Twitter: I don't buy Zeke's knee injury excuse

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Pantone282C

Pantone282C Well-Known Member

8,075 Messages
    11,987 Likes Received
    The Shell game continues.

BBGTYCOON and ShortRound like this.
  2. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

45,122 Messages
    27,389 Likes Received
    Yep

But we have fans who thought just because we hired an experienced HC that Jethro wouldn’t continue to meddle.

Pantone282C and BBGTYCOON like this.
  3. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

4,793 Messages
    1,140 Likes Received
    That would be a good follow to MM excuse for Zeke's poor play.

Reporter to MM:
    Mike, regardless of the cause of Zeke's production decline, why didn't the coaching staff recognize/decide to use a more capable player that would improve offensive production?

4. BBGTYCOON

BBGTYCOON Well-Known Member

600 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

5. Ranching

Ranching Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    36,419 Messages
    92,755 Likes Received
    I don't buy you're idiocy, but we're stuck with you, like we're stuck with Zeke.....He's a man and played hurt......what have you done? Have you ever broken a sweat?

6. BBGTYCOON

BBGTYCOON Well-Known Member

600 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    Don't ever buy merchandise, tickets, memorabilia etc., not even at wholesale prices. Boycott Jerry and his foolishness.

jnday likes this.
  7. Mr_437

Mr_437 Well-Known Member

9,756 Messages
    10,516 Likes Received
    :lmao:

8. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,118 Messages
    76,817 Likes Received
    Maybe but Cole Beasley is also a notorious whiner so I am not sure I'd put a lot of faith in things he's uttering.

DeaconBlues likes this.
  9. Ranching

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    36,419 Messages
    92,755 Likes Received
    That's ridiculous.....looks at some of the guys that Jerry cut.....we're just stupid fans with no clue.

10. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

14,118 Messages
    26,888 Likes Received
    I understand that, but watching them play Zeke over the better player clearly seems to show what Beasley is talking about.

I'm also reminded about Witten taking a year off, coming back, and instantly playing 99% of the snaps.

There's something to what Beasley is saying here.

Sydla, BBGTYCOON and Pantone282C like this.
  11. MountaineerCowboy

MountaineerCowboy Well-Known Member

14,118 Messages
    26,888 Likes Received
    "We're" not.

Some of us live in reality.

BBGTYCOON likes this.
  12. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,118 Messages
    76,817 Likes Received
    Through 4 games, he was averaging 85 yards per game, which would be 13 yards less per game than his 2017 and 2018 seasons.

He was not on pace to match his 2nd season. He did have 4 TDs through 4 games this year but that hardly shows he was on pace to match his 2017 season production.

Some of you are really struggling with the reality that Zeke just isn't as good as he was. And frankly, this was utterly predictable too.

13. DasTex

DasTex Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    3,726 Messages
    2,999 Likes Received
    I don't know - to me Zeke looked better at the beginning of the year that I'd had seen him in the past couple years. Quicker, some explosion was back, moving better to the hole. I was pretty excited about what he looked like. Then after week 6 he fell off a cliff and moved like he was hurt. Very stiff, no explosion, no fluid movement.

14. nightrain

nightrain Since 1971

10,452 Messages
    17,111 Likes Received
    I suspect the Jones Boys have been wielding their influence over personnel for quite some time. The OL scramble after Collins returned is another example of risky personnel moves.

15. MajesticRey

MajesticRey Well-Known Member

744 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    No one of us know the true story, but we can all clearly see he was being outperformed by Pollard when it came to offensive production. The coaching staff is stupid for making Zeke the featured back.

16. jwitten82

jwitten82 Well-Known Member

5,171 Messages
    7,047 Likes Received
    Who cares if he played hurt? His production hurt the team

17. Ranching

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    36,419 Messages
    92,755 Likes Received
    I don't blame him.....I blame the coaches.....he could have cashed it and he'd didn't....he has my respect

18. jwitten82

jwitten82 Well-Known Member

5,171 Messages
    7,047 Likes Received
    He did it for selfish reasons....id outdrink you anyday, playboi!!!

MountaineerCowboy likes this.
  19. G2

G2 Taco Engineer

19,784 Messages
    21,311 Likes Received
    Yeah, I don't think that would work. there are a ton of diehard fans, probably not here but there are a ton.

20. TexasBacon

TexasBacon Well-Known Member

386 Messages
    893 Likes Received

I see your point but using the same thought process does it also make sense that he started pretty hot and then just completely fell off one day and never had another game reminiscent of how he started? I could see a more steady decline making sense but such a steep drop off that he never regained does lend itself to the idea that he had an injury. Now, if he truly was injured it just means this coaching staff/ front office are even bigger morons than we thought to not just go with Pollard/Clement and let Zeke rest. I still have nightmares of him just barreling up the middle for no gain for the last 9 weeks of the season.