I changed my mind on Linehan

Cap12

Reaction score
If we go 0-4, Jerry will fire the source. His name is Scott Linehan.

Oh, for additional perspective, I also indicated that "Dez would not be playing for the Dallas Cowboys this year at that 14.5 mil salary". April 13th was his day.

Will October 1st be Scott's? Stay tuned.
Obviously you don't watch film. Linehan called a good game. Dak played like crap. If Jerry cans Linehan, it's just a scapegoat move. I'm not saying that Linehan neccessarily should keep his job at the end of the season, but people have been cutting #4 too much slack. He needs to step up, ace his reads and throw the ball and cut the *****footing stuff.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah, he had a better year slightly, but both were pretty much unprecedented and RG3 problem was his inability to get through his first progression and you could see it before he blew out his knee, particularly against Seattle in the playoffs. He couldn’t play in the pocket either.

Dak is different in that he actually doesn’t even thriw the ball while going through progressions and RG3 arm is much stronger.

But both couldn’t QB out of 5-7 drops and from the pocket.
We just have to see if Dak can make the transition into a pocket type QB. Right now it don’t look good. And that goes to what you said. He won’t throw the ball. The receivers are getting open. He has to let it go. I still don’t understand why they don’t roll him out. Let him run around but designed, instead of him holding the ball and waiting to run.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Obviously you don't watch film. Linehan called a good game. Dak played like crap. If Jerry cans Linehan, it's just a scapegoat move. I'm not saying that Linehan neccessarily should keep his job at the end of the season, but people have been cutting #4 too much slack. He needs to step up, ace his reads and throw the ball and cut the *****footing stuff.
Watch it happen.

Cap12

Reaction score
Watch it happen.
Not saying it won't. Jerry has done some stupid stuff in his time and I wouldn't put it past him to fire an OC midseason. That would leave Jason Garrett caling the plays. How would you like that?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Not saying it won't. Jerry has done some stupid stuff in his time and I wouldn't put it past him to fire an OC midseason. That would leave Jason Garrett caling the plays. How would you like that?
It would place us halfway to the promise Land. That land called Clapnomoria. So I'd love it.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Exactly which WR or TE do you have to actually fear? Right now one guy is doing anything, Beasley.

If there is no one requiring a double team you most certainly will see 8 in box on first down regardless of QB.
Latest Akoye film on YouTube debunks the myth of WR and Te weren't open. Dak is blind

NotForLong

Reaction score
I will say, it does look like Dak does have a bunch of confidence in Bease, he made several nice throws to him and Bease looked good. Keep going back to him and force the defense to dbl him, pull out every play with lil Beasers name on it and force the defense to adjust.
:lmao2:

CWR

Reaction score
Latest Akoye film on YouTube debunks the myth of WR and Te weren't open. Dak is blind

Im suprised with Dak. I know he had his faults but I figured hed grow as a player and get better with time. Unfortunately hes gotten worse.

Worst of all there were a alot of QBs available last offseason and we doubled down on Dak. Maybe they weren't franchise guys but they'd have bridged the gap.

All that said I am still stuck in 2016, thinking he will pull it together, but the pit in my stomach grows weekly. The film looks real bad man lol.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I still think Linehan is garbage, but I'm not surrendering the outcome of this game solely to him. We've thrived in his scheme before, but I do agree the playcalling was suspect. I don't think Dak has the football IQ or the intelligence really to audible the offense into suitable situation the way that Tony was able to for so many years. The offensive line put us in a bind early, with the penalties and getting us behind in the chains. Tyron and La'el will be fine. This rookie needs to hit the weight room, but he's also a tremendous talent. Zeke looked a bit rusty, but it was encouraging to see him find stride in the second half. I was worried we'd see another 9 attempt, 8 yard game in the first quarter.

Dak looked about as bad as he ever has. Seriously. I haven't seen a QB outing quite like that since JaMarcus Russell, maybe even Trent Edwards. He held onto the ball too long, he didn't see the entire field, he was missing on checkdowns, he was missing on the long ball, he was missing on the slant, and it seemed like when the ball was snapped, he was looking for the rush instead of whomever was open. He it too mobile and too strong to be going down 6 times in a game.

What bummed me the most about this game was the missed opportunities on defense, as shocking as that may sound. If Heath doesn't drop that pick and if Chido gets on that ball he stripped, it changes the entire dynamic of that game.

InTheZone

Reaction score
After watching a video from AKOYE Media, demonstrating just how bad Dak is, and just how open our receivers where, I changed my mind on Linehan.

Folks, we have a problem here. Dak is costing us games. His fear and inability to throw the ball, it is crushing this team. This loss falls squarely on Dak.

Dak routinely ONLY looks at one half of the field. Guys are running wide open and Dak isn't even looking. It takes him too long to process this info for him to pull the trigger. Often times he creates a sack when in fact he had a receiver wide open.

Not sure how Dak recovers from this. He simply is not throwing to guys who are open for 10-20 yards. He literally had 2 EASY TD's sitting there that he muffed. One was a 60+ yarder to Jarwin the other a 50+ yarder to TWill. Dang.

Watch this expose on Dak. Be prepared to be sick.

Year 3 for Dak, don't think coaching can fix any of this, he has too many issues

DiResta

Reaction score
Keuchly was playing a "spy" and playing run support a lot. He was spending a lot of time about five yards from the LOS. He wasn't in position to make a bunch of picks. Yeah, if Dak floated short pass in the middle of the field or threw an inaccurate screen, Luke might have picked one off, but he didn't have many deep zone drops like he did against Romo in 2015. That is partly why I was so frustrated with Dak. Carolina is great with its front 7, but weak in the secondary. Without Keuchly being committed to the back end and as open as receivers were, Dak should have had a big day. Most NFL QBs would have under those situations.
several of those passes he kept pointing out would have had to drop in over Kuechly and he is ridiculously good at baiting you into trying it

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Linehan sucks, Dak sucks, wideouts suck, offense sucks, Garrett sucks, JJ sucks, they suck, you suck, we suck.

That should about cover it.
Lol. Tell us how you REALLY feel.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
giphy-downsized.gif

jnday

Reaction score
I can promise everybody that Dak was not coached to throw passes five yards short. He wasn't coached to hold the ball too long. All of his screw ups is on him. No OC will look good if the QB can not execute even the simple plays.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I agree totally. I think Linehan is not as bad as most think. He is no Bill Walsh by any means but his plays show that they work. I disagree with many of what they do but all in all I don't think he is the biggest issue here. Dak seems to not be able to run this offense at a high level and that is a problem. This scheme is not good enough to be run by a slightly below bus driving QB. It needs a QB who can deliver accurate throws quickly to succeed. Dak is not that guy. I wish he were. Maybe he can flip a switch and be that guy someday? For now, he is not it.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Yes it is. It was the coaching staff that allowed Chaz Green to open the swinging door to Atlanta's defense that dumped Dak 5 times before the coach did anything at all to help. It was unbelievable coaching stupidity.

Agreed. If dak is having issues, then he needs to be coached to resolve them...

Coaching is done to help, and not to find a player accountable/scapegoat for the bad coaching, so that the check clears .

Its not the OC's fault ?!
What ?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke getting only 15 touches is a fail on the coaching staff. This offense should revolve around getting Zeke the ball, whether running or catching. 15 touches to far and away our best player is terrible coaching.
Agreed. It was also a fail when Murray would get less than 20 carries a game prior to 2014. Garrett would get up to the podium and say we needed to remain committed to the running game only to allow the run game to be abandoned the very next week.

Whose fault is that? Depends on who you believe. Some believe Romo ran the offense and other believe it was Garrett.

Romo left and we continue the trend. To me, that leaves one person remaining.