I can't wait to see how players react to Zimmer chewing them out

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Since he's going to be on the sidelines during the games, are we going to see guys rally, or will there be million dollar grown men pouting about being coached up. From the comments we've heard from our "top" defender today, he's the one to keep your eyes on. What are your thoughts on this. Players of ALL levels need to be held accountable
Micah is going to need some of these.......
c9760562-5ee9-4706-af8e-342259deeace_1.f5f8178565a393656620270cc702fd7e.jpeg

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I predict they will choke in the playoffs. Going out on a limb on that one.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since he's going to be on the sidelines during the games, are we going to see guys rally, or will there be million dollar grown men pouting about being coached up. From the comments we've heard from our "top" defender today, he's the one to keep your eyes on. What are your thoughts on this. Players of ALL levels need to be held accountable
Players get chewed out all the time.....you don't know that if you never played or coached....share your thoughts

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If you think Zimmer is about to make the players angry, imagine what it'd be like to see Bill Belichick in charge of the team! :omg: :grin:

I doubt it'll ever come to that, however -- Bill probably wouldn't like the way Jerry Jones tries to take command behind his back . . . :muttley:

Last edited:

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Would be nice if they could also dodge the first punch, maybe?
I mean, it's football. You're going to get hit a few times! Haha. In the playoffs, it's rare to blow a team out (except if you're the 2023 Cowboys). It just seems like every time Dallas gets punched in the mouth, especially in the playoffs, they fold.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Chewing some one out is a long gone technique, todays NFL players wont stand for it.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Zimmer is a relic from a forgotten age. He will be looked upon like the pathetic old senile man that he is. Trying to stay relevant when your time has past you by does not fly.
Well one thing is for sure we will find out in september.Zimmer has the right players to fit his usual 4-3 scheme,I feel like he will have to modernize his scheme some especially the back end and cover linebacker.But I am looking forward to watching the front seven , this should be a good match with Zimmer.Parsons and Sam Williams and kneeland should be taylor made for this system.Diggs and Bland in the secondary should also be stout.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Zimmer will be gone in January. The vets on defense don't need to listen to him, most of them will be around The Star longer than him.
I wouldn't count on that. At the end of the season, I think there's a good chance the D will be better than what Quinn left behind!

deerhunter11

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on that. At the end of the season, I think there's a good chance the D will be better than what Quinn left behind!
I agree I feel like that is very possible, Zimmer has the players to run his scheme with.I can't wait to watch and see what happens,but Dallas has really upgraded at the linebacker position.They were very thin last season at linebacker that in its self should improve this defense we shall see , but I like our players.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Been saying since day one….either going to end great and a more disciplined defense, or going to fall apart quickly along with the rest of the lame duck coaches and players revolt as Zimm’s personality does no favors.

deerhunter11

Reaction score
Been saying since day one….either going to end great and a more disciplined defense, or going to fall apart quickly along with the rest of the lame duck coaches and players revolt as Zimm’s personality does no favors.
How the players take hard coaching , will be interesting to see for sure.Zimmer will try to get all he can out of these players.I hope Zimmer can bring some disipline to the defense.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
There isn’t some “one size” fits all in coaching players. Coaches need to be keen enough to know how to motivate players on an individual basis. But “yelling” sure makes for some good sound bites for the media and makes the fans feel better following disappointing results.