I disagree with those knocking Romo

Reaction score
StylisticS;2332986 said:
That's because he sits back there in the pocket standing tall holding the ball looking at all his reads. Basically, he's trying to be like Tom Brady. He needs to discontinue that and go back to being Romo.

Instead of being 6'5 with pocket presence and a cannon, he is 6'1 with a average arm , that has no leadership skills.

StylisticS

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2332989 said:
Instead of being 6'5 with pocket presence and a cannon, he is 6'1 with a average arm , that has no leadership skills.
Exactly. Romo simply forgets that he is mobile and he's special at that. He can make plays with his feet. Use that gift to succeed instead of standing tall. I wish Garrett would notice this.

landryscorner

Reaction score
I have to agree, he was knocked down too many times, had hands in face all day, the Offensive line imo did not give him adequate protection all day, if anyones to blame its the line

coogrfan

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2332982 said:
Agreed... quit making excuses for his bad play..

Everyone complained when Bledsoe patted the ball 5 times before throwing and Romo was the savior because his style was different..

Now that style is played out.. He is too careless and is a clown.

McCordsville Cowboy;2332989 said:

:rolleyes:

This sort of nonsense is the reason why we Cowboy fans have such a bad rep amongst NFL fans.

btcutter

Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2332982 said:
Agreed... quit making excuses for his bad play..

Everyone complained when Bledsoe patted the ball 5 times before throwing and Romo was the savior because his style was different..

Now that style is played out.. He is too careless and is a clown.

He's got flaws. I give you that. But he's also very good QB who has room to improve.

You last statement just shows how clueless you are as a fan. Exactly who would you like as a QB to run this team.......that you can actually get now? I think Parcell say it best...."there's isn't a 1800-get me a QB".

I guess you must really like having QC and Hansen or even Bledsoe running the team

btcutter

Reaction score
Word Mofo;2332969 said:
Like I posted in another thread:

Romo was holding on to the ball so long he looked like Bledsoe out there. Any time you wait that long your o-line is going to struggle.

The reason he's holding on to the ball for so long could either be because:
A) No one is getting open
or
B) He is in la-la land

I tend to go with A since T.O. is getting bracketed and Crayton is slow. Bite the bullet Jerry and trade for a #2 WR. You have ignored this glaring need for too long!

It is A. I was at the game against the Cards. TO is having a very difficult time getting off the press and by the time he does, Romo is on the ground or has to throw the ball.

The OL play was atrocious! I can't believe Romo didn't get injured earlier.

Garrett needs to find another way to get TO off the press coverage.

I am not sure RW will help as much as you thing. OL needs to do a better job and Garrett needs to call Payton.

Kilyin

Reaction score
btcutter;2335672 said:
You last statement just shows how clueless you are as a fan. Exactly who would you like as a QB to run this team.......that you can actually get now? I think Parcell say it best...."there's isn't a 1800-get me a QB".

He wants his boyfriend, Brady Quinn. This guy is definitely a candidate for the ignore list (and a bleach drinking contest).

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Romo was money when we needed 3 at the end. He also would have hit Austin on the post right before the half if not hit. Romo is a gamer. I don't think people remember the Bledsoe error vividly enough. Best thread of the day.

ologan

Reaction score
To all the Romo detractors and naysayers,well, let's see how you like not having him for the next few games. I get the feeling most of you firmly believe it won't make a big difference anyway whether he's in or not. Enjoy!