Hoofbite

Reaction score
200.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
less entertaining that way!:rolleyes:

ill try hard to infuse them with a little dose of reality.:thumbup:
Hah...I do agree...sometimes....it's a nice time waster.

Just have to know you rarely change anything.
I actually did get changed...and I thank my buddy starfan mostly. :cool:

BigD_95

Reaction score
25 straight seasons of not even reaching a conference title game says otherwise - 20 other teams have played in a SB during that time.

That doesn't mean I think I could do better from my couch. It means a lot of NFL teams are doing better than the Cowboys. That's a fact.

If you're referring to making money, they're good at it. But Jerry's net worth doesn't interest me as a fan.

why stop at 25 straight years like Jerry's years before that didn't happen? How many of those 20 teams have won 3 super bowls? But I guess that doesn't fit the narrative so lets just use the last 25 years.

I'm not defending the original post cause I think as fans we have a right to complain and insulting other peoples knowledge seems silly.

I for one actually like Jerry Jones as the owner and will always support the Cowboys - was there a lot of bad years? Yes. There was also a lot of good years and I do think they have a plan in place now and have been drafting well.

RaZon

Reaction score
That's because I don't pretend to know more than than the professionals on the coaching staff or the people that have dedicated their lives to running football teams. I GUARANTEE the lowest paid assistant coach on ANY pro football team knows more about football than you do. Jerry Jones knows more about football than you do, and that goes for Stephen as well.

But, once again, the dense crowd missed the point. You think professional football is about winning. Winning is nice...I want SBs as much as anybody. Professional sports is an entertainment business. Businesses exist to make money, nothing more and nothing less. I could give you a hundred analogies, but you'd still miss the point.

Is there a better GM than Jones? Of course. There's always someone better. Are there better coaches than MM? Of course. See above.

Are you better at their jobs than they are? What was the last high level job you held in the NFL?

No, you are not. To think that you or anyone else that posts here possess even a thimble full of their knowledge is delusional.

Did Jones miss 7 drug tests? Did he get put on the Covid list? Did he break his foot in practice today? Did he have a compound ankle fracture last year? Did he pull a calf muscle in Tampa? Did he miss a gimme FG and an XP last week or drop 3 passes during the game? No, he did not.

Did he sign one of best O lines in football to long term deals to ensure success running the football to provide a balanced attack? Yes, he did. Did he come down with GB syndrome and lose one of the best centers in the game to early retirement? No, he did not.

Did he draft a HOF QB and RB and win three SBs with them? He did. Was he lucky enough to have Tom Brady fall into his lap and win 6 (NE) by sheer luck? Nope. (lucky they got TB, not that TB is lucky). Did he screw up his relationship with JJ and cost us more SBs? He said he did. I'll take him at his word.

Is Jerry Jones in the HoF? Yes, he is. That wasn't an accident or something that he bought.

You have no idea what I know or don't know about football, and it doesn't matter. It isn't my job to know, and it certainly isn't yours.

Why talk about things you know about guy, ok? Trust me I can hang with anyone in the NFL talking football, been into since the late 50's. So cool the BS, ok? I could walk into any teams meeting room and quiz the coachs, GM, owner on past players who played for that team and get a....who? Hey Jerry talk to me about Amos Marsh, hey Bill talk to me about Ron Burton, yep...historian here. When it comes to the X's and O's, it's real simple.....pressure their QB, protect yours, be able to run, stop the run, win the turnover battle, nothing complex, complicated, it really is just that simple.

One more time...

Tell me something I don't know, love to see it.