I do not get the resistance to OBJ

Irv88

Reaction score
1) He was good with the Giants and Eli.

2) Baker was clearly the issue in Cleveland.

3) With the Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

4) Amari came here with no training camp and Dak and him lit it up. Simply put, Dak can produce with a new wr quickly.

If he passes the physical, enjoy!

Last edited:

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think what most people are concerned about is the price on a luxury player with 2 major surgeries in a row when we have our own players to sign.

Personally I am good getting him or not.
? I have not been following the situation (I know we will not get Him) . . . Is Beckham looking for a multiple year deal . . . I thought it would only be for the remainder of the season

Or are you worried about spending the money now and losing the opportunity to roll over this years savings?

Kingofholland

Reaction score

3) With th Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

4) Amari came here with no training camp and Dak and him lit it up. Simply put, Dak can produce with a new wr quickly.

It's not that I'm strongly against having him here. Its just that he hasn't been an elite player in 6 seasons, looks to be commanding a lot of money, he's had some injuries, and there's the possibility of being a distraction too. You have to weigh the cost vs are we paying much more for a name than what he brings to the field.

Irv88

Reaction score
It's not that I'm strongly against having him here. Its just that he hasn't been an elite player in 6 seasons, looks to be commanding a lot of money, he's had some injuries, and there's the possibility of being a distraction too. You have to weigh the cost vs are we paying much more for a name than what he brings to the field.
Dude had 288 yards in the playoffs last January and was on his way to Super Bowl mvp until he got hurt. Those are facts. That is elite production,

What is this “distraction narrative”? He was great with the Rams and they wanted him back.

if he passes the physical, it is a win.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Grovelling for him publicly has been a bit unseemly and indicative of a lack of confidence in the guys we have. True to form he’s loving the attention and has effectively established a public auction among 3 teams (he’ll add others if he can) for his services. I’m really looking forward to his Lebron moment when he announces to millions of fans on the edge of their seats where, after all, he will take his talents.

It’s all a little gross to me. But beyond that, no real resistance to the idea.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score

3) With the Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

5) CeeDee is emerging as a bona-fide WR1 without him. With OBJ, he has more room to operate and less double teams - just like when Coop was here.

6) OBJ adds another dimension to their offense. No more 8 man boxes to stop Zeke and TP either.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Grovelling for him publicly has been a bit unseemly and indicative of a lack of confidence in the guys we have. True to form he’s loving the attention and has effectively established a public auction among 3 teams (he’ll add others if he can) for his services. I’m really looking forward to his Lebron moment when he announces to millions of fans on the edge of their seats where, after all, he will take his talents.

It’s all a little gross to me. But beyond that, no real resistance to the idea.
I don't get the media love fest for this guy. He's coming off acl surgery in the Superbowl. As a receiver, it's certainly going to affect his route running ability.

I wouldn't mind bringing him in if he's healthy and it's just for this season. No point in signing him any longer.

JBS

Reaction score
I think what most people are concerned about is the price on a luxury player with 2 major surgeries in a row when we have our own players to sign.

Personally I am good getting him or not.
Absolutely isn’t a luxury player

the other concerns are absolutely valid

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would rather the $$$ was spent on Von Miller or Suh. Where it would help the team most. Run defense.

Instead it could be the shiny new toy that will help keep the Cowboys in the headlines and sell more merchandise.

I'm a W-L and winning in January guy. Just seems to me the priorities aren't in the right order.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The resistance is because he's using his ego to try and force someone to pay him way more than he's worth. He's just trying to cash in before he has to hang the cleats up for good.

Besides, Dak's passes were all over the place yesterday and forced the receivers to make circus like catches too many times. Those bad throws will cause another injury to an injury prone receiver like OBJ.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
The money should have been invested in a DT like Suh. Our offensive production has been more than enough to win games in Dec. Jan. Especially now with the emergence of Lamb.signing A high priced older WR coming off of an ACL injury screams “let’s sell some merchandise “. No thank you.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Its not my $, and if he can help us in Dec and the playoffs great. I just don't know if its realistic to expect him to be worth a damn this year or not. Gallup had the same surgery and look how long its taken him to get back to playing like himself. OBJ still isn't playing yet, and its his 2nd surgery on that same knee. Theres only 6 games left before the playoffs now. I just don't see the sense of getting rid of Cooper because of his big contract, not acquiring Cooks because of his, just to give the same money to a guy who is a huge question mark.