I do not get the resistance to OBJ

fivetwos

Reaction score
1) He was good with the Giants and Eli.

2) Baker was clearly the issue in Cleveland.

3) With the Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

4) Amari came here with no training camp and Dak and him lit it up. Simply put, Dak can produce with a new wr quickly.

If he passes the physical, enjoy!
When he starts moaning to the media about not getting targets (even Amari Cooper, who didn’t care according to many, felt the need to do so with Dak) it could be more of a problem than he is worth.

Do we really need more excuses to pass more often? This team needs to run the ball and play defense.

Gallup, Lamb, Brown, a great TE group and a pair of RBs playing well ought to be enough on offense.

The OL is key to all of it, and if they aren’t playing well another WR won’t matter.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

3) With the Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

4) Amari came here with no training camp and Dak and him lit it up. Simply put, Dak can produce with a new wr quickly.

30 years old and he's blown the same knee twice? We should be saving money so we can re-sign our own stars. Pollard, Dak, Lamb, Diggs and Parsons.

Desperado

Reaction score
I am not much of a cap guy, but I would rather see our remaining 2022 cap (about $6M) roll into 2023 to help buy down Dak's enormous cap hit next year ($49M). I don't think OBJ will have a huge impact in this season due to the injury recovery and chemistry thing. I do think he would demand attention, which would take heat off of CeeDee & prevent defenses from loading the box against us as much. But, it come down to opportunity cost, IMO.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Ego players joining the Cowboys brings trouble, it always has. Bank on it. OBJ is basking in the attention. He has talent... not humble, team centered attitude... but he does have talent.

Reaction score

He's got a history of being toxic which is a dangerous thing, seems like he's mellowed out though. I think the team doesn't necessarily need him, gold-plating the WR corps hasn't helped in the past when Amari was here, but if they're making a run it helps to have insurance in case of injury.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Cd getting more confident same as Gallup but with his injury. Gallup as the 3rd option and with all these tight ends and our running game. And Tyron coming back. Oh yes bring him in. He would create a lot of mismatches

ESisback

Reaction score
I think what most people are concerned about is the price on a luxury player with 2 major surgeries in a row when we have our own players to sign.

Personally I am good getting him or not.

I see pluses AND minuses…

Plus…
*A dynamic player. When he’s on the field, defenses will be torn, because he can score at any time. Even if you don’t throw to him, he’s an effective decoy, opening things up for Lamb, Gallup and the others. Collectively, the Cowboys’ WR group is probably 10th-15th. With OBJ, top 10, MAYBE even top 5.

*OBJ would add a spark that could make us not just a contender, but if done right, a dominant contender.

Minus…
*He wants too much money.

*He’s coming off a SECOND major injury, and when it’s a WR’s knees, the likelihood of another injury shoots up.

*He’s a diva, he’s controversial, and he gives the massive army of trolls, haters, and ABD’s additional “validation” for their very vocal disdain.

*I worry that with OBJ in the fold, Jerry and KM will go all pass happy, and we’ll lose that great balance that’s enabled our ascension.

IMHO, the minus outweighs the plus. I think we’ll be deadly enough with Lamb, Gallup, Brown, the TE’s, Pollard, Washington, Zeke—if done right.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I would rather the $$$ was spent on Von Miller or Suh. Where it would help the team most. Run defense.

Instead it could be the shiny new toy that will help keep the Cowboys in the headlines and sell more merchandise.

I'm a W-L and winning in January guy. Just seems to me the priorities aren't in the right order.

Me too. Would have preferred Von and/or Suh/Linval Joseph. 1000%.

But those options not available now.

Sign OBJ and LFG!!!

Lutonio

Reaction score
Because he wasn’t that great with Rams last year with the exception of the first half of the super bowl. Now he’s coming off a significant injury, so there’s no guarantee which player comes back.

All that coupled with with not knowing what kind of contract he’s going to want.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would rather the $$$ was spent on Von Miller or Suh. Where it would help the team most. Run defense.

Instead it could be the shiny new toy that will help keep the Cowboys in the headlines and sell more merchandise.

I'm a W-L and winning in January guy. Just seems to me the priorities aren't in the right order.
Von Miller isnt exactly available. We are also very weak at WR after the top 2. Brown has disappeared, and Washington and Tolbert are garbage

youngjerryjones

Reaction score

In hindsight Von Miller ended up being a waste as he may potentially be out for the season. So paying 5M for what could be as MM says "uncommon" film for an opponent may need them to prepare harder and thus providing us with an advantage.

- 5M for 1 year
- Easier schedule with time to develop
- Potential massive christmas game against the Egirls so if this ends up being a 1 yr deal that will have a big impact on 2023 negotiations
- Tyron smith returning to line up - offense gets even better
- Run game takes pressure off of him along with Ceedee
- Jerry jones 100% has some kind of back door under the table type of endorsement he can get him
- Only team i see having more than us right now ^ is KC and they do wild stuff like grab toys they don't need - will depend on KT hamstring severeness
- BALT already has their hands full with LJ gtd contract and kodak black in their locker room i don't think OBJ wants to go there unless they offer him a multi-year deal

817Gill

Reaction score
Dude had 288 yards in the playoffs last January and was on his way to Super Bowl mvp until he got hurt. Those are facts. That is elite production,

What is this “distraction narrative”? He was great with the Rams and they wanted him back.

if he passes the physical, it is a win.
Just old head hate lol. If the media doesn’t even push that narrative anymore then you know it’s BS. Not one teammate has ever said this guy is anything more than a great locker room guy. Shoot, one poster commented on his hair dye being an issue lol just so you know the type of people you’re dealing with.

817Gill

Reaction score
He was ran out of new york to the browns then traded out Cleveland to the Rams, and the team that traded from him didn't want him back. Those are red flags.
The Rams saved his locker and offered him a deal for him back what do you mean?

Ren

Reaction score
Gallup is barely now starting to look like his old self and he's been playing for months. I don't get the thinking that OBJ is going to just be back to old form from day 1 and if he's not then how is he going to help us? We're just adding another big contract to a a position we had to dump one this off-season

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
"Dak, money is tight so since you want OBJ, we'll lower your salary and use the savings for OBJ." lol

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

Oh hell! You just triggered me. I've been doing some resistance bands into my exercise routine.
Damn things hurt me so good.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

When I was a kid and would not get my chores done on time, my father would get all over me. I would say, "I'll do them now."

He would reply - "Too late, Naton." He pronounced it Nay, Tawn.

I never could figure out what he was saying. I knew it was him getting angry with me, but how weird is that?

When I was in my forties, I was watching a John Wayne movie on AMC. She Wore A Yellow Ribbon. The Indians were upset because the cavalry was breaking their word. Wayne rode to the Indians and talked with the chief. He promised he would make this right, and not to go on the war path. Wayne's character's first name was Nathan.

When Wayne made the promise, the chief said, "Too Late, Naytawn." I immediately called my dad because it all made sense now.

So to your comment about Von Miller and Suh.

Too Late, Naytawn.