Twitter: I don't buy Zeke's knee injury excuse

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did it for selfish reasons....id outdrink you anyday, playboi!!!
I used to be able to drink about 35 beers a night....I'm a punk now...only about 25....so, yeah....you probably could...I'm 55 years old and no longer a playboi....Salud, brother

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Perhaps part of the philosophy is also to let Zeke wear himself out and degrade his game and overall production to make his cut next year more of a no-brainer vs. something that would upset fans. Zeke is going to put himself out there because he's a football player who wants to be on the field.

Whatever the case might be, enjoy Zeke's contribution next year and remember the good times like how exciting his rookie season was. Outside of suddenly looking explosive, he's in his Cowboy twilight and we simply have to get faster at the position.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I used to be able to drink about 35 beers a night....I'm a punk now...only about 25....so, yeah....you probably could...I'm 55 years old and no longer a playboi....Salud, brother
I don't drink beer, I prefer liquor.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure most of you don't either but some of you might.

Consider this. He apparently injured the knee week 4 against the Panthers.

Now if Zeke's knee injury was so limiting why would he rush for 110 yards and 5.2 yards per carry the very next week? How is that possible 7 days after a ligament tear yet it's so debilitating the rest of the season?

I'm sure he had a knee issue but I think it's been used to cover for a rapidly declining once superstar. A player the Cowboys are not only heavily invested in and loyal to because of the contract but the fact that he's the QB's best friend.

This is a real problem and it's not going away in 2022. No matter how many awesome offseason workout videos he posts.

Bringing this up looks bad. I don't recall Zeke consistently being on the injury report week to week, so did he really have a limiting injury? And even if he did, why not use Pollard more? I'm not sure Pollard would be right to cover the full load at RB, but it was obvious he could have handled a bigger load than he was given. Pollard's carries actually kept decreasing as the season went on. He had double digit carries 5 of the first 6 weeks, and only 3 times the remaining 10 games

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Ego, “role”, salary, and status over production. The Cowboys way.

We will never win a thing while “leadership” continues to live out of the wrong value set.

No wonder we have a roster full of entitled boys. No one has to earn anything and if someone out produces you— don’t worry. Uncle Jerry will be there to make sure the top salaries get their carries

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Through 4 games, he was averaging 85 yards per game, which would be 13 yards less per game than his 2017 and 2018 seasons.

He was not on pace to match his 2nd season. He did have 4 TDs through 4 games this year but that hardly shows he was on pace to match his 2017 season production.

Some of you are really struggling with the reality that Zeke just isn't as good as he was. And frankly, this was utterly predictable too.
Why purposely leave out his attempts per game?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Bringing this up looks bad. I don't recall Zeke consistently being on the injury report week to week, so did he really have a limiting injury? And even if he did, why not use Pollard more? I'm not sure Pollard would be right to cover the full load at RB, but it was obvious he could have handled a bigger load than he was given. Pollard's carries actually kept decreasing as the season went on. He had double digit carries 5 of the first 6 weeks, and only 3 times the remaining 10 games

Can’t make Zeke look bad. Because then his contract looks bad. Which in turn makes Jerry and Stephen look bad.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
The PCL thing is so minor, trust me. Most, if not all, athletes would be able to play with it and be effective, Just another Cowboy trying to make excuses for his lackluster play. This organization is a country club and has zero accountability.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I think the best case is Zeke can capture old Zeke for 3-4 games next year. So they need to manage him and hope by the end of the year he can give you those games.

So Pollard needs to get more carries and a third running back needs to be brought in via the draft or FA (Ideally thru draft in rounds 3-5). Pollard 45%, rookie 30%, Zeke 25%. Then maybe at end of the year Zeke can give you those 3-4 games.

I doubt it happens though.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can’t make Zeke look bad. Because then his contract looks bad. Which in turn makes Jerry and Stephen look bad.
I think that may have been an early consideration, but Zeke continually sucking obviously does that anyway, and if Pollard performed well they would at least save some face by being able to say they saw Pollard's talent when others didn't

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
They're all bad, stop spending money on their products. Boycott the cowboys and spread the word.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Now if Zeke's knee injury was so limiting why would he rush for 110 yards and 5.2 yards per carry the very next week? How is that possible 7 days after a ligament tear yet it's so debilitating the rest of the season?

I'm sure he had a knee issue but I think it's been used to cover for a rapidly declining once superstar. A player the Cowboys are not only heavily invested in and loyal to because of the contract but the fact that he's the QB's best friend.

This is a real problem and it's not going away in 2022. No matter how many awesome offseason workout videos he posts.

let the excuses continue.....

exactly....if he was injured, why not sit him or even up carries with Pollard....so now it was his PCL, but we never considered pollard!!! then you are either dumb or lying

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
From what I've read, Zeke refused to sit out. He saw what Pollard did against LAC and knew he might be out of a job if Pollard got too many carries.
Zeke Refused!!! ok, he can refuse all he wants....the coaches have access to medical staff and their words are final...the coach tells him its best for the TEAM if you sit down. I love your heard, but you need to heal first.

Sydla

Reaction score
Why purposely leave out his attempts per game?

That's fair. I stupidly didn't even think to look at ypc, I just assumed he was talking total yards.

But it also highlights the reality that our highly paid TB was seeing some carries he normally got in previous years, go to another TB.

At the end of the day, Elliott has a bad contract and likely will never match what he did as a rookie.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I try hard to avoid conspiracy theories, but why wouldn't you try Pollard if Elliott is clearly injured? Unless Pollard was worse off than they led on? I'm at a loss. Not only that, but we just simply abandoned the run balance. Flashback to Garrett.

Last edited:

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
I think the best case is Zeke can capture old Zeke for 3-4 games next year. So they need to manage him and hope by the end of the year he can give you those games.

So Pollard needs to get more carries and a third running back needs to be brought in via the draft or FA (Ideally thru draft in rounds 3-5). Pollard 45%, rookie 30%, Zeke 25%. Then maybe at end of the year Zeke can give you those 3-4 games.

I doubt it happens though.
That approach will require a competent HC who's main concern is winning. Does McCarthy value winning & team success enough to stand up to his boss who is a money hungry control freak?

Last edited:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Been there, and done that as Dallas Cowboys fans remember...see link...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...average/f05d4e26-5d16-4f06-bfdb-7896e75f6631/

Zeke was hurt mid year. No running back wears a knee brace like that not to protect an injury. There is a difference for hurt and injured.

You can not use a back with Elliott's talent as runner, receiver and block with 10-15 touches per game. All these Tony Pollard fans were the same Arlington Jonesboys that was saying let Demarco Murray go and play Joseph Randle. How did that work out? Remember that Tony Pollard has never carried any RB load at Memphis and was 3rd string. He was a tweener between RB and WR and was not 1st or 2nd team at any of those positions.

This is about a GM and coaching staff knowing what they have and how to use what they have (see David Shula and Emmitt Smith). Elliott literally ran Ohio St. to a NCAA Championship in the end running rough shod over Nick Saban Alabama defense. So what did we do in the 2021 Divisional playoff game when he was ready and in better health? Arlington Jonesboys gave him 12 carries and 1 reception.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Absolute nonsense and shameful. His season was just like his career. A blazing start followed by an epic collapse. He destroyed the effectiveness of the offense every time he touched the ball and absolutely no one cared.

I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU AND YOU NEED TO RESPOND!!!! THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE PASS SO OFTEN, don't you think if he got more than 2 yards we would want to run more??? Everyone says run more run the offense through Zeke, are you kidding me for what?????? He doesn't nothing to make this offense go. The reason he made those off season videos for us to see is so that fans didn't think he was washed up. Well guess what, HE IS!!! Hell even Clements gave us something to work with. It's all about the money in his contract regardless if he's not the best option!!! Take him off the field, injury may have a little to do with it, but the fact that he's not what he used to be is the real issue!!!!!