I don't want to hear how Ben Roethlisberger is better than Tony Romo

Wayne02

Reaction score
Ben Roethlisberger is going to the Hall of Fame and unless Romo gets a ring, he'll be on the outside looking in. I don't care for Big Ben but the dude is elite. We don't have to tear down other QB's in order to pump up Romo. They're both great.

Everson24

Reaction score
Not the 2nd victory or the loss to greenbay..... ben was the dominant piece of the offense in those games... not to say the defense didn't have a say in the cards victory, because they did.

The Steelers defense in 2008 was #1 in the NFL by a good margin.

Everson24

Reaction score
Yeah, can't forget him. The Steelers have playmakers which enables them to get by without Ben at least for a while.

I am so sick of our team's lack of playmakers on both sides of the ball. The Steelers doubled our season takeaways in 6 days.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Ben Roethlisberger is going to the Hall of Fame and unless Romo gets a ring, he'll be on the outside looking in. I don't care for Big Ben but the dude is elite. We don't have to tear down other QB's in order to pump up Romo. They're both great.

This. Like him or not Big Ben is pretty much a lock for the HOF.

Unfortunately Romo is going to have to get himself to a Superbowl, if not win one, to have that opportunity.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I don't like Big Dumb one bit, but he's an outstanding qb. Landry Jones did well today, but the Steeler offense has been non existent for almost 3 games without big Dumb. They had 6 yards passing thru 2.5 quarters today.

Dumb has played 2 subpar Super Bowls and 1 terrific SB, but his playoffs in getting to those games were pretty great. Tony just doesn't have that record, whatever the reason.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The Steelers are 3-2 in the last five games that Ben has missed and we are 0-5 in the last five Romo has missed. So tell me, Who has had the better team and coaching staff around them? Tony Romo bails out this team so often he should probably have multiple MVP awards by now.

I must admit, after watching the Steelers upset the Cardinals today (with a 3rd string QB putting up most of their points) I was quite envious of the Steelers coaching and game planning. Both their defense and special teams stepped up big time and helped a hobbled team to a big win. Yet we give up 39 points in the first game Romo misses. Needless to say, This has been a nightmare season thus far.

And I don't want to hear how Garrett offers anything to this team without Romo.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Not if Im writing the history book

Romo is going to have to win a Superbowl.

Romo's QB rating is just 3 points (97 vs 94) above Big Ben's. Ben has those two Superbowl rings. That gets him in.

Romo is going to need to win one OR maybe just get to one.. not sure.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
Romo is going to have to win a Superbowl.

Romo's QB rating is just 3 points (97 vs 94) above Big Ben's. Ben has those two Superbowl rings. That gets him in.

Romo is going to need to win one OR maybe just get to one.. not sure.

Romo winning at least ONE will change his status dramatically.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The Steelers are 3-2 in the last five games that Ben has missed and we are 0-5 in the last five Romo has missed. So tell me, Who has had the better team and coaching staff around them? Tony Romo bails out this team so often he should probably have multiple MVP awards by now.

I must admit, after watching the Steelers upset the Cardinals today (with a 3rd string QB putting up most of their points) I was quite envious of the Steelers coaching and game planning. Both their defense and special teams stepped up big time and helped a hobbled team to a big win. Yet we give up 39 points in the first game Romo misses. Needless to say, This has been a nightmare season thus far.

Could it be that the Steelers have a better overall team than the Cowboys?

perrykemp

Reaction score

Actually, the Steelers defense isn't that good.

What they do have is 2/3rds of their triplets left -- Bell and Brown. That helps.

Cowboys have 0/3rds of their triplets (from last season) left.

perrykemp

Reaction score
It's not Big Bens fault that he has a better supporting cast then Romo. Doesn't have anything to do with the argument of who's better. Steelers are more equipped to play without their quarterback than we are.

They've done a good job drafting WRs for Ben to throw to.

Martavis Bryant looks like he is an incredible talent.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Please explain to me how you can compare the two teams and the games they have played. Nothing is the same in this league. Because someone has success with one team and does bot with another doesn't mean they are the same.

Murray is surely proving that. Even thought there are those here who will argue that point.

Everson24

Reaction score

The Steelers average defensive ranking during Ben's career is #2 and Romo's is #22. This puts enormous pressure on the QB to force throws to tryto overcome his defense.