I can’t root for Cowboys over Rams

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do to....strangely enough.
I remember watching the camera keep zooming in on his face on thanksgiving. He had the most serious look on his face. It felt like he finally let the "coach clap" get to him. Like the way he went for it on 4th down from our own 20.

Its like watching a wounded animal suffer. It actually makes Jerry seem cruel. Wade Phillips used to break my heart watching him struggle on the sidelines also.

Yeah, it's a weird dynamic with me. I very much know that this failed era needs to end and part of me likes watching the guy stand on the sidelines for three hours with no answers. After all, he's collected about $50 million in salary and wasted plenty of careers "in the process".

But I also feel for the human being twisting in the wind, knowing the ax will soon fall. I'm happy that they will move one, but it's never a glorious day when someone gets fired and families are affected. Garrett might not have kids, but I'm sure those on his staff soon to be out of work do. And it's never great when those families are displaced and have to look for work elsewhere.

It's a conflicting series of emotions for me.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
This season needs to end and we need a head start on a serious head coach search.

There are other teams already interviewing top candidates. (Eg. Carolina) and others ready to pounce (eg. Jets, Giants).

Let’s just move forward. Why the useless delay. The team cannot succeed under the current atmosphere. Once you decide to divorce, you don’t hang around. Move on.

Get off the board then.

Losers root for losses.

erod

Reaction score
I won't be watching. I made other plans.

I never do that, but I'm so disconnected with this unlikable team right now, I don't really even care.

I'm recording and will watch it later.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
How dare you, turn in your fan card immediately lol. I get where you’re coming from and it would probably be better for them to lose and get a better draft pick but me personally when it comes down to game time I can’t root against them. I think we come on here and talk **** but deep down most here want them to win. To each their own

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We’re getting quite a few Rams fans around here these days. They’ll be able to give you a lift onto the welcome wagon. We’ll be happy to welcome you back whenever you can justify rooting for the Cowboys again.

Oh please. We're all counting on you going wherever your hero Garrett winds up so we never have to read your crap again.

That's what we are counting on.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
This season needs to end and we need a head start on a serious head coach search.

There are other teams already interviewing top candidates. (Eg. Carolina) and others ready to pounce (eg. Jets, Giants).

Let’s just move forward. Why the useless delay. The team cannot succeed under the current atmosphere. Once you decide to divorce, you don’t hang around. Move on.
I want a divorce, too.

:thumbup:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh please. We're all counting on you going wherever your hero Garrett winds up so we never have to read your crap again.

That's what we are counting on.

Good for you, stash. We’ll see how that works out for you!

EST_1986

Reaction score
I want us to beat the Rams and make the playoffs.

But I don't think it makes anyone else not a fan if they disagree.
As long as they are routing for something they feel is for the good of the team then they are just as big a fan as anyone else.

I wanted us to lose the year we ended up drafting Aikman. I didnt want Tony Mandarich in dallas.
I want this suffering to end as much as the next guy but once the ball is kicked off, as a fan, I can't root AGAINST the Cowboys regardless of whats going on

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Turncoat. Benedict Arnold. Traitor. Saboteur. Sell out. Back slider. Rat.

Rooting for the Rams is a silver and blue sin. THATS UNFORGIVABLE.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score

This reminds me of the Buffalo game on Thanksgiving. My Uncle cheered on the Bills, as he thought JG would be fired right after if we lost the game. "We win, we win. We lose, JG gets fired. I win either way."
Little did he know, Jerry refuses to fire him :facepalm:. Needless to say, he's disappointed.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for you, stash. We’ll see how that works out for you!

Won't matter much either way, your credibility is already zero. Can't get any lower than that. You can post "echo chamber" as many times as you want, it doesn't make it or any of the rest of your reality twisting tripe anything close to true. The sad fact is that the "echo chamber" you try and fail to dismiss was 100% right and you were 100% wrong. Hang around in disgrace if you want. Be a punching bag.

Sydla

Reaction score
People need to realize this game is largely meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

If we beat the Rams but then lose in Philly, we likely can't make the playoffs unless Philly spits the bit against the Skins or Giants, which they likely won't.

morat1959

Reaction score
Oh gee. Here comes the glee club to tell people who real fans are.

:rolleyes:

And I love the false accusation that I am saying I’m rooting against them. I simply said I can’t root for them. Big difference mental midgets.
It’s JJ’s world and they like living in it. Mediocrity is right up their alley. The perfect fit for JJs Cowboys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rams game likely won't have much impact anyway.

Maybe not in terms of this farce on an NFC East race, but it will only further spotlight this team's collapse when they get trounced again in this death spiral.