I do think Parsons was the guy all along

kskboys

Reaction score
This. Cornerbacks are the most important defenders, and we had massive need.
MLB's, DT's, S's, and pass rushers are more important. CB's are the icing on the cake, they are rendered useless w/ weaknesses in front/behind them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree. Highly unlikely someone was trading up for Parsons.
They were only going up for QB, WR and Pitts, there were no D players considered trade ups. I don't think teams were interested in trading up for either CB.

This just wasn't considered anything more than a C defensive draft. And it was only A for skill positions on the offense and one OL.

Big_D

Reaction score
This. Cornerbacks are the most important defenders, and we had massive need.

we didn’t have a need at stopping the run? They’ve sucked for years in this area! People still clamoring for CB or better yet.. Oline? Those people haven’t been watching the crappiest D in the history of football. Treated like doormats! If they go corner and think everything will be fine with the same LB group they’ve been peddling for years, nothing changes!

CoachD

Reaction score
He did? I missed that but I did see him say Parsons was the guy all along. Even invited the one asking in to look at the board.

When did he ever divulge he was looking at the two CB's? The only thing I saw him say pre draft was that opt outs don't get the same consideration and that was obvious smokescreen.
Of course he would say that Parsons was the guy all along that's Jerry's way of telling or showing everyone that he's some kind of draft guru I mean what do you expect him to say. Put it this way if one of those two cornerbacks were still on the board do you think that they would have traded down with the Eagles?