I didn't know DLaw and his contract were this bad

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
@GimmeTheBall! Deja vu, all over again. I believe this has already been posted and discussed in another thread.
Don't be planting your flag on the moon with this one.

You seem to be aspiring to be a hall monitor. Take the 5-day course as a mod cadet. You'll learn much or maybe nothing.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Its the big 3 amigo,, like Larry Moe and Curly

Except Larry, Joe and Curly were professionals who earned their money and delighted the Yank masses.
Dak, Zeke and DLaw serve little or no purpose.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
The notion that Dak “duped” Jerry is a bit blasphemous. I think we averaged 170 more passing yards with him than without him amongst a plethora of other stats that showed how valuable he is. In addition, he hasn’t thrown a single pass in his new contract. To say “Duped” regarding a guy who has improved every single year is a bit crazy, but that’s just my opinion.

Yes, Dak had given us plenty of memorable moments. A virtual horn of football plenty he is.
All salute this $42 mil wonder/enigma.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And it’s not that bad
After this year we can actually get out of his deal
I don’t think they will because they see what he does that doesn’t show up in sack totals
I don't know man....i'm at like 50/50.......I could see him getting done just like Dez was.....and I know he's a contributor but if someone unexpectedly pops this year.....that could up his chances of being a cap casualty when they have a chance to opt out. He also could go on to have his best year as a pro so you just never know.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Except Larry, Joe and Curly were professionals who earned their money and delighted the Yank masses.
Dak, Zeke and DLaw serve little or no purpose.
Pretty sure there was a Moe, but you may be right now that I think about it,, there was a Joe as well.

Beaker42

Reaction score
And it’s not that bad
After this year we can actually get out of his deal
I don’t think they will because they see what he does that doesn’t show up in sack totals
We can get what he gives us out of someone else for a lot less money. He’s pathetically overpaid and underproductive.

Kwyn

Reaction score
This article has been beat to death here for the last three days. The ten page thread is literally six threads below this one.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
This article has been beat to death here for the last three days. The ten page thread is literally six threads below this one.
Gimmie the ball doesn't play well with others. Hince the name. He wants to do his own thing 100% of the time.

Reactions: CWR

Cowfan75

Reaction score
This bad contract was probably the most painfully obvious. D-Law was fading during his contract year, and Jerry paid him a fortune anyway. Usually our players ball out during a contract year to secure the cash before they mail it in. D-Law didn't even do that and still got paid.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This bad contract was probably the most painfully obvious. D-Law was fading during his contract year, and Jerry paid him a fortune anyway. Usually our players ball out during a contract year to secure the cash before they mail it in. D-Law didn't even do that and still got paid.
If Jerry had paid him when he had balled out probably would be on the end of this deal by now.

plasticman

Reaction score
It's pretty easy to take Lawrence out of the picture when there is very little else to worry about from the front seven. However, I did notice he didn't stop fighting until the whistle blew. There were times when he came from the other side ten yards past the line of scrimmage to make the tackle. His hustle is still there but he's not built like Suh. Taking on multiple blockers can wear him down.

Forget last season! The circumstances in 2021 should be completely different. There will be additional help, the defensive tackle positions should be better manned. There will be far more support from the LB's. His partner, Randy Gregory, should be more formidable having acclimated back into the NFL. Sometime into the season, the young secondary will develop some cohesion. The offense will be more consistent, meaning the defense won't have to endure as much time on the field.

Then we can see more about Lawrence, what he can do for the pass defense when he is one of many concerns for opponent offenses.

Reactions: CWR

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Goodness, get with the program...
"Pressures, edge setting and Run stopping."

Oh yeah,
And the leader of The Hot Boyz, which in, and of itself, is contract worthy.

And mostly against Right Tackles.

I just thought everybody here knew.

But yeah, sacks are over rated anyway, lol.

Sarcasm on.
Lotta sarcasm! D Law is overrated. Often let’s QB’s bootleg right around him too! That is dumb football.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
It's pretty easy to take Lawrence out of the picture when there is very little else to worry about from the front seven. However, I did notice he didn't stop fighting until the whistle blew. There were times when he came from the other side ten yards past the line of scrimmage to make the tackle. His hustle is still there but he's not built like Suh. Taking on multiple blockers can wear him down.

Forget last season! The circumstances in 2021 should be completely different. There will be additional help, the defensive tackle positions should be better manned. There will be far more support from the LB's. His partner, Randy Gregory, should be more formidable having acclimated back into the NFL. Sometime into the season, the young secondary will develop some cohesion. The offense will be more consistent, meaning the defense won't have to endure as much time on the field.

Then we can see more about Lawrence, what he can do for the pass defense when he is one of many concerns for opponent offenses.
Hope he improves his game due to all the reasons you sited. You mentioned his hustle. Every player should hustle on every play. Each play last 3-6 seconds with 25-40 seconds rest between each play.