I can’t root for Cowboys over Rams

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What I find most amusing is the fans that actually think that Garrett getting fired actually matters to Garrett at all.
Red Ball could care less at this point, Jerry has already stacked JGs bank account fat as the queen cow at a dairy farm.
JG has played his hand perfect, as long as the guilt of being a total failure doesn't burden him, he will live a grand life that
most of us fans will never ever be even close to experiencing.

Last edited:

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
People sell their souls for the almighty dollar all the time in and outside of professional sports.

$$$ > being humiliated, lack of pride, lack of shame, etc

JG is not the first and will not be the last.

Garrett personally after all of this is over? No. He owes me 10 years!

But, given how the team has moved on and is contacting replacements, they should at least have the decency to fire him first. They can say whatever they want, but they're publicly emasculating and humiliating the guy. Does he deserve to be fired? Absolutely, years ago in fact. But I'm not sure about this public humiliation. Even a well known anti-Garrett like me thinks that's a bit classless.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This season needs to end and we need a head start on a serious head coach search.

There are other teams already interviewing top candidates. (Eg. Carolina) and others ready to pounce (eg. Jets, Giants).

Let’s just move forward. Why the useless delay. The team cannot succeed under the current atmosphere. Once you decide to divorce, you don’t hang around. Move on.
well welcome to the Cowboys Fan Zone RAMS FAN... glad you are rooting for the rams..next week what the eagles and the week after the Skins

a Fan you are NOT:facepalm::banghead::oldcouple:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Let's look ahead for a couple weeks and see what happens.

Winning out gives us a January beatdown against Seattle and worse draft position

Losing out gives us a higher draft pick, ensures beyond all doubt that Garrett gets fired, and gets Philly crushed in the playoffs instead.

As fans, I think that having our team tank the next 3 weeks is in our long-term best interest.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be very shocked if that hasn't already started.
Me too. Besides, the odds of being able to sign the ideal long term head coach while the season is still going on is slim. Far and away most candidates already have gigs they are committed to for this season. And there is a very real question about whether a team would want the guy they pick to start of in a situation where he has to work within the current mess and is mostly powerless to do anything about it. There is a strong argument for the guy to start after the season so he can start doing things his way from the day he walks into the Star.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit we're looking at a team that is down and certainly out of their element these days! Being a diehard fan, I'm still committed to this team and will be 'til the day I die. I can't help myself but to watch them anytime they play. That won't change this week nor any week thereafter!
Many of us share your sentiments Bullflop,, and that sounds like a prelude to a funeral speech.
That's sad, that's the state of this entire franchise, from the top to the bottom, and the realization that just firing the HC, really wont change anything, anytime soon.
Firing JG is the obvious action, but hiring even the fan base popular vote like Urban Meyer isn't going to change this culture either, I find that to be totally reaching by a desperate
fan base,,, lets just fire Garrett and hire an Urban Meyer and everything will correct itself.. two decades of bad mistakes just going to get right...lol
Me personally, I will watch every game, despite my dissatisfaction with the entire franchise, its just who I am,, but listening and reading what the general fan base feels, is rather
delusional to tell you the truth.
This team will not get any better because JG gets fired, and Jerry hires a new HC... people, fans... you need to start reading the tea leaves and start waking up to reality.
If your not a true Cowboys diehard, than maybe you should start looking at checking out now, jump ship, lots of other teams to buy there crap, and front run with, because your in for another very long extended period of mediocrity.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's that "losing to ultimately win" idea, like tanking.

And of course, the OP's fanhood must be called into question.

I have one question for those questioning the OP's fanhood. Have you ever seen a franchise like this one in the NFL? The owner plans a set up question on the radio to go on a 3.5 minute explanation of why he is the best choice for the GM. Not even Crazy Al at his craziest does that.

So, if you've never seen anything like this, might non traditional thinking enter into fanhood? What's the first thing you have to consider when considering the Cowboys? The HC? The QB? Or damage control on the GM?

I am hoping the Rams beat them soundly, the Eagles even more soundly and they lose to the Skins to top it off. This season needs to be topped off for this egomaniacal incompetent to realize his team has bottomed out. He must be despondent, embarrassed and willing to at least acquiesce control to the HC on what he should control, the coaches and players.

But here's what's wrong with my thinking, it's deadass wrong. It is not in this person to admit they are the problem, to the contrary, he will think he is the only solution as he "so eloquently" described on the radio interview. And who in the hell do you think controls the questions in those interviews?

So, attack my fanhood, because I two upped the OP with two additional losses because while it is probably wrong, it is my only hope that this team gets fixed. Some like to use the term "locker room cancer" to describe some players but that is reserved for only person on that team and it is terminal. The only way this can get fixed is for him to be gone. And not gone like off on the boat, gone like really gone.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Winning out gives us a January beatdown against Seattle and worse draft position

Losing out gives us a higher draft pick, ensures beyond all doubt that Garrett gets fired, and gets Philly crushed in the playoffs instead.

As fans, I think that having our team tank the next 3 weeks is in our long-term best interest.

Exactly, but I've been saying that for years and got labeled as a 'bad fan' by some. Most of whom are now in lock-step with that same mindset a few years too late, not that they would ever admit it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Many of us share your sentiments Bullflop,, and that sounds like a prelude to a funeral speech.
That's sad, that's the state of this entire franchise, from the top to the bottom, and the realization that just firing the HC, really wont change anything, anytime soon.
Firing JG is the obvious action, but hiring even the fan base popular vote like Urban Meyer isn't going to change this culture either, I find that to be totally reaching by a desperate
fan base,,, lets just fire Garrett and hire an Urban Meyer and everything will correct itself.. two decades of bad mistakes just going to get right...lol
Me personally, I will watch every game, despite my dissatisfaction with the entire franchise, its just who I am,, but listening and reading what the general fan base feels, is rather
delusional to tell you the truth.
This team will not get any better because JG gets fired, and Jerry hires a new HC... people, fans... you need to start reading the tea leaves and start waking up to reality.
If your not a true Cowboys diehard, than maybe you should start looking at checking out now, jump ship, lots of other teams to buy there crap, and front run with, because your in for another very long extended period of mediocrity.

Thanks, Typhus -- It surely isn't a walk in the park to see this team struggling as they are at present but it's all part of being a fan and staying the course. My adult son seems to think I'm crazy for being such an addicted and fanatical follower of this team.

Sometimes, he even gets angry when I talk about them with such a compulsion to do so but I've been following this motley crew since they first came onto the scene in 1960. I'll just blow it off and still consider myself fortunate to have something in my life I really care for.

That's not about to change at this point in time, just because they're down and out in the here and now. I'm fascinated and intrigued with and by everything that happens with them. I might get angry with Jerry and the way he carries on but in the final analysis, he's only human with all the frailties that we, as humans, are all subject to.

I'm pleasured to share the goings-on with this team with you and everyone else on this website. Let's just keep being the fans we are, come what may! It might be tough times right now but that's ok. They'll still give us many days of enjoyment, win or lose, every time they play. :)

Last edited:

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Yes it is, but sort of like having to cut off a foot to save a leg - you won't like it, it's gonna hurt but it's necessary...

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All comes down to thinking it's time the plug was pulled. Some are not willing to give up and feel anything can happen if they makes the playoffs. The Jets game was the wake up call, the BUF and CHI games were the signal it's time to got to sleep for the rest of this season.

The difference in draft position alone is worth the pain of losing, even to the Eagles. And allow me to blaspheme here a little. I saw more fight in that team Monday night than I've seen in the Cowboys all season long and I was going "who in the hell is that guy" a lot for a team to come back like that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It's that "losing to ultimately win" idea, like tanking.

And of course, the OP's fanhood must be called into question.

I have one question for those questioning the OP's fanhood. Have you ever seen a franchise like this one in the NFL? The owner plans a set up question on the radio to go on a 3.5 minute explanation of why he is the best choice for the GM. Not even Crazy Al at his craziest does that.

So, if you've never seen anything like this, might non traditional thinking enter into fanhood? What's the first thing you have to consider when considering the Cowboys? The HC? The QB? Or damage control on the GM?

I am hoping the Rams beat them soundly, the Eagles even more soundly and they lose to the Skins to top it off. This season needs to be topped off for this egomaniacal incompetent to realize his team has bottomed out. He must be despondent, embarrassed and willing to at least acquiesce control to the HC on what he should control, the coaches and players.

But here's what's wrong with my thinking, it's deadass wrong. It is not in this person to admit they are the problem, to the contrary, he will think he is the only solution as he "so eloquently" described on the radio interview. And who in the hell do you think controls the questions in those interviews?

So, attack my fanhood, because I two upped the OP with two additional losses because while it is probably wrong, it is my only hope that this team gets fixed. Some like to use the term "locker room cancer" to describe some players but that is reserved for only person on that team and it is terminal. The only way this can get fixed is for him to be gone. And not gone like off on the boat, gone like really gone.

I hear you loud and clear,, the question is... are you young enough to outlive JJ, possibly even Stephen if the old adage of the apple doesn't fall from the tree is relevant here.
That may be and quite possibly will be what this fan base will be enduring.
This team is Jerrys HOBBY... get that...
The Dallas Cowboys are a Billionaires personal hobby, like stamp collecting, fishing, cooking is for us average people.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, but I've been saying that for years and got labeled as a 'bad fan' by some. Most of whom are now in lock-step with that same mindset a few years too late, not that they would ever admit it.
I was and always will be against losing on purpose; however, I don't think this team can win the next two on purpose so why not?

I am against calling out anyone's fanhood and it is obvious they didn't read the OP's post carefully.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hear you loud and clear,, the question is... are you young enough to outlive JJ, possibly even Stephen if the old adage of the apple doesn't fall from the tree is relevant here.
That may be and quite possibly will be what this fan base will be enduring.
This team is Jerrys HOBBY... get that...
The Dallas Cowboys are a Billionaires personal hobby, like stamp collecting, fishing, cooking is for us average people.
I am not far enough behind him and do not have access to the life extending care that he does but it goes beyond that for me and that is why I am resigned to being the type fan I am, unengaged and unemotional. I don't hink the son is going to be an improvement, at least the old man made his money and made the deal to buy the team to play with it, this clown is nothing but the lucky sperm.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What I find most amusing is the fans that actually think that Garrett getting fired actually matters to Garrett at all.
Red Ball could care less at this point, Jerry has already stacked JGs bank account fat as the queen cow at a dairy farm.
JG has played his hand perfect, as long as the guilt of being a total failure doesn't burden him, he will live a grand life that
most of us fans will never ever be even close to experiencing.

Don't agree, the number of people who aren't affected, at least somewhat, about being fired is very small. No way Garrett took this job just for the money, he was a mediocre player, having a SB win on his resume as a coach would more than make up for that. Money is a great motivator, until you have it, then it loses a lot of it's luster. We as humans are seldom satisfied, if that was the case as soon as Jerry became a millionaire in the oil business he'd have retired and taken it easy. Why is Warren Buffett still playing the stock market, buying companies, etc. since he's already one of the richest men to ever live?

No Garrett will be at the very least mad about being fired, even if he doesn't think it's his fault. But he will care, imho...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was and always will be against losing on purpose; however, I don't think this team can win the next two on purpose so why not?

I am against calling out anyone's fanhood and it is obvious they didn't read the OP's post carefully.

I just laugh at anyone who thinks they wrote the book on "what a fan does". If you want to look and sound like an idiot? Go that route. Tell others "how to fan".

If someone thinks that "tenth time is the charm" and that this team has a chance at winning a Super Bowl, great, good for you. I can't make you smarter and wouldn't waste the time and effort. They probably think Troy or Romo will be the next head coach too.

But I've seen these Garrett pep rally's time and time and time again and the ending is always the same. Nowhere close to winning the big prize.

I just want this same old story to end.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Don't agree, the number of people who aren't affected, at least somewhat, about being fired is very small. No way Garrett took this job just for the money, he was a mediocre player, having a SB win on his resume as a coach would more than make up for that. Money is a great motivator, until you have it, then it loses a lot of it's luster. We as humans are seldom satisfied, if that was the case as soon as Jerry became a millionaire in the oil business he'd have retired and taken it easy. Why is Warren Buffett still playing the stock market, buying companies, etc. since he's already one of the richest men to ever live?

No Garrett will be at the very least mad about being fired, even if he doesn't think it's his fault. But he will care, imho...
Guess that story will be revealed if and when JG is shown the door, I respect your opinion, but I doubt JG has the type of character that you are endorsing.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I am not far enough behind him and do not have access to the life extending care that he does but it goes beyond that for me and that is why I am resigned to being the type fan I am, unengaged and unemotional. I don't hink the son is going to be an improvement, at least the old man made his money and made the deal to buy the team to play with it, this clown is nothing but the lucky sperm.
Sadly agree.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This season needs to end and we need a head start on a serious head coach search.

There are other teams already interviewing top candidates. (Eg. Carolina) and others ready to pounce (eg. Jets, Giants).

Let’s just move forward. Why the useless delay. The team cannot succeed under the current atmosphere. Once you decide to divorce, you don’t hang around. Move on.
Quitters quit. It's what you do. Have at it.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Rest assured, they are. Not openly or honestly mind you, but they are.

Garrett is getting the Dave Campo treatment and worse than what Ron Rivera got. Rivera actually got his walking papers before the Panthers started their search. Garrett gets to squirm, staring the inevitable in the face. I actually feel bad for him in that sense.

I agree. To some extent, Jerry's mind is made up...barring an near impossible post season run, and I do feel bad for Garrett, because Jerry isn't necessarily hiding it. If Jerry's mind was made up, but he was handling this professionally, I'd feel different. But some of his interviews...Oof