I do not see any difference between that play and the Dez play in 2014 *merged*

blindzebra

Reaction score
He wouldn’t have been upright enough to not be ruled going to the ground. His momentum/body lean was taking him to the ground as soon as his left foot contacted the ground. Dez going to the ground didn’t over rule the catch, it was his inability to hang onto the ball through the contact of the ground that overruled it. The ball touching the ground didn’t overrule the catch, it was the ball coming loose that overruled it.
More complete BS. Dez' body position was more upright then the photo Percy posted until Shields tripped him when the right foot landed.
161kpc6.jpg
IdubgWV.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dez Bryant literally satisfies all the criteria that you just established that he needs to do to become a runner. He had both feet on the ground and made the catch was up right turn took a step to go up field to begin to run he was a runner he was trying to run if the defenders leg hadn't hooked his leg he would have been running and not falling he would not of been going to the ground he was trying to run I don't know how many more ways I can say this he's a runner.

His momentum was taking him to the ground from the time his left foot contacted the turf and to meet the criteria of the rule he had to maintain possession of the ball through the contact of the ground. Everything he did may have satisfied your criteria but the rule is clear on what’s required of a receiver going to the ground.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
More complete BS. Dez' body position was more upright then the photo Percy posted until Shields tripped him when the right foot landed.
161kpc6.jpg
IdubgWV.gif

The only one posting BS is you and the others who keep whining over this call. You don’t even know the difference between a rule clarification and a rule change. It makes no difference if a receiver falls on their own or due to contact with a defender the rule still applies. Dez was clearly going to the ground and it’s laughable that some of you are still in denial over it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's my point. He didn't go to the ground on this play.

#2 was the same moment from a different angle.

2ppd729.jpg

You misunderstood what I said or I wasn’t clear enough for you. He was going to the ground regardless if he could have stayed on his feet all the way to the endzone. He was falling to the ground from the time his left foot touched the turf. Just let it go! :facepalm:

rkell87

Reaction score
His momentum was taking him to the ground from the time his left foot contacted the turf and to meet the criteria of the rule he had to maintain possession of the ball through the contact of the ground. Everything he did may have satisfied your criteria but the rule is clear on what’s required of a receiver going to the ground.
That's my point and that's where you and I fundamentally disagree Dez Bryant was not going to the ground his momentum was not carrying him to the ground the defender hooking his leg and making him trip on his third step is what made him fall to the ground the process of the catch was complete as he became a runner. You do not have to maintain control of the ball through contact with the ground if you have already established yourself as a runner which in my opinion and according to the rules of 2014 does Bryant had.

blindzebra

Reaction score
You misunderstood what I said or I wasn’t clear enough for you. He was going to the ground regardless if he could have stayed on his feet all the way to the endzone. He was falling to the ground from the time his left foot touched the turf. Just let it go! :facepalm:
You are so full of crap. Do us all a favor and just go away since the imagined whining is so distressing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You are so full of crap. Do us all a favor and just go away since the imagined whining is so distressing.

See how easy it is to get under your skin. You need to take another time out. :laugh:

rkell87

Reaction score
You are dead wrong and obviously you were never an athlete

blindzebra

Reaction score
The only one posting BS is you and the others who keep whining over this call. You don’t even know the difference between a rule clarification and a rule change. It makes no difference if a receiver falls on their own or due to contact with a defender the rule still applies. Dez was clearly going to the ground and it’s laughable that some of you are still in denial over it.
He was not going to the ground from the moment his left foot landed that is an outright lie, the GIF clearly shows when he went from vertical to horizontal and that was after his right foot landed and he got tripped by Shields, and I am quite aware of the with or without contact section of Item 1. What is being addressed here is your lie about the left foot, and the complete nonsense of immediately going to the ground by momentum.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's my point and that's where you and I fundamentally disagree Dez Bryant was not going to the ground his momentum was not carrying him to the ground the defender hooking his leg and making him trip on his third step is what made him fall to the ground the process of the catch was complete as he became a runner. You do not have to maintain control of the ball through contact with the ground if you have already established yourself as a runner which in my opinion and according to the rules of 2014 does Bryant had.

His momentum was clearly taking him to the ground. He was falling regardless of the contact with the defender.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
You misunderstood what I said or I wasn’t clear enough for you. He was going to the ground regardless if he could have stayed on his feet all the way to the endzone. He was falling to the ground from the time his left foot touched the turf.
I said, "Dez scored standing up on this play. Is he upright?"

Clearly, you knew I was talking about the play in the photo and not the play in Green Bay, because Dez didn't score standing up in Green Bay.

blindzebra

Reaction score
See how easy it is to get under your skin. You need to take another time out. :laugh:
Wow we have a new challenge for that ironic post HOF. In the Olympic spirit, let's just say you have earned the gold, silver, and bronze for the pot calling the kettle black, ironic post event.

rkell87

Reaction score
His momentum was clearly taking him to the ground. He was falling regardless of the contact with the defender.
No he wasn't you need to get your eyes checked or figure out what's wrong in your brain to where you can't process visual information correctly

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wow we have a new challenge for that ironic post HOF. In the Olympic spirit, let's just say you have earned the gold, silver, and bronze for the pot calling the kettle black, ironic post event.

Take up a hobby that doesn’t involve whining.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No he wasn't you need to get your eyes checked or figure out what's wrong in your brain to where you can't process visual information correctly

If you’re looking to make this personal move on. There’s no problem with my brain. The call was confirmed by the league.

rkell87

Reaction score
You guys that keep arguing the Cowboys got screwed on the call are dead wrong. The league confirmed it. Accept it and move on.
Are you guys keep arguing that Hitler was wrong are dumb, the ***** confirmed that he's right, accept it and move on.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
That's my point and that's where you and I fundamentally disagree Dez Bryant was not going to the ground...
Of course, in 2014 it made no difference whether he was upright or going to the ground anyway, but I agree with you.

rkell87

Reaction score
If you’re looking to make this personal move on. There’s no problem with my brain. The call was confirmed by the league.
You are taking something that didn't happen and then citing that as proof that the league was right in it's call you're ******* ********.