Twitter: I don't buy Zeke's knee injury excuse

blueblood70

Reaction score
good thing fans opinions don't count as much as player, coach, and team as they know what's going on

to all the fans with conspiracy theory's and hyperbole matched with troll narratives on certain players, your opinions are worth as much as the dirt on the bottom of my shoe.

quickccc

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you don't either but some of you might.

Consider this. He apparently injured the knee week 4 against the Panthers.

Now if Zeke's knee injury was so limiting why would he rush for 110 yards and 5.2 yards per carry the very next week? How is that possible 7 days after a ligament tear yet it's so debilitating the rest of the season?

I'm sure he had a knee issue but I think it's been used to cover for a rapidly declining once superstar. A player the Cowboys are not only heavily invested in and loyal to because of the contract but the fact that he's the QB's best friend.

This is a real problem and it's not going away in 2022. No matter how many awesome offseason workout videos he posts.

" You don't buy the knee injury excuse ,.. but you're sure there was a knee injury issue ? " .... LOL ,... does that make any kind of logical sense ? ............. :muttley:

yeh, .Thanks for somewhat clearing that up .......... :huh:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
There's your answer. The players don't decide who gets to play. (or doesn't get to play in this case). That's on coaches/FO
Zeke is a grown up and a professional. He is well past the point in his life where "mommy made me do it" is an acceptable excuse. No body in this organization ever takes ownership when it comes to failure but any time there is a sliver of success watch out. It is like sharks in a wading pool trying to get a piece of the glory.

The only exception appears to be Parsons. We are so lucky to have drafted him. I just hope he is ready for the challenge ahead.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Again, by all accounts he was in the best shape of his career coming into camp. His numbers the first month of the season were right on pace with what he was doing in his second season. All signs were pointing to him being a top 3-4 rusher and having a great bounce back season. Maybe you're confused, a 26 year old doesn't just fall of a cliff 5 weeks into the season.

The bigger issue is. He can be in great shape and all that. But history tells us that RB’s with heavy usage, start to get less productive because their body can’t take the beating of a 16 (now 17) game season anymore.

Honestly I would be shocked if Zeke is able to maintain explosion and productivity all of next season too.

The Natural

Reaction score
Zeke is a grown up and a professional. He is well past the point in his life where "mommy made me do it" is an acceptable excuse. No body in this organization ever takes ownership when it comes to failure but any time there is a sliver of success watch out. It is like sharks in a wading pool trying to get a piece of the glory.

The only exception appears to be Parsons. We are so lucky to have drafted him. I just hope he is ready for the challenge ahead.
What the hell are you even talking about goofy? A lot of guys go out and play injured, it is the job of the STAFF to do what is in the best interest of the team and individual. He should not have been allowed to play, getting mad at a guy for being a competitor and trying to play through injury instead of directing that to the coaches and medical professionals that enabled him to do it is dumb as hell.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
My question is why didn't they just rest Zeke for a few games in he was really that injured? They could have made Pollard the number 1 RB during that time and then have him spilt carries with Clement, who couldn't have done any worse than Zeke was doing at times behind the Cowboys OL.

The Natural

Reaction score
My question is why didn't they just rest Zeke for a few games in he was really that injured? They could have made Pollard the number 1 RB during that time and then have him spilt carries with Clement, who couldn't have done any worse than Zeke was doing at times behind the Cowboys OL.
You’re trying to bring rational discussion to an organization that does irrational things.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Absolute nonsense and shameful. His season was just like his career. A blazing start followed by an epic collapse. He destroyed the effectiveness of the offense every time he touched the ball and absolutely no one cared.
:hammer:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The only thing that Zeke should be saying is sorry I stunk and let everyone down.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Y'all know McCarthy is bad with remembering about injuries...when they happened, when a player is coming back.

Zeke looked decent before his injury, just wish he would've sat out, got surgery or whatever. The biggest issue is why was Zeke playing? Whoever made that call to play an injured Zeke over Pollard is the the person losing games...Jerry or MM.

ShortRound

Reaction score
The GM can't be exposed, he'd be an idiot and would have to be fired.

Everyone can see the problem but no one will do anything about it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
One of Jerry's best decisions - paying Elliott what he did.

There were a lot of smart people here that said it was a bad idea. There were also a lot of people here who thought Elliott was this transcedent player that we had to sign. Those people look completely foolish at this time.
I took heavy fire for saying I'd never draft a RB in the 1st round let alone 4th overall. But it's a senseless point at this point. We can "would have-should have" till we're blue in the face with Jones. :lmao:

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm sure most of you don't either but some of you might.

Consider this. He apparently injured the knee week 4 against the Panthers.

Now if Zeke's knee injury was so limiting why would he rush for 110 yards and 5.2 yards per carry the very next week? How is that possible 7 days after a ligament tear yet it's so debilitating the rest of the season?

I mean...Giants

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have a feeling that Jerry might have influenced McCarthy to give more carries to Zeke. If that's the case then Jerry needs to fire himself.
No doubt. If everyone recalls MM said he wanted to rest Zeke but then Jethro came out and said Zeke said he could play.

That’s all these players have to do is appeal to our Chief Idiot.