I Can't Take It Anymore

Cebrin

Reaction score
Ahhhh the internet. Where you place a room full of strangers in one room (who probably would have never shared the same lunch table in grade school), and expect everyone to get along, share opinions, and values.

Don't let it bother you. Block them or scroll on. Take tylenol for headaches, and Midol for any cramps. Go Cowboys :flagwave:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If we all just make up our minds to enjoy being entertained, rather than expecting winning streaks and championships, we'll all be way happier! ;)

Face it, others here are going to think what they please. The only one who can change your enjoyment of what's happening with your team is you!

The last 25 years have shown that the C'boys' FO's ability to change the fate of the Dallas Cowboys isn't likely to change anytime soon, if at all. o_O

Last edited:

MikeB80

Reaction score
Unless they played three Super Bowls in Texas Stadium and didn't tell nobody I think you're wrong..

those do not count as they are neutral fields.

Even if you wanted to take that stance, then they haven't won a road game since 96 which doesn't make it any better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
To be fair.. I don't think most of the fans who think they know football think they could do a better job doing it part time. I think they (we) believe that given the task of putting in those same 80 hours a week we could have done better. There is no question that they guys who have put in the time for the last several decades are light years ahead of us in terms of intimate knowledge of the NFL game.. That's not really even a question. But I think if somebody was stupid enough to give me a VP of player personnel job and let me learn I would be better at it than Stephen Jones after doing it for 30 years. I feel very confident in that. Not because I'm some football genius.. but I do think I'm more intelligent than Stephen Jones... My daddy just isn't a billionaire who owns the team. My success in business and in life have been owed to my own abilities and hard work.. not having a dad who is a billionaire give me a high paying job.. I don't care if stating that rubs some people the wrong way.. It's just how I feel.. It's not that I think Stephen's an idiot or anything.. I'm pretty sure he's a reasonably intelligent man.. I just think my brain is a hair bigger.. LOL!
ill have to disagree to a point but get the logic behind that statement..

Stephen and jerry do NOT make decisions alone. They have Will MCclay and very large group of advisors, some we don't know their names ie CPAS, lawyers, agents' etc etc and others IE the coaching staff help along the way..the issues here are fans think these guy's sit on throne with scepter and just bark out stupid unchallenged and without thought random orders..

LMAO thats not how this works and thats an issue fans think it does..all teams all gms and all FO members make major league mistakes,

we see it all around the league..i dont see many the last decade that make Cowboys FO any better or worse then the league average..
not making excuses but what we see and hear are under a microscope we follow this team and all news associated with it in real time up to the hour and have a lot more information then say other teams as we aren't playing that much attention and not in their media networks etc

its being way overblown to the mistakes being made around the star/ranch as if they are monkey's running this organization and sorry, i disagree.

ill give you the early years post jimmy 1997-2004 it was horrible truly bad but really hr last 10 years its not that way and fans cant let that go..so what we missed on some draft busts but like those threads stared about Watt etc over taco and? how many other teams also passed on him? 28 by my calculations. Apparently things we aren't privy too were being ladled about Watt and he slid and well PB got Lucky he fell they took him and he turned out great, not always the case..so what they mad few of those mistakes as most teams have..

yes we have overpaid some of OUR GUYS, we've brought in the wrong FAS etc etc so have other teams mistakes are made all over the league very similar to ours it happens in some ways its part of the game..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I HATE trolls and haters......they are pathetic fans. I appreciate your rant.
The trick is to know who the HATERS and TROLLS are....

they aren't just people that disagree with you. But so many lump them in anyway.

As far as OP goes....I think he should start his own board with his own rules. Apparently you have to REALLY know football and business to participate,.

I mean like own, manage and coach your OWN team like he does.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

they aren't just people that disagree with you. But so many lump them in anyway.

As far as OP goes....I think he should start his own board with his own rules. Apparently you have to REALLY know football and business to participate,.

He's talking about the jokers who say the coaches are totally screwed up if they don't put Martin at tackle. I mean what do they know about the nuances of the 2 positions and the players and the opponent they'll be playing? Nothing, yet they act like they do.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I normally don't have issues with fans that disagree....just seems that lately some go out of their way to be negative.....Salud!

kskboys

Reaction score
That's because I don't pretend to know more than than the professionals on the coaching staff or the people that have dedicated their lives to running football teams. I GUARANTEE the lowest paid assistant coach on ANY pro football team knows more about football than you do. Jerry Jones knows more about football than you do, and that goes for Stephen as well.

But, once again, the dense crowd missed the point. You think professional football is about winning. Winning is nice...I want SBs as much as anybody. Professional sports is an entertainment business. Businesses exist to make money, nothing more and nothing less. I could give you a hundred analogies, but you'd still miss the point.

Is there a better GM than Jones? Of course. There's always someone better. Are there better coaches than MM? Of course. See above.

Are you better at their jobs than they are? What was the last high level job you held in the NFL?

No, you are not. To think that you or anyone else that posts here possess even a thimble full of their knowledge is delusional.

Did Jones miss 7 drug tests? Did he get put on the Covid list? Did he break his foot in practice today? Did he have a compound ankle fracture last year? Did he pull a calf muscle in Tampa? Did he miss a gimme FG and an XP last week or drop 3 passes during the game? No, he did not.

Did he sign one of best O lines in football to long term deals to ensure success running the football to provide a balanced attack? Yes, he did. Did he come down with GB syndrome and lose one of the best centers in the game to early retirement? No, he did not.

Did he draft a HOF QB and RB and win three SBs with them? He did. Was he lucky enough to have Tom Brady fall into his lap and win 6 (NE) by sheer luck? Nope. (lucky they got TB, not that TB is lucky). Did he screw up his relationship with JJ and cost us more SBs? He said he did. I'll take him at his word.

Is Jerry Jones in the HoF? Yes, he is. That wasn't an accident or something that he bought.

You have no idea what I know or don't know about football, and it doesn't matter. It isn't my job to know, and it certainly isn't yours.
Actually, the dense one appears to be you. There are several people on this site alone who are much more knowledgeable than Jerry Jones, and it's been proven beyond any doubt.

Dude, Jerry's in the HOF as a businessman. How in the world did you not know this? You really shouldn't be calling others dense when you're not aware of a simple fact such as this.

foofighters

Reaction score
There's a fair number of posters here who know a little about football and the business of football. Unfortunately, they're in the minority.

All the folks who think the front office is poor have no idea what they're talking about. Doesn't pay to argue with them, as they aren't smart enough to understand even the slightest nuance of the discussion.

All the folks who think they can evaluate talent better than the professionals who do it for a living have lost their minds. I'm not talking about the blabbering heads on television who's job it is to get ratings, but the player personnel departments of the multi-billion dollar organizations they represent. Example: The 'We don't know how to draft!' crowd have zero idea how hard it is to evaluate college talent. See: Goff, Wentz, Bradford, PRESCOTT, et al.

It's incredible how few people understand that professional football is nothing more than an entertainment business. For most franchises, winning and business success go hand in hand. When the Jags win, they sell out. When they lose, nobody shows up. That's been the story of every Los Angeles franchise as well and the reason L.A. had no team for many years. Not so the Dallas Cowboys. They do 'entertainment' better than any pro sports team in the world. That's pure genius at work.

If winning Super Bowls is the make or break cause of your football happiness, pick the favorites to do so every year and cheer for them. The Chiefs and the Bucs will welcome you into their folds. I watched for a decade as posters here called for Garrett's head. If it really bothered them that much, they should've moved on. Now I read angry posts about MM (not a fan myself, but it's who we have). If he bothers you so much, move on. You won't be missed.

If you're under 30 (and that's being generous), you don't know how much you don't know. Best to not open your mouth. At least your ignorance will remain a secret if you keep quiet.

Me? I'll cheer on the Cowboys through thick and thin, just as I've done for half a century. My team didn't get waxed 38-3 last week and my stud QB didn't fumble the game away Monday night. No, my QB didn't whip a 50 yard pass across his body that should've been Intercepted but instead won the game, but that's football.

I can live with that.

Posted before many times, but this should be mandatory watching:

There's been a lot of these threads lately. Complainers complaining about the complainers.

Rajveer

Reaction score
There's a fair number of posters here who know a little about football and the business of football. Unfortunately, they're in the minority.

All the folks who think the front office is poor have no idea what they're talking about. Doesn't pay to argue with them, as they aren't smart enough to understand even the slightest nuance of the discussion.

All the folks who think they can evaluate talent better than the professionals who do it for a living have lost their minds. I'm not talking about the blabbering heads on television who's job it is to get ratings, but the player personnel departments of the multi-billion dollar organizations they represent. Example: The 'We don't know how to draft!' crowd have zero idea how hard it is to evaluate college talent. See: Goff, Wentz, Bradford, PRESCOTT, et al.

It's incredible how few people understand that professional football is nothing more than an entertainment business. For most franchises, winning and business success go hand in hand. When the Jags win, they sell out. When they lose, nobody shows up. That's been the story of every Los Angeles franchise as well and the reason L.A. had no team for many years. Not so the Dallas Cowboys. They do 'entertainment' better than any pro sports team in the world. That's pure genius at work.

If winning Super Bowls is the make or break cause of your football happiness, pick the favorites to do so every year and cheer for them. The Chiefs and the Bucs will welcome you into their folds. I watched for a decade as posters here called for Garrett's head. If it really bothered them that much, they should've moved on. Now I read angry posts about MM (not a fan myself, but it's who we have). If he bothers you so much, move on. You won't be missed.

If you're under 30 (and that's being generous), you don't know how much you don't know. Best to not open your mouth. At least your ignorance will remain a secret if you keep quiet.

Me? I'll cheer on the Cowboys through thick and thin, just as I've done for half a century. My team didn't get waxed 38-3 last week and my stud QB didn't fumble the game away Monday night. No, my QB didn't whip a 50 yard pass across his body that should've been Intercepted but instead won the game, but that's football.

I can live with that.

Posted before many times, but this should be mandatory watching:

Welcome to the forum Stephen.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I guess the OP wasn't kidding about taking it anymore, he can't even tend to his thread.

It is not a rule, but if I were King it would be. You start a thread you stay around it to defend your position, exchange opinions with others and if you are Risen Star, collect your Likes.

I am not in that group the OP is talking about, I am older; however, I still know there are things I don't know I don't know about running a NFL franchise. It is not an easy job GMing one and picking the right talent, deciding on who gets extended and managing the cap and depth. It is however a full time job and this GM doesn't do that.

Booger has not tried to get better, he just changes the voices in his ears and when he stopped listening to his old hillbilly crony, Lacewell, he made a smart move.

I have stated that I have no problem with Booger being his own GM, he owns it and no one forces me to stay on as a fan. Although, other fans are not subjected to a celebrity seeking debutante as their GM and exposed to his inane sayings and thoughts.

I do not know how to GM a team and am far from being expert in that but I do have a rather strong opinion about how to do that, besides making that a full time job. You do what he has only done twice, out of desperation and necessity, in his time as the owner/GM, hire the best football HC you can find and turn the team over to him. Let him establish the culture and select the faces of the team and stay the hell out of the his way. Hold him accountable but let him do the job.

Insulting the fans with "I'd do anything to win another trophy" which is a total lie because we've seen what you did with a HC for 10 years because he made you comfortable and we see who you hired in only 12 hours for one of the most high profile jobs in all sports. We see what you've "given" us and we see what the others teams get. Your words are empty. You are a phony.

I get that "I can't take it anymore" because that's where I was with this camera clown and being the only owner to make his face the face of the franchise until I realized I either had to find another team or avoid this person and exposure to his face or voice. Except for what is brought here, I have been successful at doing that and therefore remained a fan. Not a passionate one but a fan just the same.

kskboys

Reaction score
There's been a lot of these threads lately. Complainers complaining about the complainers.
So it's not OK to point out blatant constant gaffes by those in charge of the team you spend your time on money on? Just be silent and cheer no matter what?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And about what we don't know we don't know. How in the hell can we know it? I dunno.

I assume this goes on in every sports site when the team is not doing well. I would have loved to have been privy to Detroit's when they were dealing with Matt Millen's love affair with WR's. Or the Eagles latest go around with their coaching change.

What some of the Pollyanna's fail to accept that when a team is not doing well, this becomes a dumping ground and venting chamber and we do it with the owner, management, coaches, players and with this franchise, even the mascot.

If someone can't take it anymore, fine, ignore it. Not every thing put here requires a response, sometimes it just helps to put it down in words and then we can let some of that go.

The very thing the OP can't take anymore is what I like about the Zone, along with the Pollyanna's. We need that, it really is the driving force of any sports forum. We do let it get too personal too often but that comes with the territory.

And one thing I've noticed since my time on the old DC.com and the Zone, the good times ain't so good. From a pure entertainment perspective of a forum, it's best when things go bad. It's just more fun with a bunch of pissed off posters.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's talking about the jokers who say the coaches are totally screwed up if they don't put Martin at tackle. I mean what do they know about the nuances of the 2 positions and the players and the opponent they'll be playing? Nothing, yet they act like they do.
I dig.

We have so many experts, eh?

Amazing they don't run their own nfl teams.

In the end, it's all just opinions.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I dig.

We have so many experts, eh?

Amazing they don't run their own nfl teams.

In the end, it's all just opinions.
the issue isnt opinions its some delusional fans who truly believe their opinion is fact and they could do better job then an NFL team..its true i see it everyday they arent stating opinions they believe its to be true..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the issue isnt opinions its some delusional fans who truly believe their opinion is fact and they could do better job then an NFL team..its true i see it everyday they arent stating opinions they believe its to be true..
So let them have their opinion. The more you fight them the louder they get. Laugh it off and keep scrolling.