I don’t really care if Richard stays or goes

cern

Reaction score
and you know that it was Richardson that made the call to make that move? and you know what coaching he is or isnt doing daily?
yes he did. who do you think was responsible for the move. the same coaches that had kept him at safety the previous three years.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Richard took a failed experiment at safety that everyone said was a bust and made him a Pro-Bowl corner................I think that's pretty good............
imagine that, he used common sense and good coaching. Trying to reinvent the wheel rarely works in the NFL...football in general. Richard got the defense back to hard nose basics. The phrase "keep it simple stupid" is a fact of life, football is no different. Garrett can learn much from a guy like him. Too bad JG will get fired lol

cern

Reaction score
How in the world can you comment specifically on defensive play calling? Please share your research on THAT.
he would be wasting his time. your mind is hermetically sealed shut regarding Kris Richard. you question everyone elses info, but provide nothing to substantiate your own opionion.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Richard took high profile ego's in Seattle and got them to play a role as the unit that became the Legion of Boom. He deserves much cred for that. How would you like to be the guy tasked with coaching and reigning in a guy like Richard Sherman?...no easy task I imagine. What about taking a tweener like Kam Chancellor and finding a role for him where he could dominate? YUP...HE DID IT. Kris Richard did his job in Seattle and should have gotten much more cred than he did. Pete Carrol got the cred, but those players know who the real catalyst was. Richard is building a belief here in the secondary.Its a mental thing,PLUS he has simplified things ,and as a result, the guys are put in a position to win. We cannot lose Kris Richard and I think Saturday night we will get verification of what we have in him after we win.

cern

Reaction score
lost amongst the petty bickering is the work of sanjay lal. wr's are playing much better, too.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Wasn't Bill Bellicheck fired from the browns?

You are correct. Saban was the first coach that came to mind for some reason, I’m not sure. But there are plenty of examples I’m sure.. like Andy Reid. Wasn’t he fired in Philthy? And now he changed a lowly KC team into real SB contenders. Either way, my point was.. just bc a coach was fired, that’s not an indicator of how good or bad a coach is

Rayman70

Reaction score
lost amongst the petty bickering is the work of sanjay lal. wr's are playing much better, too.
great point. Sanjay has helped this group along.You can see the major progress just in the way they run routes. He's another keeper. Cant lose him. Derek Dooley was terrible. I can't find anyone that says he was a good coach. Hot trash.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Why did Richards leave Seattle.

There was no room at the top. Pete was not leaving in the next few years. The only way he could get out of there is if they fired him.

Richards brings passion that I do not see in Garrett.

How many good coaches are going to walk and be great HC's before we get it right.
Payton, Zimmer, ......

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
Lots of people slobbering over a guy that isn’t even the DC of a defense that was about the same as last year. Why? Because he has “passion” I guess. I know he’ll get interviews but what he has shown besides “passion” that make people think he’ll be a good HC? “Passion” lasts about a week so hopefully he has more to offer.
As a Seattle fan, I don’t think he is the savior that some here think he is.
I also don’t think the guy is bad either. I think he is JAC, just another coach. He lacked aggressiveness as the DC here.

Maybe he’ll prove me wrong if he gets a HC gig, we might find out soon.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
If I was Jerry Jones and Richard's dream was to be a HC, I'd be glad to make his dream come true.
No way would I let Richard get away.
Do you really think Richard is going to be a puppet like Garrett, Jerry wants his control

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why did Richards leave Seattle.

There was no room at the top. Pete was not leaving in the next few years. The only way he could get out of there is if they fired him.

Richards brings passion that I do not see in Garrett.

How many good coaches are going to walk and be great HC's before we get it right.
Payton, Zimmer, ......
respectively,I would not put Mike Zimmer in that group. He wasn't a very good DC while here. He was decent at times.Payton is light years better. Richard I have a hunch will be a great HC one day and I think it will be here coaching the cowboys.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Garrett may get us to the big dance..I dunno...but Richard can win it. He has the hardware to prove it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Richard was forced out of Seattle by Carrol. He was entrenched there and wasn't going to retire soon. It was a power play which Carrol won. There loss is our gain.

Rayman70

Reaction score
SB ring, Legion of Boom. PLAYERS LOVE HIM. Leader of men. Coached up a bunch of no names after guys started getting hurt. Has Byron jones in the pro bowl,has Chido and Lewis killin it.

cern

Reaction score
i'd hate to see him leave, but the reality is that he will take a hc position. it is the goal to which those among the coaching ranks aspire. he has an outstanding resume and he's a great interview. he'll make a great first impression on someone.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is an interesting thread to me in that while it's true that the defensive results have statistically been very similar to a year ago, there is a very different "feel" with the defense. Of course, "feel" is hard to define, and in fairness can often be more about perception than reality. Maybe it's not that they are statistically better overall, but rather that they make key plays in crucial moments. Or maybe it's just a false perception, but if it is, it seems to be shared by many.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I hope he stays on and becomes DC on his way to further consideration as a HC, perhaps even in Dallas. I wouldn't be in favor of any drastic moves to keep him Dallas at this point in time. If he does get offered a position as Head Coach, I wish him well.