Reaction score
childish yes

Name one player better on defense....current player bc Byron was the best

My point is he’s still our best player by a good bit
*I believe the jury is still in deliberations mode on that*:star:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
bunch of immature whiney fanbase whining about one mans money be given to another. It no of ya dang business, period..

watch football discus football, a mans money is really ridiculous to worry about..

he take your lunch money or something Nancys?

this has to stop Jerry isnt the only owner that paid for a handful of has what he felt is his key players and for sure not the worst contracts ever given out around sports,,

it happens get over it no amount of princess like whining is going to change it..

in most fans eyes they are ALL overpaid for playing game..chat happens and you move on..they are here to entertain us and thats it..

if you arent entertained and this is not the team for you, MOVE ON , PUULLEASE move ON!
We get confused because we feel some how obligated to the financial portion of the game, we know Jerry needs our money.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
DLaw was a bad draft pick. Way overpaid.

The guy had essentially 8 good games for us. That it.

Never liked the competence of the player and with his Hot Boyz business plan i started to dislike him as a person too.

I hope he will be gone soon. But seriously i have no hope just because he fits JJs and SJs character.
harsh yet true

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Dlaws value goes far beyond a sack stats number....when you are the best player on a terrible defense it's very easy for the other team to plan exactly for you...as the defense improves so will his stats and how his Contract looks
Why were his sacks so high when he wanted to get paid then?

lqmac1

Reaction score
https://www.phillyvoice.com/10-wors...on-wentz-dak-prescott-ezekiel-elliott-058882/

We all know how Dak and Zeke duped Jerry.

But, my goodness, I didnt know the extent of this epic failure of a contract negotiation re DeMarcus Lawrence. (See No. 3)

And ... 50 other players have more sacks than DLaw??? Can that be right?
I feel faint!
article-1276822-098302C0000005DC-666_468x414.jpg
The notion that Dak “duped” Jerry is a bit blasphemous. I think we averaged 170 more passing yards with him than without him amongst a plethora of other stats that showed how valuable he is. In addition, he hasn’t thrown a single pass in his new contract. To say “Duped” regarding a guy who has improved every single year is a bit crazy, but that’s just my opinion.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*I was overtly vocal , pertaining to that very same pertinent seasons exhibited exploits ,,,oddly enuff,,er,,,,by-gummed up gollie's I was sez' aye *o_O

:star::thumbup::star:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

How many games were the Cowboys leading last year? Think about this. When D-Law was getting lots of sacks the Cowboys were ahead in many games; affording him far more pass rushing oppurtunities since teams had to throw in order to catch up.

Also, if the run defense improves, teams will be more inclined to throw, thus giving Lawrence even more sack/pressure chances. Anybody who watched D-Law last year knows he played his butt off and was one of the few players that graded out well on that side of the ball.

We get too caught up in gaudy sack totals. That's one of football's most misleading stats and to think Lawrence suddenly can't play anymore since he only had 6.5 sacks last year is nearsighted.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
does not effect the fans . period end of story and the team officials obviously have more of handle on the cap and team issues, not the fans..we watch football and debate games etc ..

$$$ has absolutely nothing to do with fans. Period..

so crying like bunch of karens her on forum about a 3 yr old deal is accomplishing what??

next
Wow. Next?
Salary cap doesn't exist to this one.

I respect the adage Ignorance is Bliss and it's real.
It is very real.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
There is nothing more that I love than being on jury duty.
The juicier the better.

Am I odd?
I think not.

When I get a jury summons it's like I found the golden Easter Egg while taking a...
It was in the bathroom.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Lawrence:
The Lawrence deal was bad. Because the year they gave him that deal the draft was loaded with good DE's.That year I wanted us to sign Preston Smith (16sacks) and draft Maxx Crosby (17sacks).

Zeke:
Zeke was holding out, but Tony Pollard and Mike Weber were looking good in the preseason games that year. I wanted Jerry to do what he done to Emmitt. Start the season without your #1RB to see what you have in these other guys.

Dak:
Dak made a name for himself in 2016, as a rookie. I wanted Dak to finish off the regular season in 2016, but wanted Romo to take the wheel in the playoffs that year. Not because I thought Romo was better. I wanted Dak to have as few starts as possible, so when it became time to re-sign Dak, his contract wouldn't break the bank.

Opinions and thoughts vary. I'm just sharing my thoughts on how I would have handle those three situations. I don't need 7 billion people to agree with my thoughts or opinions.
Just saying.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
How many games were the Cowboys leading last year? Think about this. When D-Law was getting lots of sacks the Cowboys were ahead in many games; affording him far more pass rushing oppurtunities since teams had to throw in order to catch up.

Also, if the run defense improves, teams will be more inclined to throw, thus giving Lawrence even more sack/pressure chances. Anybody who watched D-Law last year knows he played his butt off and was one of the few players that graded out well on that side of the ball.

We get too caught up in gaudy sack totals. That's one of football's most misleading stats and to think Lawrence suddenly can't play anymore since he only had 6.5 sacks last year is nearsighted.
*see above*
Hey,there my Man!, I had intentionally attempted ,at times, last season, in focused viewing of #90's oft espoused playing his butt off,,, can't honestly say I caught sight at anytime bits& pieces of it fragmenting offa' it in hand grenaded explosive fashion,,,tho, perhaps my equally vantaged view differed from yours somewhat,,,just saying,ya knowo_O

:lmao:

stilltheguru

Reaction score

What about the year before? Injury excuse? We'll see this year because I doubt we'll be anywhere close to as bad as last year

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
*see above*
Hey,there my Man!, I had intentionally attempted ,at times, last season, in focused viewing of #90's oft espoused playing his butt off,,, can't honestly say I caught sight at anytime bits& pieces of it fragmenting offa' it in hand grenaded explosive fashion,,,tho, perhaps my equally vantaged view differed from yours somewhat,,,just saying,ya knowo_O

:lmao:

I probably should have phrased that differently :lmao:

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
What about the year before? Injury excuse? We'll see this year because I doubt we'll be anywhere close to as bad as last year

The year before he still had 56 pressures (if memory serves me right) which are a more useful stat than sacks when measuring a pass rusher's worth. D-Law's sacks and pressures were down last year and my theory is that's a product of the entire defense being a dumpster fire.

Like you said, we'll see.

Silly

Reaction score
I would have fired him just for the hot boys nickname.

Beaker42

Reaction score
bunch of immature whiney fanbase whining about one mans money be given to another. It no of ya dang business, period..

watch football discus football, a mans money is really ridiculous to worry about..

he take your lunch money or something Nancys?

this has to stop Jerry isnt the only owner that paid for a handful of has what he felt is his key players and for sure not the worst contracts ever given out around sports,,

it happens get over it no amount of princess like whining is going to change it..

in most fans eyes they are ALL overpaid for playing game..chat happens and you move on..they are here to entertain us and thats it..

if you arent entertained and this is not the team for you, MOVE ON , PUULLEASE move ON!
Tank, please start earning your money.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Is Egads the same as Crikey?

I like the word Crikey.

Crickey is Aussie, mate. You know, like tha shrimp on the Barbie trashy guy Irwin who became famous for harassing animals in their native habitat.
Egads is similar to gadzooks or more of an exclamation than blimey.
Got a lot of time on yer hands, do you, chap?