I don't want to hear how Ben Roethlisberger is better than Tony Romo

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It's hard to judge the QBs on this team because Jerry won't bring any real talented QBs in, so we see guys like Weeden, who couldn't beat a High School JV team, and we try to judge him against a good QB like Romo. If we had a half way decent QB, we'd still have a chance this year, but Jerry doesn't want that yet. But, unless there's a Super Bowl victory, we're the only one's that will remember Romo. (in a good way)

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The Steelers defense in 2008 was #1 in the NFL by a good margin.

Thats true but in that Super Bowl Kurt & Larry had a big game.... the steelers defense had big plays, especially the turnover by harrison... but If memory serves me correctly Santonio Holmes & Ben put on a good show.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You don't want to hear how Big Ben, the 2-time SB champion is better than Romo? Okay then, I won't tell you. :rolleyes:

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
The Steelers are 3-2 in the last five games that Ben has missed and we are 0-5 in the last five Romo has missed. So tell me, Who has had the better team and coaching staff around them? Tony Romo bails out this team so often he should probably have multiple MVP awards by now.

I must admit, after watching the Steelers upset the Cardinals today (with a 3rd string QB putting up most of their points) I was quite envious of the Steelers coaching and game planning. Both their defense and special teams stepped up big time and helped a hobbled team to a big win. Yet we give up 39 points in the first game Romo misses. Needless to say, This has been a nightmare season thus far.

so who the hell has been saying it?

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The Steelers are 3-2 in the last five games that Ben has missed and we are 0-5 in the last five Romo has missed. So tell me, Who has had the better team and coaching staff around them? Tony Romo bails out this team so often he should probably have multiple MVP awards by now.

I must admit, after watching the Steelers upset the Cardinals today (with a 3rd string QB putting up most of their points) I was quite envious of the Steelers coaching and game planning. Both their defense and special teams stepped up big time and helped a hobbled team to a big win. Yet we give up 39 points in the first game Romo misses. Needless to say, This has been a nightmare season thus far.

And not just any 3rd stringer... Landry Jones, whom they drafted, nurtured, than felt he was not good enough, so they signed Micheal Vick.... Point being they they were proactive at the position.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In what way?

Are you serious? Rothlisberger has a 10-5 playoff record including 3 SB appearances winning 2 of them how is that not having a better career than Romo? Roethlisberger is practically a lock for the HOF. Obviously you don't think he's had a better career than Romo because you have Romo ranked ahead of Staubach and Aikman. I'm sure you think Romo has had a better career than both of them. LOL

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Are you serious? Rothlisberger has a 10-5 playoff record including 3 SB appearances winning 2 of them how is that not having a better career than Romo? Roethlisberger is practically a lock for the HOF. Obviously you don't think he's had a better career than Romo because you have Romo ranked ahead of Staubach and Aikman. I'm sure you think Romo has had a better career than both of them. LOL

He's had a better career but he's not a better QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's had a better career but he's not a better QB.

Over Roethlisberger's career he has been the better QB based on playoff appearances/wins and SB appearances/wins. Like it or not that's how QBs are judged. It can be debated Romo is the better QB "currently" but he clearly hasn't had the better career than Roethlisberger. You claimed not long ago that you don't judge Romo by his stats and that you have him ranked ahead of Staubach and Aikman based off what you've seen. I asked you to explain what have you seen that has you ranking him ahead of both and you disappeared as you always do when you're cornered and have no answers. So if you don't judge Romo by his stats then what makes him the better QB than Roethlisberger in your opinion?

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Over Roethlisberger's career he has been the better QB based on playoff appearances/wins and SB appearances/wins. Like it or not that's how QBs are judged. It can be debated Romo is the better QB "currently" but he clearly hasn't had the better career than Roethlisberger. You claimed not long ago that you don't judge Romo by his stats and that you have him ranked ahead of Staubach and Aikman based off what you've seen. I asked you to explain what have you seen that has you ranking him ahead of both and you disappeared as you always do when you're cornered and have no answers. So if you don't judge Romo by his stats then what makes him the better QB than Roethlisberger in your opinion?

That's the difference between you, the talking head media and me. I don't base whether a QB is good or not on how many playoff games he's won but instead I base it on his talent. How he leads the team. His heart, his dedication, his work ethic all is part of his talent. Not stats and not what the media says like you and alot others do.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
That's the difference between you, the talking head media and me. I don't base whether a QB is good or not on how many playoff games he's won but instead I base it on his talent. How he leads the team. His heart, his dedication, his work ethic all is part of his talent. Not stats and not what the media says like you and alot others do.

Unfortunately, this is how the HOF voters see players. They look at wins, TD's, Super Bowls, etc. They don't look at how good someone's Defense was.

"Hey Neil, should we vote Romo in?" "No Bob, he never won anything".

"Hey Bob, should we vote Romo in?" "Yes Neil, because he carried the team through all those seasons of a crappy Defense, and without him, they would have been bad."