I don't understand the Jones family at all

fifaguy

Reaction score
Let me preface by saying that I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is the answer at the backup QB position. But, I saw Romo's first EVER action live and I saw nothing that would indicate he was worth a ****. Now, that was a pre-season game and it was literally the first time Bill Parcells had led the Cowboys in any meaningful way. But Romo looked............wait for it............weak armed and completely out of his element.

Romo's regular season debut looked eerily like Moore's performance last week. Again, I am in no way suggesting that Moore is the next Tony Romo but anyone that makes a determination of what Moore is or isn't based on 2+ quarters of football has no clue what they are talking about (with all due respect).

I haven't made a determination of any sort; jus
Let me preface by saying that I haven't seen anything to suggest that he is the answer at the backup QB position. But, I saw Romo's first EVER action live and I saw nothing that would indicate he was worth a ****. Now, that was a pre-season game and it was literally the first time Bill Parcells had led the Cowboys in any meaningful way. But Romo looked............wait for it............weak armed and completely out of his element.

Romo's regular season debut looked eerily like Moore's performance last week. Again, I am in no way suggesting that Moore is the next Tony Romo but anyone that makes a determination of what Moore is or isn't based on 2+ quarters of football has no clue what they are talking about (with all due respect).

I agree with what you said in your first sentence.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Like I said, at least half a brain is a requirement

You right, I should have took half a brain into account when you created your post. As it appears you only used half of your brain to create it.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Jerry Jones and family, instead of being applauded for all the successes in their lives, are going to remembered for the ineptitude and egoism that have essentially made them a laughing stock to the majority of people in their 'primary' business, football (coaches, scouts, front office people etc..), and millions of fans who view them as losers and fools who have kept their beloved franchise in a dark hole for going on 30 years.

Instead they receive only the plaudits of the sycophants, hangers on, drinking buddies, and others who owe their own personal financial future beholden to the family.

It is an absolute shame to have come so far in life only to be viewed in such a manner.

In a way i feel sorry for them.

This is the reason that every time Deion is interviewed he never has anything bad to say about JJ, because he knows that Jerry paid him prime money while his best days were long gone.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Garrett does what he wants to do, just as Stephen is running the team and not Jerry. Jerry is telling them what to do

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Righttttttt....since backup QB's were on sale at Walmart this offseason.:rolleyes:

And THIS is exactly why a coach that can make a difference is what separates the good teams from the rest in this league. We couldnt even milk ONE single solitary win out of our time w/o Romo. Our "coach" couldnt make enough difference to get ONE win when he needed to step up.

dallasdave

Reaction score
And THIS is exactly why a coach that can make a difference is what separates the good teams from the rest in this league. We couldnt even milk ONE single solitary win out of our time w/o Romo. Our "coach" couldnt make enough difference to get ONE win when he needed to step up.

You said and said it well indeed !!!!

visionary

Reaction score
You right, I should have took half a brain into account when you created your post. As it appears you only used half of your brain to create it.

Actually it took less than 0.000001% of my brain

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
The Cowboys have been viewed as Superbowl contenders plenty of times. That doesn't mean there isn't a bad football culture in Dallas.

Other than Owens drama, this team has no bad culture. Players love the team. The culture problem seems to be with fans. We saw it with Parcells fans turned on him quick. Wade came in and had that great 13-3 season and were all over his jock. Fans turned on him faster. And mostly by them same fans who were all on his jock. Enter JG and the majority were on the bandwagon after last yr, Romo goes down and all of the sudden theres a culture problem. The problem isnt this team it's the people who are them types of fans who turn it off and on depending on how the teams doing. Some will take offense to this but its the 100% truth. This team has the largest fan base in all of sports. But its probably also one of the worst fan bases in all of sports.

Now a question to you, what is a bad football culture? You people read the writers who you people hate but because it fits your frame of thought at that exact moment it stays with you.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It is absolutely not bull crap

Any cowboy fan with even half a brain knows that the biggest obstacle to winning in Dallas is jerry and the jones family

Then seemed to win just fine last yr with their franchise QB and had to have a ref steal their season.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Out of all the bad of this season and questions about the coaching, the one thing I can't see is Garrett being the ultimate "yes man" to Jerry. I think when fans post that it's out of frustration more than anything else.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Other than Owens drama, this team has no bad culture. Players love the team. The culture problem seems to be with fans. We saw it with Parcells fans turned on him quick. Wade came in and had that great 13-3 season and were all over his jock. Fans turned on him faster. And mostly by them same fans who were all on his jock. Enter JG and the majority were on the bandwagon after last yr, Romo goes down and all of the sudden theres a culture problem. The problem isnt this team it's the people who are them types of fans who turn it off and on depending on how the teams doing. Some will take offense to this but its the 100% truth. This team has the largest fan base in all of sports. But its probably also one of the worst fan bases in all of sports.

Now a question to you, what is a bad football culture? You people read the writers who you people hate but because it fits your frame of thought at that exact moment it stays with you.

Due to the losing season you have folks who've left their better judgement at the front door and are now posting the most negative slant they can on any Cowboy topic brought up.

Dodger12

Reaction score

Yes, I agree. The bad fan base is the reason we're not winning. They are the main problem with this team.

Dodger12

Reaction score
This is the reason that every time Deion is interviewed he never has anything bad to say about JJ, because he knows that Jerry paid him prime money while his best days were long gone.

Not sure this is accurate. Deion was a beast in a Cowboys uniform and it wasn't until his last year when he had some kind of turf toe injury that caused him to miss some games that we did not get our money's worth. Deion consistently played at an All-Pro level when he was here.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So you can't see that Moore was doing better than Cassel ever did?

I didn't see anything of note besides 3 bad INTs. The TD to Dez was at the LOS on an all out blitz.

I'm no fan of Cassel so even if you think he did better that is a very low bar.

Dodger12

Reaction score
If only we were all on the Garrett bandwagon we would be winning. :facepalm:

Not enough positive thoughts to get us over the hump. But I continue to be amazed at the outside the box thinking yer again.

-Garrett never had a losing season (until this year).
-He's following the same path as Landry, Bellichick, Johnson and other HOF quality coaches (BTW, did you know what Landry's record was his first year as HC?).
-He kept us competitive while he re-built the team.
-He didn't runt he ball because he didn't have the OL to do it.
-He's a strong voice that can sway Jerry.
-He cleaned up the high priced underachievers and keep us relevant and at .500 while he was doing it (franchise QB be damned)
-It's the D's fault, never Garrett or the offense.
-We may be 4 and 10 but damn it, the team tries hard and plays hard too.
-And now, it's the fan's fault........

I know I'm missing a few of Garrett's outstanding qualities but you get the picture....and the excuses keep on coming.