I don’t really care if Richard stays or goes

Buzzbait

Reaction score
He’s probably going to have a HC opportunity soon. Being a DC may not be enough to keep him around. If he really wants to be a HC, why would he stay here? Many on these boards act like we just need to pay him big bucks to stay. But for guys who really want to be a HC, throwing cash at them isn’t a guarantee to work.

If I was Jerry Jones and Richard's dream was to be a HC, I'd be glad to make his dream come true.
No way would I let Richard get away.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Haven't seen not one replacement nominee for Richard thru all the discrediting of his impact. Byron Jones would still be a FS...they didn't know what to do with him. It took a "Real" DB coach to get things right back there.

If Richard is gone cool, but go get somebody who can coach up all this talent, and not just hold a job b/c of the talent...…….

…...like a certain HC we all know.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I think Coach Richards is the best Coach that has been here in a very long time. He deserves a HC job. The three teams that interviewed him: don't go there, Coach! although it is flattering to be considered. They are not winning organizations! Wait a little bit longer for a better opportunity. You have been a match made in heaven for the Cowboys and elevated this team in ways that cannot be measured. Make Jerry give you a big raise and elevate you here!

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Wasn't Bill Bellicheck fired from the browns?
I think he had turned the team around and was about to make a run. Then the team was sold and moved to Baltimore. Very unusual circumstances.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Newsflash: If he's not here, we're not in playoffs.
stark reality!!!! agree. NOWAY are we beating the saints without him,nor winning those final 7 games. He was the best move we made last offseason...bar none.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Richard has championship pedigree and the youthfulness that some teams will be looking for since the rams went with sean mcvay. He also clearly has the respect of his players.

I definitely don't see it in NY. Not sure about TB and Miami thus far. I definitely think the league is leaning toward offensive minded head coaches. However you can still bring in a defensive guy as long as you have the right "offensive guru" to handle your young quarterback.

Bottom line - Richard will at the very least get a D coordinator job you would think. So at the very least you would expect that he's going to be promoted to that position full time with a pay raise. Hopefully Jerry and co can prioritize this and keep him around. They can obviously pay him. Keep stability on the defense. let marinelli stay on as the consultant if he wants.
he aint leaving. Jerry may be a lot of things...but stupid isn't one of them.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if JG poops the bed saturday...RICHARD WILL BE OUR HC IN 2019. At worst, JJ redoes his deal,bumps up his pay, and gives him the official DC title.. Rod retires.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I also see Richaed being named HC/DC no matter the outcome,with Ben Bloom being named joint DC with Richard.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Lots of people slobbering over a guy that isn’t even the DC of a defense that was about the same as last year. Why? Because he has “passion” I guess. I know he’ll get interviews but what he has shown besides “passion” that make people think he’ll be a good HC? “Passion” lasts about a week so hopefully he has more to offer.
I think Kris could be a great DC for us but Ive said since we've had him that I would not want him as a head coach. Starting over with an inexperience HC is not appealing to me. Not to mention what makes Kris attractive as a coach at all is what he does on the defensive side of the ball.....who would be our DC....who would Kris bring in as our OC.....heck our entire staff.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'd like to keep him around, but I don't blame him if he takes a HC gig. He's worked his way up and now he has a chance.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lots of people slobbering over a guy that isn’t even the DC of a defense that was about the same as last year. Why? Because he has “passion” I guess. I know he’ll get interviews but what he has shown besides “passion” that make people think he’ll be a good HC? “Passion” lasts about a week so hopefully he has more to offer.

I agree. He is a good coach but it was good defensive drafting that makes our defense good.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Do you have a source for this?
YES...only every NFL announcer and or pundit covering the cowboys for the last 2 years. Marinelli himself has mentioned it. Im not very tech savvy, so if you want a link or more info, you need to go find it yourself.