I emailed Steve Hoffman and got a response!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Obviously you are in the minority on this. I have an idea. Lets get some defensive linemen and get rid of the defensive line coachs. After all, why should they have their hands held? And oh yeah, let's get rid of the QBs coach. They don't need to be pampered either. Same with the secondary coaches, why keep them? These players are all adults. Geez! Unreal!

what BigD is saying, get some bonefide talent at kicker, just like we're doing everywhere else on the team, or trying to

look around the league, most of the top kickers dont' have a coined, "exceptional", kicking coach

coincidence?

mschmidt64

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Let's just "sink" money into every position on the field and we'd win the Superbowl. In the process, we can jettison EVERY coach that we have since it is the money that makes the difference.

I'm only for the jettison of the coaches who didn't earn their paycheck.

Like Hoffman.

Who kept us wallowed in mediocrity at the kicker position with consistently unconsistent kickers.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
I'm only for the jettison of the coaches who didn't earn their paycheck.

Like Hoffman.

Who kept us wallowed in mediocrity at the kicker position with consistently unconsistent kickers.

these guys are crazy, they want to keep Hoffman and his non-descript kickers, instead of going out and getting a real one, which Parcells will probably do

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
I know that you just made it up.

The Dallas Cowboys with Steve Hoffman were kings of bringing in the street FAs and milking them for all they were worth.

Hoffman didn't do anything to get them to perform any better... which is why they all ended up out of work sooner rather than later. Because in the end, they were all marginal kickers and no one can change that, not even a glorified special teams coach like Hoffman.

As long as Hoffman was here, we should be used to gutter kickers like Seder and Cundiff.

Hopefully, his departure will signal an end to the acceptance of mediocrity in this department, which we had done for years.

The guy was nothing special and it is why he is still UNemployed.

Now quick.... tell me something else you made up, like our kickoffs were longer under Hoffman or something.

HAHA. You know it was a typo. I meant If YOU think I made it up. But don't let something like that stop you from making a fool of yourself.

And if as you said we took marginal kickers and "Milked" them for all they were worth, who gets credit for that? And if they were out of work soon after, don't you think that nmaybe the coach had something to do with that? YOu killed your own argument.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
And if as you said we took marginal kickers and "Milked" them for all they were worth, who gets credit for that? And if they were out of work soon after, don't you think that nmaybe the coach had something to do with that? YOu killed your own argument.

No.

I'm saying I don't want to have to put up with that kind of mediocrity anymore.

We took a bunch of street free agents and rode whoever had a hot leg until it went cold.

And those hot legs were never better than average.

It took absolutely ZERO extra coaching.

The ability that Hoffman brought to the table was his ability to find street fa's and suggest them to the coaching staff.

:yawn:

What a messiah!

He provided us with average to below average kicking for a decade! Lets pay him a few hundred grand a year for being a scout who only scouts kickers, and never even finds good ones, only cheap ones!

I want a real kicker.

If you hadn't already decided that you personally like Hoffman (probably because you are an old-timey homer for the good ol days) and will stick up for him no matter how you have to stretch your argument...

.... you'd realize that you want a real kicker too.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
these guys are crazy, they want to keep Hoffman and his non-descript kickers, instead of going out and getting a real one, which Parcells will probably do

You mean like Parcells has done in his 3 years here?

I get so sick of these "Parcells will save the day" sentiments.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
You mean like Parcells has done in his 3 years here?

I get so sick of these "Parcells will save the day" sentiments.

I get sick of your b1tching, so what?

Parcells values special teams and the kicking game like no other coach, you saw his expressions after missed fgs, but you're going to seriously sit here and tell me that Parcells is going to treat the kicking situation the same way he has for awhile now, relying on Steve Hoffman and his rag-tag group of kickers?

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I get sick of your b1tching, so what?

Parcells values special teams and the kicking game like no other coach, you saw his expressions after missed fgs, but you're going to seriously sit here and tell me that Parcells is going to treat the kicking situation the same way he has for awhile now, relying on Steve Hoffman and his rag-tag group of kickers?

No Im not going to seriously sit here at tell you Parcells would do that because it makes too much sense and therefore Bill will have nothing to do with it.

You need to take the Parcells action figure out of your rectum and realize he doesnt have the answers.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
You need to take the Parcells action figure out of your rectum and realize he doesnt have the answers.

resorting to personal attacks...

yep, you lost this debate

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
resorting to personal attacks...

yep, you lost this debate

You lost it when you circumvented the language filter in your personal attack on me!

Shame on you Bill

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Parcells values special teams and the kicking game like no other coach,

Ummm, this is the coach who, onced asked a trainer if the Kicker would be available for a game and the trainer said he couldn't play. Parcells then said, He doesn't have to play, Just kick.

Yeah, he values the kicking game. :lmao:

mschmidt64

Reaction score
NovaCowboy said:
No Im not going to seriously sit here at tell you Parcells would do that because it makes too much sense and therefore Bill will have nothing to do with it.

Who does have the answers?

Or should I say, who has better answers than Parcells?

I wouldn't expect you to be able to come up with a credible answer here, but I'll give you a shot.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Ummm, this is the coach who, onced asked a trainer if the Kicker would be available for a game and the trainer said he couldn't play. Parcells then said, He doesn't have to play, Just kick.

he sure does, that's why he got rid of Hoffman, so that we can get a real kicker in here

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
No.

I'm saying I don't want to have to put up with that kind of mediocrity anymore.

We took a bunch of street free agents and rode whoever had a hot leg until it went cold.

And those hot legs were never better than average.

It took absolutely ZERO extra coaching.

The ability that Hoffman brought to the table was his ability to find street fa's and suggest them to the coaching staff.

:yawn:

What a messiah!

He provided us with average to below average kicking for a decade! Lets pay him a few hundred grand a year for being a scout who only scouts kickers, and never even finds good ones, only cheap ones!

I want a real kicker.

If you hadn't already decided that you personally like Hoffman (probably because you are an old-timey homer for the good ol days) and will stick up for him no matter how you have to stretch your argument...

.... you'd realize that you want a real kicker too.

LOL. The guys have hot legs and then they leave and they get cold. :laugh2:

Man that's funny.

They have success here under Hoffmans coaching, THEN they leave or he leaves, then they stink. But that has NOTHING to do with the coaching.

NovaCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
Who does have the answers?

Or should I say, who has better answers than Parcells?

I wouldn't expect you to be able to come up with a credible answer here, but I'll give you a shot.

When it comes to the kicking game, Steve Hoffman.

mschmidt64

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:

More stretching the facts to fit your agenda.

Top notch.

Bill Parcells plays mind games with people and is very hard on them because it forces them to produce or get the frick out.

Somehow you translate that into not valuing the kicking game.

I would hope that anybody without an agenda on this board can see you for what you are....

.... but I don't know if I can count on that here.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
he sure does, that's why he got rid of Hoffman, so that we can get a real kicker in here

Really? What's he waiting on? For the season to start? Oh wait, it's over. Timing is everything.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
mschmidt64 said:
More stretching the facts to fit your agenda.

Top notch.

Bill Parcells plays mind games with people and is very hard on them because it forces them to produce or get the frick out.

Somehow you translate that into not valuing the kicking game.

I would hope that anybody without an agenda on this board can see you for what you are....

.... but I don't know if I can count on that here.

Not stretching anything. Parcells said that. Sorry you can't handle facts. YOu lost the argument about 5 posts ago by your own words.

And BTW, Just what "AM I" little boy?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Really? What's he waiting on? For the season to start? Oh wait, it's over. Timing is everything.

how about this offseason where Mike Vanderjagt, Adam Viniteiri, and Ryan Longwell will all probably be available?

who needs Hoffman?

mschmidt64

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
LOL. The guys have hot legs and then they leave and they get cold. :laugh2:

Man that's funny.

They have success here under Hoffmans coaching, THEN they leave or he leaves, then they stink. But that has NOTHING to do with the coaching.

They were all the same.

Seder, Cundiff, Cunningham, etc.

Marginal kickers who sucked in a short amount of time even despite the amazing tutelage of Hoffman.

Eddie Murray is the route we should be going.

Continue to pine away for the kicking scout and special teams mediocrity, though.