I don't care if T.O. scores 20 TDs...

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
I agree.
But my point is it's detracting from the things worthy of repoting on.
My thirst for Dallas info and praise is being hindered by his neverending story.

Which is why you decided to start a thread to discuss...TO.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Again I ask the original poster, how getting rid of TO stops the media stories? It wouldnt stop them it woul fuel them. For the rest of the season ALL the media talk would be on why we got rid of TO.

Man I hope Ware doesnt have a breakout season, because if the media starts talking about him to much we may have to cut him

aikemirv

Reaction score
The Media is the DEVIL!!

I get to use that phrase at least twice a day around here - I just love it!

aikemirv

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Did you feel the same way when our players in the 1990s were busted for drugs, having trials, crashing cars etc? Bet you never called for Irvin to be cut because he was often an issue a week kind of guy.

Quickdraw, You're a couple post away from being called a hypocrite - just warning you - it is the T.O. allies favorite term!

BHendri5

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Okay, I guess I'm the only one who watched football last year and actually knows why the media is so interested in this guy.
I guess I'm the only one who didn't want him here to begin with and thinks he should be flippin burgers for a living instead of playing football.
And I guess I'm the only one who sees how this is already detracting from this football team and how it will only continue no matter what our record is.

That's fine...

just make sure I'm the only one angry when this punk leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth on his exit.

Dude you sound like those idiot media guys. Philly has more to do with what happened last season than T.O. But they will not own up to it.
You know philly is a classless organization. But then again you might think they were in the right, just by going off of your posts.

This is what you do, do not watch any of the games, find another team to root for, that will settle all of your problems. You are the common denominator in all this hate for T.O

You want us to believe that Owens wants all this attention from the media, their constant questioning his heart, attitude, committment, loyalty.

Man, you're an astronaut.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The Mantra continues:

It is the medias fault.

It is Phillys fault.

He is not a criminal.

You need to find another team to root for if you don't like T.O. on the team.

yada yada yada......

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
aikemirv said:
The Mantra continues:

It is the medias fault.

It is Phillys fault.

He is not a criminal.

yada yada yada......

I don't like TO either but he is a Cowboy now and with him we are a better team than without him. Simple as that.

Maybe you would prefer we go back to the days when our receivers were Jason Tucker, Chris Brazzell and Wade McGarrity. I know I wouldn't.

We have always had prima donna types, Hollywood Henderson, Deion Sanders, Michael Irvin, other problem children like Leon Lett, Erik Williams.

For me, I don't care as long as they well on Sundays.

Merlin

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
ship him out of town now.

I'm beyond fed up with the incessant T.O. bantering.

I'm missing out on good quality analysis for, and props due to my football team. All for one jackass who didn't get enough attention as a child.

I rather keep TO and ship some "un-named" fans out of town. ;)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
aikemirv said:
The Mantra continues:

It is the medias fault.

It is Phillys fault.

He is not a criminal.

yada yada yada......
Actually, ... yes.

It is not like Owens had no fault, but the media did play a part, much like they are doing now.

Philly's QB, coach & ownership played a part, .. not to mention weak leadership in the lockerroom.

And the last time I checked, he IS NOT a criminal, like some other WR to wear the star.

You don't need to find another team, but either do that or just relax, because Owens isn't going anywhere.

Hoov

Reaction score
TO will never be a favorite of mine, but he is a dallas cowboy and there's nothing any of us fans can do about it. Nothing.

as far as his time with dallas, he hasnt done anything yet that should be considered poor character. The media is laughable in that they just run wild with anything TO related. And yes, its because of the way he handled things in the past, but you gonna beat a dead horse and rip someone again and again for their past ? Even IF TO is a model citizen he will still get ripped and anything he does or says will get twisted.

I dont expect him to be somethig he is not, i dont expect him to become the ultimate team player or teamate. Im just going to watch my favoriteteam play football every sunday. and he is a part of that team. so i will root for him as a football player and watch our offense hopefully be productive, but i am not going to yell yay for TO when he scores or proclaim his greatness if he has a good year.

But like it or not, he is a dallas cowboy and there is nothing any of us can do about it.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Philly's QB, coach & ownership played a part, .. not to mention weak leadership in the lockerroom.

So it's the team's fault because they didn't get TO under control?

Look, TO is a man not a wild stallion. He shouldn't need to be "broken."

Stop making excuses for his behavior.

Yes, he's a Cowboy. No, I didn't want him on the team. Now that he's here, I've accepted that.

Maybe his situation is resulting in media overkill. But this is what we signed on for when we signed TO.

I wish posters would stop complaining about what should have known was coming once we signed TO.

He brings this kind of coverage.

Just deal with it.

Now on to the Super Bowl. :D

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
So it's the team's fault because they didn't get TO under control?

Look, TO is a man not a wild stallion. He shouldn't need to be "broken."

Stop making excuses for his behavior.

Yes, he's a Cowboy. No, I didn't want him on the team. Now that he's here, I've accepted that.

Maybe his situation is resulting in media overkill. But this is what we signed on for when we signed TO.

I wish posters would stop complaining about what should have known was coming once we signed TO.

He brings this kind of coverage.

Just deal with it.

Now on to the Super Bowl. :D
No, it's the teams fault that they allowed it to affect the whole team the way they did.

I'm not making excuses for his behavior because he hasn't done anything out of line since he became a Cowboy to make excuses for, .. and I'm dealing with it just fine thank you.

It has not been a problem for me as it has been for some.

Social D

Reaction score
Hoov said:
TO will never be a favorite of mine, but he is a dallas cowboy and there's nothing any of us fans can do about it. Nothing.

as far as his time with dallas, he hasnt done anything yet that should be considered poor character. The media is laughable in that they just run wild with anything TO related. And yes, its because of the way he handled things in the past, but you gonna beat a dead horse and rip someone again and again for their past ? Even IF TO is a model citizen he will still get ripped and anything he does or says will get twisted.

I dont expect him to be somethig he is not, i dont expect him to become the ultimate team player or teamate. Im just going to watch my favoriteteam play football every sunday. and he is a part of that team. so i will root for him as a football player and watch our offense hopefully be productive, but i am not going to yell yay for TO when he scores or proclaim his greatness if he has a good year.

But like it or not, he is a dallas cowboy and there is nothing any of us can do about it.
:bravo: well said.

wileedog

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

I'm missing out on good quality analysis for, and props due to my football team. All for one jackass who didn't get enough attention as a child.

The irony is if he actually scores 20 TDs with the Cowboys the media coverage of him and the team will increase tenfold. Probably be some playoffs and SB coverage to go with it as well.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:

This is basically the Nathan thread all over again without the plea for a boycott.

I honestly wonder what the possible purpose of a thread like this is? Is it to find comfort with other TO haters? If so, you don't really need a thread, the same posters pop up in every bash fest- just PM them- better yet get their phone #'s so you can whine yourselves to sleep at night together, they say misery loves company.

Is it to convert the confused masses that it's essential to condemn TO now and not wait to judge him on what he actually does here as a member of the Cowboys instead of whatever crap the media cares to invent?

Or are you really a closet fan of controversy? "I can't take no more of this TO crap...click mouse" Whichever one it is know this: TO is here for at least this year and probably longer- either deal with it or join Nathan with his picket sign outside Valley Ranch. Nobody really cares which.:rolleyes:

illone

Reaction score
It took about a year before these posts showed up on Philly boards.

Season hasn't even started yet and people are growing tired of TO's antics.

Interesting.

:)

aikemirv

Reaction score
DLCassidy said:
Is it to convert the confused masses that it's essential to condemn TO now and not wait to judge him on what he actually does here as a member of the Cowboys instead of whatever crap the media cares to invent?

Actually, to me it looks like the confirmation of just some of the worries some people had about T.O. being in Dallas.

#1 - That it would not be about the COWBOYS anymore and just about "what T.O. is doing with the Cowboys" (not T.O.'s fault in any way mind you - just the way it is)

#2 - That T.O. would invite the media into his issues just like he has in the past - AKA the Discovery Jersey and Helmet.

#3 - That T.O. can not let the past be the past - Writing the book and the rap song "I got my money"

I am over the T.O. thing but when people get blasted for bringing up the current situation and explaining how it is what they feared it does bug me a little bit.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
illone said:
It took about a year before these posts showed up on Philly boards.

Season hasn't even started yet and people are growing tired of TO's antics.

Interesting.

:)
See, that's just it, ... Owens has done nothing since he has been in Dallas for people to grow tired of.

But I don't expect a lame Rskin troll to know that, so you are excused.

So the people that are complaining have judged him prior to his coming to Dallas.

Which is fine, that is their right, ... but it is not all of us, trust me.

Some of us are nowhere near the ledge and haven't even thought about jumping.