I changed my mind on Linehan

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Zeke getting only 15 touches is a fail on the coaching staff. This offense should revolve around getting Zeke the ball, whether running or catching. 15 touches to far and away our best player is terrible coaching.

It isn't just that simple. In the first half Zeke did nothing and the Carolina defense was playing eight men in the Box or more to take him away. In that situation you have to be able to take what they are giving you.

dlobell

Reaction score
AKOYE is the truth. He did a similar evaluation of Dak last season. The tape don't lie. He is very thorough and fair. I wonder if the coaches know how to do film study? If they do, why is Dak making the same mistakes as last season. Check out the video.
Maybe the coaches are sitting in a room wondering the same thing! Why is DAK making the same mistakes as last year.

dlobell

Reaction score
Sadly I did too. Dak has turned out to be a huge dud.
I was one that didn't. Even though he played well and they were winning, Dak was still missing receivers with bad throws. A lot of times the receivers bailed him out with good catches on those bad throws. Wasn't convinced then, certainly am done with him now.
Is their a franchise QB coming out of college? We might just be in the top 5 of the draft if Dak continues to play this bad.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This is why they watch film. This will be presented to him and he will work on it. If he is not capable of making the plays soon then he will be replaced. Or should be. He was missing a few WR that were open that he saw.

I still refuse to believe that someone that had a rookie year like that can’t adjust.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Allegedly that’s all coachable

That’s not exactly true! If the QB is incapable of reading defenses or unable to process information quickly, well that’s not coachable.

And I am NOT suggesting that Dak has either incapabilities, I am just responding to your “coachable” statement.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I'm telling you folks, when Dak was unexpectingly thrust inti the starting role after Romo got hurt Garrett and Wade Wilson didn't have time to screw him up, but after the first off season they had time to work with him is when he started going downhill.

How anyone can support Jason Garrett is beyond understanding.

aria

Reaction score
That’s not exactly true! If the QB is incapable of reading defenses or unable to process information quickly, well that’s not coachable.

And I am NOT suggesting that Dak has either incapabilities, I am just responding to your “coachable” statement.
True, it’s not exactly true but it’s close :eek: When he does see open receivers by reading defenses and/or processing information quickly he is still missing the most basic of passes.

As I said earlier, I doubt he’s missing those passes in practice otherwise he wouldn’t be our starting QB. If I were the coaches I’d want to strangle him after that game. There were several plays with open receivers 5-10 yards downfield that he just flat out missed. It wasn’t coaching, it wasn’t receivers, it was a professional QB not being able to throw the most simplest of passes.

Hopefully he’ll clean it up this week, I haven’t given up on him quite yet and honestly I’d find it hard to believe that even a high school QB could miss most of those same throws on a regular basis. Surely he has to at least get better at his short game, right? I hope to hell he does otherwise we need to have walk on try outs for a new QB starting at the local high schools.

fansince68

Reaction score
This is why they watch film. This will be presented to him and he will work on it. If he is not capable of making the plays soon then he will be replaced. Or should be. He was missing a few WR that were open that he saw.

I still refuse to believe that someone that had a rookie year like that can’t adjust.

Dak was making the same mistakes last season. How long does it take a coaching staff to analyze film and present the findings to Dak? AKOYE evaluates each game and posts his findings by tues. Why does it take the coaching staff 8 games and a full off season to make this assessment?

blueblood70

Reaction score
After watching a video from AKOYE Media, demonstrating just how bad Dak is, and just how open our receivers where, I changed my mind on Linehan.

Folks, we have a problem here. Dak is costing us games. His fear and inability to throw the ball, it is crushing this team. This loss falls squarely on Dak.

Dak routinely ONLY looks at one half of the field. Guys are running wide open and Dak isn't even looking. It takes him too long to process this info for him to pull the trigger. Often times he creates a sack when in fact he had a receiver wide open.

Not sure how Dak recovers from this. He simply is not throwing to guys who are open for 10-20 yards. He literally had 2 EASY TD's sitting there that he muffed. One was a 60+ yarder to Jarwin the other a 50+ yarder to TWill. Dang.

Watch this expose on Dak. Be prepared to be sick.

The real issue here is why Garett and Linehan are here Dak wont be pulled and replaced for the future unless injured..so we have to get rid of this coaching staff to get anew approach and starts with a real open QB competition..I watched all those videos and most of it was on Dak some on the Line but the reason we are most calling for Linehans head is HE ONLY RAN ZEKE 15TIMES, HE QUIT , THREW IT 70% OF THE TIME.. IF dAKS THE ISSUE SCOTT PUT IT IN HIS HANDS..hmmm to much thought process..let that sink in.. SL put Dak in that situation..he gets fired because he ;left Zeke in to block all game, ridiculous..yes the WR and TEs were open but if your QB cant see them , you run until he does..Daks being exposed because of tese videos but SL was allowed to run only 15times..Zeke is our offense and he put him on the shelf..ridiculous and inexcusable

NotForLong

Reaction score
Our amazing linemen haven't been amazing early in the season the last three years. Lots of talent there. Lots of salary cap dollars. They get pushed around too often by teams with good DLs like they did on Sunday, and the problem wasn't Looney.
I read somewhere yesterday on this site. That the average time a QB holds on to the ball is 2.51 seconds. Dak holds on for 3.01. Hesitation and scared confusion is causing the sacks

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Dak was making the same mistakes last season. How long does it take a coaching staff to analyze film and present the findings to Dak? AKOYE evaluates each game and posts his findings by tues. Why does it take the coaching staff 8 games and a full off season to make this assessment?
JG has been making the same mistakes for 8+ seasons, so this might take awhile. :rolleyes:

fansince68

Reaction score
Akoye does a good job evaluating some positions, but it’s hard to evaluate QB’s. We don’t know if the receivers were exactly where they were supposed to be or if they ran the route correctly. The timing seemed to be off between the QB’s and the receivers, and the communication was off between the offensive linemen. Sitting Dak and most of the OL for the week 3 preseason game contributed to the sloppy play. The team also misses the on field leadership for Jason Witten and Travis Frederick. The coaching staff and the players will have until Sunday to fix it.
Whether the receivers were in the correct position or not, they were wide open on many plays yet Dak..just didn't throw the ball and when he did throw, passes were either too high or low and sometimes behind the receiver.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The real issue here is why Garett and Linehan are here Dak wont be pulled and replaced for the future unless injured..so we have to get rid of this coaching staff to get anew approach and starts with a real open QB competition..I watched all those videos and most of it was on Dak some on the Line but the reason we are most calling for Linehans head is HE ONLY RAN ZEKE 15TIMES, HE QUIT , THREW IT 70% OF THE TIME.. IF dAKS THE ISSUE SCOTT PUT IT IN HIS HANDS..hmmm to much thought process..let that sink in.. SL put Dak in that situation..he gets fired because he ;left Zeke in to block all game, ridiculous..yes the WR and TEs were open but if your QB cant see them , you run until he does..Daks being exposed because of tese videos but SL was allowed to run only 15times..Zeke is our offense and he put him on the shelf..ridiculous and inexcusable
Yep, Dak deserves a lot of blame, but the real failure is Zeke with only 15 carries and Tavon with 1 touch. That's all on our OC, what other NFL team would willingly not get more touches to their two best offensive options. Really, what other team would do that, especially when you have a struggling QB.