I can't wait to see how players react to Zimmer chewing them out

CCBoy

Reaction score
If you think Zimmer is about to make the players angry, imagine what it'd be like to see Bill Belichick in charge of the team! :omg: :grin:
I doubt it'll ever come to that, however -- Bill probably wouldn't like the way Jerry Jones tries to take command behind his back . . . :muttley:
At the end of practice call Smith and Parson and put them head up. When the whistle blows they come to blows head up and when the whistle blows again the person who drive the other away from the line will be declared winner for the offense or defense. The losers, have to run 10 - 50 yard dashes after practice.

DAL1180

Reaction score
These young men could care less about some retread coach getting angry.
Or some young hip coach getting angry either. It's all about them and their "brand". They know it all and have seen it all in their 22-24 years. They are right and everyone in authority is wrong. Don't believe it just ask them.

jwitten82

Reaction score
THIS. Some fans here live in bizarro world and don't understand reality. Outdated, old retread coaches yelling at young pros ain't gonna do ish.They will tune out that bs. Coaches getting angry don't make anyone run faster, hit harder, or understand the game better.
Bingo. These people are crazy if they dont think that the players havent recognized the one year deals that Zimmer, Mccarthy, and even our FA signings are on. Zimmer also hasnt coached in two years, I think we're in for a rough season and definitely expect the defense to take a step back

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Zimmer will be gone in January. The vets on defense don't need to listen to him, most of them will be around The Star longer than him.
Yeah Zimmer is getting canned along with McCarthy and the rest of the coaching staff in January after the season is over.

Jerry is going to pretend that this year is Super Bowl or bust and use it as a pretense to clean house.

GINeric

Reaction score
DM me that info
What would happen?
Eventually, a mutiny by the defense.

You can't yell at young millionaires. They dgaf!
And that's a shame.

Yeah those young millionaires wouldn't take getting yelled at too well.... but as far as you last comment left in the other thread......

I travel very well, so send me the information so we can link. After you wake up in your yard, we'll shake on it and I'll treat you to a drink or two. It'll be fun for me and very educational for you. You'll learn that this isn't the days of old Jethro. I'm cut from a different cloth lil guy. Now call my bluff and please don't forget to DM that information!!

GMO415

Reaction score
Zimmer is a relic from a forgotten age. He will be looked upon like the pathetic old senile man that he is. Trying to stay relevant when your time has past you by does not fly.
That's harsh, but I agree.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Since he's going to be on the sidelines during the games, are we going to see guys rally, or will there be million dollar grown men pouting about being coached up. From the comments we've heard from our "top" defender today, he's the one to keep your eyes on. What are your thoughts on this. Players of ALL levels need to be held accountable
Mike can chew them all they want. it won't make them into probowlers. If we lack talent, then it won't matter one bit how many times Mike Zimmer chews them out.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
cant wait to see it.. I mean, when Parfells showed up, they were so afraid of him, they played out of their minds. My memory is bad from my time in the gulf war, but didnt we win another 3 SBs under Parcells the disciplinarian?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
At the end of practice call Smith and Parson and put them head up. When the whistle blows they come to blows head up and when the whistle blows again the person who drive the other away from the line will be declared winner for the offense or defense. The losers, have to run 10 - 50 yard dashes after practice.
Ouch. Not sure I'd want to wish that on them -- they're forced to undergo enough pain and suffering to earn a living as things are already. I don't doubt that Zimmer will run them through their paces when the time comes, though. The party's over for those who aren't willing to get in line. There will be no more coddling for these guys, as long as Zimmer is in charge. What's ahead for this team should prove interesting.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Zimmer's gonna come in a little calmer than normal. He knows he has an opportunity to be HC and he has to get players to play hard for him. Year 1 only :thumbup:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think Zimmer's gonna come in a little calmer than normal. He knows he has an opportunity to be HC and he has to get players to play hard for him. Year 1 only :thumbup:
We're about to learn how "calm" Zimmer is likely to be. That hasn't fitted his MO in the past for one so set on things being done his way. Jerry and MM just might want to see Zimmer being his normal self to get these guys being more disciplined. The days ahead should prove interesting. MM's job is on the line, so it's entirely possible that the party's over for him and his easygoing ways, also.

Last edited:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're about to learn how "calm" Zimmer is likely to be. That hasn't fitted his MO in the past for one so set on things being done his way. Jerry and MM just might want to see Zimmer being his normal self to get these guys being more disciplined. The days ahead should prove interesting. MM's job is on the line, so it's entirely possible that the party's over for him and his easygoing ways, also.
No doubt MM is out .
But you simply cannot treat these millionaire and 6 digit players like crap and expect them to ALL buy in.
I hate it. But it's today's players, not all, but enough

TheCritic

Reaction score
Anybody in this thread making excuses for the prima donna garbage of today's players don't get to cry the next time the Cowboys exit the playoffs early!!

shabazz

Reaction score
No doubt MM is out .
But you simply cannot treat these millionaire and 6 digit players like crap and expect them to ALL buy in.
I hate it. But it's today's players, not all, but enough
We all heard what happened when Eric Bienemy didn't handle the pups with kid gloves.....they went running to the HC and complained about it.

Those " men" are still playing in the NFL...... Bienemy is coaching at UCLA, lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
This is Zims retirement job. Hes chillin.

Probably knows he can be terrible and get the head coaching job too.
They were in a tough spot to find a willing lame duck DC under a lame duck HC, so I didn’t mind the hire, but at some point Jerry is going to at least TRY to find a younger mind in the mold of a McVay, McDermott, LaFleur, Ryans, etc…and not demand that a coordinator be retained….he will right?

Or is it going to continue to be retreads or zero experience coaches that are happy for the opportunity and will allow him to operate like a celebrity and face of the franchise?

I know the answer, just wondering how much longer I may need to put up with it.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Since he's going to be on the sidelines during the games, are we going to see guys rally, or will there be million dollar grown men pouting about being coached up. From the comments we've heard from our "top" defender today, he's the one to keep your eyes on. What are your thoughts on this. Players of ALL levels need to be held accountable
I'll be impressed if he also starts spitting the chew on the sidelines.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Im not sure Micah will even give him the time of day... Probably look at him and say "Cool I'm gonna go over here now" and know there is literally nothing Zimm can do about it..IF zimm wants to get my attention then the first time #11 blows up field and lets a trap gain 20 yards to his side..BENCH HIM ..that would change my mind. want to get this new era of players attention, hit em in the stats..thats all you got now.

quickccc

Reaction score
some fans are in it for the sideline antics and anger circus show. .apparently those kind of hollering and hissing is what inspires fans
but I want to see Zimm vocally and technically reach those players to gain their respect.- not detour players away from him.

- I'm wanting those players to want to play hard for their coach,.. not conspire to try to run him out of town.

- There are both right &....wrong ways to go about doing so.

- i do like that zimm will be on the sidelines to both inspire, motivate and make corrections & adjustments personally up close & up front with
the players ,,instead of being in the coaches booth with the X's and O's bird's eye view.

f6fa7664cd17ea08473b67c43694d734.jpg

Last edited:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Completely expecting them to tune him out...just like they did in Minnesota in the end. This is a lame duck staff....that the players know are on borrowed time. The majority will still be here well after this staff is fired.