964. However, it's been tough sledding since then – the Browns have never even appeared in a Super Bowl." remind me if i'm wrong hasn't this team had several owners GM's coaches and even moved and restarted several times? has it worked?? lmao umm ok. ironically enough they seem to still be filling up their stadium.hmmm.

if you're looking for someone to blame look in the mirror it's fans like you that continue to be upset but stay around trying to drag others real fans down.. go away switch teams stop following anything that is associated with the Dallas Cowboys name. Good luck hard to get away from Cowboys talk its on every SM , internet and sports show as its the leading topic to get ratings, content and clickbait.

No, sorry, it's not better, it's unreadable.

blueblood70

Reaction score
2000% correct. Cowboys fans are too loyal. Bandwagon fans are important and Cowboys fans are loyal to a fault.

There is zero reason for Jerry to change. Fans hate it but money is all that matters in any business. The NFL and the Cowboys are a business. Fans like to think winning matters but in reality all that matters is $$$. Money= winning in business.
Look you're on to something and it's much more than that but the NFL is driving this not Jerry Jones Jerry Jones is a billionaire amongst 31 other billionaires that are part of a club and the NFL is a club which is a corporation that was built to make sure all 32 teams thrive that is why there's a salary cap that is why there's a lot of parody the way they do and control the schedules and all the marketing hasn't changed one club but the Dallas Cowboys are still prime time in many games they have the highest ratings or the most talked about team in the NFL because we are still winning we're not winning at the expectations of our fan base who want another NFC championship game they won another Super Bowl but when you're top 10 in the last 20 years in regular season wins and when you're top five the last five or six years in regular season wins when you've won 36 games two division titles invented the playoffs three times in the last three years and five times in the last eight years you are actually winning much more than a lot of other teams around the league...

I realize only being top six and continuously being ousted from the playoffs early ,and fans are upset and rightfully so, that doesn't change the fact that Dallas Cowboys are still a big draw.. they are winning games, it is about winning but the way the NFL has set it up teams like the Cleveland Browns who haven't even won a division since 1989 there's barely won anything has no Super Bowls, still fill their stadiums up..

they have a viable fan base, so nothing that the bandwagon fans do to jump on and off or to try to protest the NFL thinking this is on Jerry or our fan base are all wrong they're delusional it will take about a decade or more to gradually affect the NFL to a point, where it affects the bottom line where cap shrink instead of expand , new stadiums are not being built ,and at that time maybe something shifts, and i doubt jerry jones will be around at that time.. but fans will :)

if anyone needs proof of this look at the state of the nfl since covid, the economy, the inflation. hasnt seemed to affect the bottom line at all..

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I've been to 1 game since 2015 and have not bought a single piece of merchandise in that time. Most on the site are the same.

That being said, trying to deflect blame to the fans is lazy. If this was a democracy and we got to elect our GM? Sure, blame the fans, but we essentially live in a football totalitarian dictatorship.

stiletto

Reaction score
Ahh "Blame the fans"... Love when that shark gets jumped. Same thing is happening with Disney, blaming the fans for not liking their terrible shows. It's the fans fault because the writing and productions suck. Same for sports, its the fans fault because Dak goes out and poo's his pants in a heavily favored Wild Card game. Hilarious. Fans become "fans" of something because it was once GOOD.

physeter

Reaction score
:hammer:

That’s exactly how I feel about this place. I’ve been here for almost 20 years, and this place used to be a great forum with great discussions.

Lately it’s just a moan fest from a few over entitled “fans” who are interested more in collecting likes that have run this place down to what it is now.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

We fans keep the Cowboys on top of the Forbes list of most valuable sports teams and we have zero impact on the football operations of this team. For those reasons, you are way off base. I wholeheartedly reject, your premise that the fans could be to blame.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Stockholm Syndrome