I emailed Steve Hoffman and got a response!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I was so ticked I decided to track him down and see if he was still available. Seems he is still interested in us. Here are the emails. The first was from me:

I just found your website and this email. If you are still available to coach, the Cowboys need you back badly. Firing you was the worst thing they could have done. If it were not for the bad kicking, the Boys would be in the playoffs. Anyway, I just wondered if you were with any other team or not.

Thanks Rob,

A Cowboys fan.

He also included his phone number in the email which shocked me but I will not include it here for obvious reasons.

Steve's reply:

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Rob.

I do consulting work for many NFL and major college teams now, helping out with their kickers, punters, and holders.

Perhaps someday the situation will change in Dallas and I will be able to return to the Cowboys, but for now I will do my best to be a positive influence on kickers and punters around the league and at the college level.

Sincerely,

Steve Hoffman

Let's get him on the phone Jerry. I have his number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I was so ticked I decided to track him down and see if he was still available. Seems he is still interested in us. Here are the emails. The first was from me:

I just found your website and this email. If you are still available to coach, the Cowboys need you back badly. Firing you was the worst thing they could have done. If it were not for the bad kicking, the Boys would be in the playoffs. Anyway, I just wondered if you were with any other team or not.

Thanks Rob,

A Cowboys fan.

He also included his phone number in the email which shocked me but I will not include it here for obvious reasons.

Steve's reply:

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Rob.

I do consulting work for many NFL and major college teams now, helping out with their kickers, punters, and holders.

Perhaps someday the situation will change in Dallas and I will be able to return to the Cowboys, but for now I will do my best to be a positive influence on kickers and punters around the league and at the college level.

Sincerely,

Steve Hoffman

Let's get him on the phone Jerry. I have his number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Translation...as long as Parcells is Head Coach I won't be working there.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
:bang2: Never has such a insignifigant coach gotten so much attention

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Hostile said:

He's not one of "Bills guys":rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
:bang2: Never has such a insignifigant coach gotten so much attention

Yeah, you're right. Our kickers sucked while he was here and when he left they were all brilliant. :rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:

That's pretty much how I read it as well. :mad:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If we would actually get a respectable kicker....a kicking coach, and only the kicking coach, would not be needed in the first place.

However if you are going to go cheap and try to hit a homerun while swinging with a wiffle ball bat....then bring back hoffman.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
If we would actually get a respectable kicker....a kicking coach, and only the kicking coach, would not be needed in the first place.

However if you are going to go cheap and try to hit a homerun while swinging with a wiffle ball bat....then bring back hoffman.

Which is obviously what we are doing.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Yeah, you're right. Our kickers sucked while he was here and when he left they were all brilliant. :rolleyes:

go look it up our kickers were 74% this year and last year a whopping 76% under Hoffman the great. Big friggin difference

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
go look it up our kickers were 74% this year and last year a whopping 76% under Hoffman the great. Big friggin difference

The big friggin difference is how they perform in crunch time. That is where the kicking coach helps the most. Teaching these guys how to focus and block out other things as well as technique. Coaching them to not shank extra points and botching crunch time FGs. Get it?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
The big friggin difference is how they perform in crunch time. That is where the kicking coach helps the most. Teaching these guys how to focus and block out other things as well as technique. Coaching them to not shank extra points and botching crunch time FGs. Get it?

the kickers have sucked for years. You wanna know why they werent shanking big time FGs in 2004?? Because we were getting blown out and didnt have any big time FGs LOL.

You can continue to cry over a coach that hasnt made much of a difference in about a 5 year period or so, personally I rather get a kicker that didnt need his hand held.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Hostile said:

I was gonna say the same thing.

There are just as many coaches and players that don't like Parcells as there are that do like him I guess.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
the kickers have sucked for years. You wanna know why they werent shanking big time FGs in 2004?? Because we were getting blown out and didnt have any big time FGs LOL.

You can continue to cry over a coach that hasnt made much of a difference in about a 5 year period or so, personally I rather get a kicker that didnt need his hand held.

Obviously you are in the minority on this. I have an idea. Lets get some defensive linemen and get rid of the defensive line coachs. After all, why should they have their hands held? And oh yeah, let's get rid of the QBs coach. They don't need to be pampered either. Same with the secondary coaches, why keep them? These players are all adults. Geez! Unreal!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Why, is it such a big deal for BP to have a kicking coach? I don't understand why the Cowboys got rid of him.....must be a Paul Harvey story somewhere.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Obviously you are in the minority on this. I have an idea. Lets get some defensive linemen and get rid of the defensive line coachs. After all, why should they have their hands held? And oh yeah, let's get rid of the QBs coach. They don't need to be pampered either. Same with the secondary coaches, why keep them? These players are all adults. Geez! Unreal!

If I am in the minority thats fine at least I am being sensible.

Your little rant about getting rid of the other positions coaches is lame for one BIG reason. Tell me of the 32 NFL teams how many have a kicking coach, and how many jobs has Hoffman the great been offered

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Why, is it such a big deal for BP to have a kicking coach? I don't understand why the Cowboys got rid of him.....must be a Paul Harvey story somewhere.

Crazy not one single team in the NFL has a kicking coach

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:

Because back in 1914 when Parcells was 25 he used to walk 12 miles to the football field to kick field goals in 6 feet of snow. Kickers dont need no damn coach, they is what they is, havent you heard?