I do not get the resistance to OBJ

erod

Reaction score
1) He was good with the Giants and Eli.

2) Baker was clearly the issue in Cleveland.

3) With the Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

4) Amari came here with no training camp and Dak and him lit it up. Simply put, Dak can produce with a new wr quickly.

If he passes the physical, enjoy!
30-year-old super diva coming off back-to-back ACL surgeries who wants a multi-year deal and won't be game ready until right before the playoffs.

Why?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
If he was a luxury , dumb and dumber wouldn’t be going after him. They barely fill needs on this team. Let alone adding luxuries

Thats because they care more about "making a splash" than actually making the team better. This is a named player that was real good at one time, and makes Jerry look like he is trying to help the team.

This signing will be about Jerry's ego.

JBS

Reaction score
Thats because they care more about "making a splash" than actually making the team better. This is a named player that was real good at one time, and makes Jerry look like he is trying to help the team.

There are plenty of name player’s available every year. They sign exactly zero of them every year.

ghst187

Reaction score
The only way I see this match being made is if there is some serious contract gymnastics done…
He wants a multi year deal akin to what we just got rid of with Cooper. Thought we were trying to roll cap savings into upcoming years because we are gonna top dollar to keep Diggs and then Parsons, maybe even Pollard and Lamb. 5m is nothing for this year, but 15 next 2-3 doesn’t seem like it would work.

dfense

Reaction score
Nope. Injury prone. His last knee blowout was non-contact. Below average stats last 2 years. His best days are far behind him. He would have to build timing with Dak which would take away time from current WRs. You don't need the offense to lose focus hoping he's some kind of savior. Pass.

Mr_437

Reaction score

3) With the Rams, stafford and him were a TD combo. He was on his way to the Super Bowl MVP (just end of last season) until he hurt his kneee and then Cooper Kupp stepped up.

4) Amari came here with no training camp and Dak and him lit it up. Simply put, Dak can produce with a new wr quickly.

Stop lying. You get the resistance or you slow. There's pros and cons to Beckham whether you want him in Dallas or not everyone knows.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
No way...go away obj
He’s a prima dona. Don’t need any of that.
What blows my mind is that people think he’s gonna come back and be the player he once was or even close to it....come on man. The vatto is DAMAGED GOODS with back to back ACLs blown and wants a muti year deal.
Yeah I bet he does.
Nobody gonna get much of anything outta this guy this season except for a headache or five IF he even is able to play
He’s scratching and clawing to make himself still seem relevant...which he’s simply not.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They would have signed Suh if that was their motivation..

reddyuta

Reaction score
They should sign him as at the very least it will help our run game with keeping the safeties back.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reports were he was to meet with Dallas on December 5th.
however last night on one of the DFW local sports shows, they showed a clip, asking Jerry about it.

Jerry said that he and Odell already talked today (meaning T-Day) and.... had a good talk...he was trying not to smile IMO .... and said again, it was a good talk, I will leave it at that....

Flamma

Reaction score
? I have not been following the situation (I know we will not get Him) . . . Is Beckham looking for a multiple year deal . . . I thought it would only be for the remainder of the season

Or are you worried about spending the money now and losing the opportunity to roll over this years savings?

He's looking for a multi year deal. The cap hit shouldn't be a problem for this year. How much could he possibly make playing only 2-4 games, if that. Plus even if the Cowboys extended Lamb and Diggs, their big cap hits wouldn't come until OBJ was off the team in a few years anyway.

The thing with OBJ is, it would be unwise to give him any guarantees beyond a signing bonus. The Giants may do that. They need him more.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Some here like him, while others feel he'd be a distraction. It's not rocket science. Not all folks think alike -- simple as 1+1=2. :huh:

mardwin

Reaction score
He was ran out of new york to the browns then traded out Cleveland to the Rams, and the team that traded from him didn't want him back. Those are red flags.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

Baker is, or at least used to be popular here, so I suspect most don’t agree that he was the issue. He clearly was, but not sure if everyone agrees

starfan1

Reaction score

do you feel he’s the missing piece?

And do you feel like
that missing piece is worth overpaying when you already have no less than 3 that are already over paid?
Remember Diggs , lamb and parsons are looming for that checkbook

conner01

Reaction score
It's not that I'm strongly against having him here. Its just that he hasn't been an elite player in 6 seasons, looks to be commanding a lot of money, he's had some injuries, and there's the possibility of being a distraction too. You have to weigh the cost vs are we paying much more for a name than what he brings to the field.
In the playoffs he might could help but it’s not like you can sign him for just this year. If that was an option I’d be a bit more up on the idea. And who knows how long it will take for him to even be ready to play